0

What would George Carlin talk about if he was still around?

Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 07:27 pm
Hi. I am not a big fan of George Carlin. I have seen a number of his comedic acts in videos on YouTube. One thing I didn't like about him was he very anti-religious.

I hope the man got Saved before he passed.

He was a smart man. He had to be smart to come up with all the stuff he did when he was doing stand-up.

He did a lot of social commentary. I think he was funny but he didn't have to cuss or be vulgar to be funny.

He passed in 2008.

If he was still around I wonder what he would do stand-up about. He's probably have a lot of material to work with, with all the stuff going on in the world since his passing.

What do YOU think he'd talk about if he were still around?

I think he'd probably do stand-up based on the following:

Social media. He predicted the advent of social media in early stand-up comedy routines. He'd probably talk about how ridiculous a lot of it is. He's probably talk about freedoms Americans actually have on social media.

He'd probably talk about issues with YouTube and video-sharing sites and such.

The Covid-19 pandemic and crisis. He predicted this years ago in some acts he did especially in the one he did about germs. I feel like he would touch upon this.

The Trump administration. Sometimes he touched upon politics. He did talk about politicians but he didn't call out anyone by name. However I think in Trump's case he'd make an exception.

Streaming services. Possibly. He'd probably talk about how complex modern tech has become.

Political correctness and cancel culture. He'd probably talk about how ridiculous some of this is.

BLM? Maybe. He'd probably talk about their influence on pop culture and society and such.

Karens, Beckys and Stacys. He'd probably touch upon this. This is a big thing now.

Reality TV. He'd probably talk about how crappy and ridiculous some of this programming is.

The retail apocalypse. That's somewhat of a big issue now.

This is all I can think of at the moment.

Please help. Thank you.

1  
Reply Tue 20 Jul, 2021 09:41 pm
@JGoldman10,
I was a fan of George Carlin. He would certainly have things to say about gender based pronouns and the fear of offending people. He was always agains political correctness.

I think Bill Maher is the most important comedian in this vein in 2021.