About the 2022 monkeypox outbreak

Tue 23 Aug, 2022 07:59 pm
Hi. I learned fairly recently that there's a monkeypox outbreak that transpired as of the time of the posting of this. The U.S. is one of the countries that was impacted by it.

I heard something about this on YouTube; some random video about the outbreak popped up in my recommendations.

If the monkeypox outbreak is such a big deal why aren't more people talking about it?

People I know talked about it on a certain chatsite I frequent.

There's dozens of links to websites about it.

I haven't heard anything on TV or on the radio about it recently.

I was told monkeypox is only an issue affecting homosexuals since it's an STD.

Are people more and still focused on the Covid-19 pandemic?

At least President Biden is taking the monkeypox outbreak seriously:

Has anyone here heard of any positive developments regarding the monkeypox outbreak?

Does anyone here have anything they want to contribute regarding the monkeypox outbreak?

Feel free to add anything.

What caused monkeypox to be spread so quickly?

This is something important that needs to be discussed.

Please help. Thank you.

tsarstepan

Tue 23 Aug, 2022 08:12 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I haven't heard anything on TV or on the radio about it recently.

I won't pull my punches. Not here. Over the two decades of reading your posts, I can safely decree that you are not the most media savvy individual at a2k. That's saying A LOT considering we have been hit with wave after wave of unmedicated schizophrenic conspiracy theorists over the life of this forum.

The current monkeypox outbreak has much media coverage beyond your sad anecdotal experience. It's got a ton of national and global notoriety.

Quote:
I was told monkeypox is only an issue affecting homosexuals since it's an STD.

NOT SEMANTICS. Monkeypox isn't an STD. And anyone can get it regardless of sexual orientation. It's just the largest population hit by the disease that currently belongs to the homosexual and bisexual population.

Here are the official CDC numbers so far.
glitterbag

Tue 23 Aug, 2022 11:39 pm
@JGoldman10,
Listen to Tsar, he has provided genuine advice......really Goldman, listen to Tsar
0 Replies

Mame

Wed 24 Aug, 2022 09:40 am
@JGoldman10,
It's been in the news for quite a while so I don't know where you've been. Google it.
edgarblythe

Wed 24 Aug, 2022 09:59 am
In our area a child was diagnosed to have it, but last night the diagnosis was changed. One bit of good news.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 24 Aug, 2022 10:33 am
@Mame,
He watches religious telly and that's about it.

I imagine Monkeypox was first mentioned in connection with sending themmore money.
0 Replies

Bubbles66

Wed 24 Aug, 2022 10:47 am
Gov.Uk

Up to 22 August 2022 there were 3,207 confirmed and 133 highly probable Monkeypox cases in the UK: 3,340 in total.

Of these, 78 were in Scotland, 27 were in Northern Ireland, 44 were in Wales and 3,191 were in England.
0 Replies

engineer

Wed 24 Aug, 2022 11:13 am
First confirmed case here in Wilmington, NC. Like lots of veterans, I got the smallpox vaccination when I entered the service. News said that is also effective against Monkey Pox.
izzythepush

Thu 25 Aug, 2022 03:26 am
@engineer,
There was a smallpox scare over here in the 70s.

A coach load of infected people had used a motorway service station on the same day as my family and me, so we all had to have smallpox vaccinations.

I don't know if it's still effective, I was only a kid.
tsarstepan

Thu 25 Aug, 2022 01:46 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

There was a smallpox scare over here in the 70s.

A coach load of infected people had used a motorway service station on the same day as my family and me, so we all had to have smallpox vaccinations.

I don't know if it's still effective, I was only a kid.

There's a notable (looming)scare regarding Polio here in NYC. These are truly sh!tty times we're living in.
PoliteMight

Fri 26 Aug, 2022 08:24 pm
@JGoldman10,
Mpox is not new. There is a vaccine for that all ready. The reality is that it has only been in Africa and other nations at random.

IDK why they would attck the LGBT community at all. I would only imagine the scenario for that to take place in. Monkey Polks has a vaccine ( for years ).

Again not new at all, I would like to know about the vaccine being offered in the US areas. That and chronic cough vaccine ( a problem I believe I had ).

0 Replies

PoliteMight

Fri 26 Aug, 2022 08:27 pm
@tsarstepan,
Those kids was not vaccinated for polio. Parents was being lazy and scared of covid during this time. So their is no "polio" scare. If their was then Omg.........that would be the end of it all. I mean how many days could you go without having sex or children. Should be easy.
glitterbag

Fri 26 Aug, 2022 10:43 pm
@PoliteMight,
The 40 year old should have been vaccinated by his pediatrician many, many years ago. It wasn't COVID fear, it was the priceless parental decision that they were much smarter than the doctors, ergo, no vaccine for my precious babe.
tsarstepan

Thu 1 Sep, 2022 12:45 pm

Early signs suggest monkeypox may be slowing in the U.S.

Quote:
Cases slow down in big cities
In New York City – one of the epicenters of the outbreak – the number of new people being infected has dropped 40% over the past month. San Francisco health officials are also seeing a decline in the rate of new cases.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 3 Sep, 2022 01:29 pm
@glitterbag,
Are you referring to me? If so, I WAS vaccinated by a pediatrician years ago.
bobsal u1553115

Mon 5 Sep, 2022 01:50 pm
@JGoldman10,
For monkey pox? If it concerns you, ask your physician for the monkey pox vax.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 13 Sep, 2022 09:11 pm
A number of days ago as of the time of the posting of this I learned that there is now a polio outbreak in NYS:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62857112.amp

This link popped up in the browser on my smartphone.

I never thought I would see the day in which I would hear about three major disease outbreaks coexisting at the same time.

Does the fact that these outbreaks coexist at the same time complicate things?

How serious is polio? Are people talking about it?

izzythepush

Wed 14 Sep, 2022 12:19 am
@JGoldman10,
Polio was eradicated, then a bunch of conspiracy freaks erroneously linked the vaccine to autism and now it's back.

Polio is very serious, FDR spent most of his later life confined to a wheelchair.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 14 Sep, 2022 12:29 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Are you referring to me? If so, I WAS vaccinated by a pediatrician years ago.

Why would you think I was referring to you???? In recent years many formerly suppressed diseases have been popping up because 'parents' have decided they will not listen to doctors. Too many people have been stricken with measles, chickenpox, polio and other things because our current bunch of lax parents don't feel a need to participate in protecting the people who live near them. I would have no clue about your vaccinations, and I didn't assume you were not vaccinated. Frankly, I'm a little insulted that you assumed I would insult you.
izzythepush

Wed 14 Sep, 2022 12:32 am
@glitterbag,
Most of us know the Earth revolves around the Sun, not Mr Goldman.
0 Replies