Iran NO Longer Sells Oil For US Dolalrs

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 08:10 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;51013 wrote:
What's sad is that people refuse to understand WHY we are attacked, and hated. The fear/war mongers among us would have people believe it is simply because we exist, and because we are free. Anyone that has even the slightest clue knows this is nothing more than a blatant lie to herd the sheeple that prefer to have someone else think for them.

It is a fact that Islamists have been waging a war based on idealogy with the West and others since the life of Muhammed. Sometimes there have been peaceful periods and sometimes they looked more like defenders because of counterattacks, but for well over a thousand years, Islamists have been fighting against non-Muslims, not because they were free, they were not always free, but because we were non-Muslims. It's simply a fact. If they were fighting against us mainly because we were involved in the Middle East, why not say so? Is it all a facade when they say that we are Crusaders, infidels, kafir, that they are on a holy Jihad? We are militarily involved virtually everywhere, and yet only these people who have other reasons for attacking us are blowing themselves up.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 08:41 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51027 wrote:
It is a fact that Islamists have been waging a war based on idealogy with the West and others since the life of Muhammed. Sometimes there have been peaceful periods and sometimes they looked more like defenders because of counterattacks, but for well over a thousand years, Islamists have been fighting against non-Muslims, not because they were free, they were not always free, but because we were non-Muslims. It's simply a fact. If they were fighting against us mainly because we were involved in the Middle East, why not say so? Is it all a facade when they say that we are Crusaders, infidels, kafir, that they are on a holy Jihad? We are militarily involved virtually everywhere, and yet only these people who have other reasons for attacking us are blowing themselves up.

They only fight countries that **** with them, this is the reason you don't hear about islamic extremists attacking Mongolia or Belize. If they hate all non-muslims then we did they choose us to fight?
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 12:39 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51027 wrote:
If they were fighting against us mainly because we were involved in the Middle East, why not say so?

Do you live in a cave? They have said that repeatedly.
0 Replies

klyph

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 12:40 am
@rugonnacry,
Maybe it's because we don't have hard currency, all we have is "legal tender"
92b16vx

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 12:45 am
@klyph,
klyph;51061 wrote:
Maybe it's because we don't have hard currency, all we have is "legal tender"

Imagine that, Iran doesn't like fiat money, especially ours.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 03:00 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51026 wrote:

1. Not everyone who was ever bitten by a snake was provoking it. Sometimes you just have the misfortune of encountering a snake.

2. In this case, the US encounters the snake of Muslim extremism by being in the same world, where global travel is not an obstacle. And Muslim extremism is a very excitable snake.

3. Perhaps the snake is not really afraid in this case, and is being an aggressor. It's really more towards the middle of the two; they hate us but they are afraid of what we can do, which only strengthens their resolve to attack. It all comes out the same way. Afraid or not, the snakes have decided to bite.

1. snakes don't go out seeking humans to bite, like i said before if they do bite either they weren't afraid or they were left with no other option.

2. Oh so that's why they attacked us, becuase we exist in the same world? I highly doubt that, the idea that the islamic extremists attacked us simply because we exist is very naive at that.

3. Why did the snake decide to bite? This is the question you must answer.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 03:10 pm
@rugonnacry,
Quote:
1. snakes don't go out seeking humans to bite, like i said before if they do bite either they weren't afraid or they were left with no other option.

But not all humans who were ever bitten by a snake were not provoking it. Sometimes, as I said, you simply have the misfortune of stepping on a snake.

Quote:
2. Oh so that's why they attacked us, becuase we exist in the same world? I highly doubt that, the idea that the islamic extremists attacked us simply because we exist is very naive at that.

Some would say it is much more naive to think that they are attacking us only because of our involvement in the Middle East. They are attacking us because fighting against us is an integral part of their ideology. Like saying the snake must always be deliberately provoked in order to bite. We must also understand that these are humans with human sensibilities and the stubborn convictions characteristic of humans. Snakes are simply a metaphor.
socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 03:11 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;51013 wrote:
What's sad is that people refuse to understand WHY we are attacked, and hated. The fear/war mongers among us would have people believe it is simply because we exist, and because we are free. Anyone that has even the slightest clue knows this is nothing more than a blatant lie to herd the sheeple that prefer to have someone else think for them.

It all comes down to political arrogance. After all, 60 years ago they were all a bunch of disorganized savages roaming the desert. Now with the arrogance of their wealth and our so called intellectual arrogance we are facing an enemy that is as determined as we are weak.
Reagaknight

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 03:14 pm
@rugonnacry,
Quote:
After all, 60 years ago they were all a bunch of disorganized savages roaming the desert.

While, even I will admit that Islamic culture has maintained some small semblence of civilization for quite a while. Rest of post was right on target, though.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 03:19 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51084 wrote:
But not all humans who were ever bitten by a snake were not provoking it. Sometimes, as I said, you simply have the misfortune of stepping on a snake.

Some would say it is much more naive to think that they are attacking us only because of our involvement in the Middle East. They are attacking us because fighting against us is an integral part of their ideology. Like saying the snake must always be deliberately provoked in order to bite. We must also understand that these are humans with human sensibilities and the stubborn convictions characteristic of humans. Snakes are simply a metaphor.

Okay first of all provoking something/someone is NOT the only way to leave them no option.

and secondly if attacking non-muslims is part of their ideology then why did they attack the USA? Why didn't they attack Brazil, Belize, Japan, Mongolia etc? What are we doing that causes them to attack us and not other nations. You might have a valid point if they were attacking all non-muslim nations, but they aren't. It's time fo you to get your head out of the sand.

http://www.projectearth.com/Images/Head_Sand.jpg
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 03:41 pm
@rugonnacry,
Quote:
and secondly if attacking non-muslims is part of their ideology then why did they attack the USA? Why didn't they attack Brazil, Belize, Japan, Mongolia etc? What are we doing that causes them to attack us and not other nations. You might have a valid point if they were attacking all non-muslim nations, but they aren't. It's time fo you to get your head out of the sand.

According to thereligionofpeace.com, there have been over 10,000 attacks by Muslim extremists since 9/11. None on US soil. They fight their enemies at home and they fight their enemies abroad, and not only in the US. Also, the US is symbolic of the West in every way, symbolizing everything they hate. The US is the greatest 'devil' to them.
socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 03:48 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51098 wrote:
According to thereligionofpeace.com, there have been over 10,000 attacks by Muslim extremists since 9/11. None on US soil. They fight their enemies at home and they fight their enemies abroad, and not only in the US. Also, the US is symbolic of the West in every way, symbolizing everything they hate. The US is the greatest 'devil' to them.

It's really quite simple.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 04:04 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51098 wrote:

and why do they hate the west?

BECUASE WE WERE OVER THERE!

Duh!

"the FBI’s statement to Congress and bin Laden’s own words: Opposition to U.S. military forces in the Persian gulf area, most notably Saudi Arabia, U.S. support of corrupt Middle Eastern countries, U.S. support for Israel’s brutal occupation and the ongoing assault on civilians in Iraq. "
scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 04:15 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;51086 wrote:
It all comes down to political arrogance. After all, 60 years ago they were all a bunch of disorganized savages roaming the desert. Now with the arrogance of their wealth and our so called intellectual arrogance we are facing an enemy that is as determined as we are weak.

Lets get the facts right here,the probelems in the midle-east were for a great part caused by the west,the arabs helped defeat the turks in WW1 and thoght they were going to get their own homeland,the british and french,done the dirty on them and carved up the land between themselves,they drew the maps,they put who they wanted in power,they have a big part to play in the problems that now exist,they both still wanted their empires and colonies.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 04:16 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;51107 wrote:

They did not hate us when we sent an army of construction and engineering experts to build their oil empire. Sure, we profited, but they amassed enormous wealth as a result. We showed them the way and over generations, threw it in our faces.
Reagaknight

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 04:21 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;51107 wrote:

Back to square one when we can't disprove the facts. It is a fact that they attack others besides the US DAILY-- because of their ideology!

Do you think they would stop if we withdrew from the ME? They are attacking people who have nothing to do with the Middle East, who just are not Muslims, because of their ideology. AQ is obsessed with holy war. They are the Jihadists fighting the Crusaders. They want to bring the world under Sharia, etc.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 04:22 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;51112 wrote:
They did not hate us when we sent an army of construction and engineering experts to build their oil empire. Sure, we profited, but they amassed enormous wealth as a result. We showed them the way and over generations, threw it in our faces.

Who amassed all this wealth you are talking about,the people certainly didnt benefit,the vast majority live in poverty.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 07:16 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;51114 wrote:
Back to square one when we can't disprove the facts. It is a fact that they attack others besides the US DAILY-- because of their ideology!

Do you think they would stop if we withdrew from the ME? They are attacking people who have nothing to do with the Middle East, who just are not Muslims, because of their ideology. AQ is obsessed with holy war. They are the Jihadists fighting the Crusaders. They want to bring the world under Sharia, etc.

Yeah what countries do they attack? UK, France, Spain all american allies and all of these countries are guilty for the same things as America.

I said it before and i'll say it again: Countries that don't interfer in the middle-east don't get attacked! It's as simple as that. These are people just like me and you not some "evil-doers" which is just silly, and just like me or you we aren't just gonna attack someone for no reason.
Reagaknight

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 07:28 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;51138 wrote:
Yeah what countries do they attack? UK, France, Spain all american allies and all of these countries are guilty for the same things as America.

I said it before and i'll say it again: Countries that don't interfer in the middle-east don't get attacked! It's as simple as that. These are people just like me and you not some "evil-doers" which is just silly, and just like me or you we aren't just gonna attack someone for no reason.

Each of those are now out of Iraq, at least, if ever there. Okay, from memory, there was a foiled planned attack on several historical churches in Italy. Why, I wonder, would they choose such targets?

Many attacks occur against anti-Islamists in the Middle East. Are those countries interfering in themselves? Are the minority Christians in Indonesian (largest Muslim country) marketplaces interfering in the Middle East?

They do have a good reason to attack. Their most firmly held tenets.
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 07:31 pm
@hatukazi,
hatukazi;50955 wrote:
sure, why should they accept our crappy money? I'm sure they already know where our help put their neighbor Saddam.

I like it because it is NOT an act of war.
it is NOT a terrorist act/sponsor.

and we cant invade them for not taking our money, which I'm very sure has bushies panties in a bunch.

You should move to Iran, and plot around the clock with President Tom against Israel and the US.