Iran could strike the US by 2015

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 08:30 am
well this is great news lol

FOXNews.com - Iran Could Strike U.S. by 2015, U.S. Officials Say - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,121 • Replies: 126
No top replies

wvpeach

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 09:02 am
@Silverchild79,
I'm pretty sure we will get them by next year.

So its a non issue them getting us first.

Unless they get busy and hit us by next year!
Silverchild79

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 09:56 am
@Silverchild79,
we'll have struck them my Memorial day 08 I think. Right about the time the surge ends. It isn't a bad strategy really. Iran is bolstering the insurangcy, so we do some house cleaning in Iraq, then give Iran their own problems to deal with so they don't return.

We need to secure the Iran/Iraq border ideally, but no way in hell Congress will let us do it, even if it would help greatly
wvpeach

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 10:48 am
@Silverchild79,
So since you do not think cogress will allow it how do you think it will get approved?

Another terrorist attack perhaps?

they kill some diplomats in iraq and blame it on Iran?

How do you see the scale being tipped in America to allow for the bombing to start silverchild?
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 11:14 am
@Silverchild79,
congressional approval isn't required for a one time air/missile strike, or a 60 day ground campaign for that matter

never has been

Regan never needed approval for Grenada, etc

and contrary to cynical belief we don't need to blame Iran for anything, they've already contributed to more US deaths then Germany ever did before we declared war on them. The Ron Pualer's always ask me for proof, well if you're going to accuse the US of planting evidence on Iran I would like to see some proof because the fact of the matter is that isn't what's happening. Had the US been interested in planting proof the whole "why haven't we found WMD in Iraq" debate would have never happened
wvpeach

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 11:37 am
@Silverchild79,
Um

Learned something anyway. You are right I do not think congressional approval is needed.

That gives us a time line of it happening by spring I guess as he'd want to stay in office and direct what he started a while I guess.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 12:33 pm
@Silverchild79,

LOL i think its some of the right-wing in the US,that are the ones that want to strike Iran.
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 01:28 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;40359 wrote:
congressional approval isn't required for a one time air/missile strike, or a 60 day ground campaign for that matter

never has been

Regan never needed approval for Grenada, etc

and contrary to cynical belief we don't need to blame Iran for anything, they've already contributed to more US deaths then Germany ever did before we declared war on them. The Ron Pualer's always ask me for proof, well if you're going to accuse the US of planting evidence on Iran I would like to see some proof because the fact of the matter is that isn't what's happening. Had the US been interested in planting proof the whole "why haven't we found WMD in Iraq" debate would have never happened

Wrong again.

Iranians haven't killed Americans in Iraq, their weapons have. Using your logic, Germany was just in declaring war on the US because we were supplying aircraft to the British during the Battle of Britain. It's botched logic.

We don't accuse anybody of planting evidence, we just want to see something more than a handful of Revolutionary Guardsmen caught inside Iraq. We have spec ops advising paramilitary groups and governments globally, so what makes us special? WHY are you so hell bent on attacking Iran? Do you not know what this would entail? We will eliminate ANY semblance of support for the US abroad, I doubt even the UK will join us, and you bet your ass the Chinese and Russians will veto any Security Council resolution sanctioning military force, so we'll have to rely on NATO. Germany and France won't help us, and outside of Britain, they're the only NATO members with a military capable of legitimately assisting.

Further, what makes you think we can win? Say we invade Iran, and ANOTHER Iraq happens. Or better yet, we bomb Iran, and they increase supply to the insurgency, or perhaps INVADE Iraq. No doubt we would repel such an invasion conventionally, but they'd likely do the guerilla thing, mostly because it works.

Then of course you have the global price of crude oil spiking at over $100/barrel in the event of Iranian production losses, effectively killing what's left of our tattered economy.

You, along with other neocon hawks have not thought this little project through. You're using the same thought-process that got us into this god awful mess in Iraq AND you've got no evidence that:

1. Iran is seeking nuclear weapons.
2. Iran would seek to use nuclear weapons on the US.
3. Iran would GIVE billion-dollar equipment to terrorists (you'll notice Hezbollah doesn't have APC's or choppers).

If you're Iran, even a nuclear Iran, why would you attack a nation with THOUSANDS of nuclear warheads? The USSR has more warheads than we did, and yet nuclear war never happened, why is that? Nations don't go to war unless they think they can win, this is BASIC realpolitique thinking. Iran is NO THREAT TO THE UNITED STATES NOR WILL IT BE SOON.

Edit:

Declaration of War is needed for all military excursions. War Powers Act is unconstitutional in this respect, but it is impossible to challege in court because no tort can be proven by anybody with the ability to contest the law. READ YOUR CONSTITUTION.
Silverchild79

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 01:48 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;40365 wrote:
Wrong again.

Iranians haven't killed Americans in Iraq, their weapons have.

please notice I said CONTRIBUTED
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 01:49 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;40354 wrote:
We need to secure the Iran/Iraq border ideally, but no way in hell Congress will let us do it, even if it would help greatly

we can't even secure our OWN borders. how do you suggest this happens?

the whole middle east is a lost cause. its time to MTFO
Silverchild79

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 01:50 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;40365 wrote:
We don't accuse anybody of planting evidence, we just want to see something more than a handful of Revolutionary Guardsmen caught inside Iraq. We have spec ops advising paramilitary groups and governments globally, so what makes us special?

because when our spec ops it the ground it's at the request of the host nation, what Iran is doing is undermining a free society against the will of Iraq's government

I'm not quick to attack Iran, I'm quick to ensure Iran does not become more of a problem then it already is. Why are you so quick to attack America?
Silverchild79

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 01:51 pm
@briansol,
briansol;40373 wrote:
we can't even secure our OWN borders. how do you suggest this happens?

the whole middle east is a lost cause. its time to MTFO

Considering we get the lion's share of our energy from the region in question I certianly hope it is not a lost cause. The Ron Pauler's of the world have a problem with confusing "haven't won yet" to "failed"
Sabz5150

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 02:20 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;40375 wrote:
Considering we get the lion's share of our energy from the region in question

Goodnight, everybody!
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 02:34 pm
@Silverchild79,
confusing "haven't won yet" to "failed"

and what exactly is the goal? what are we to win?
wvpeach

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 03:11 pm
@briansol,
Well just so everybody knows if we bomb Iran we'll see more of this

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e35/wvpeach1963/3inabox.jpg Fathers who get to bury three children to a box in Iraq. This will happen in Iran to.

And we'll see more of this.http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e35/wvpeach1963/coffins.jpg Brave soldiers who never made it home.

In fact if we keep waging war we are guaranteed to see it come to our own streets.
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 03:14 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;40374 wrote:
because when our spec ops it the ground it's at the request of the host nation, what Iran is doing is undermining a free society against the will of Iraq's government

I'm not quick to attack Iran, I'm quick to ensure Iran does not become more of a problem then it already is. Why are you so quick to attack America?

Iraq's government isn't free. We wouldn't allow their clerics to run for office, ergo their government is not free. Iran is supplying weapons at the request of the Shia militias, the US supplies weapons to Sunni militias, what's the difference?

I am not quick to attack America, I like America an awful lot. I don't want to see people like you, who have no grasp of the consequences of military action against Iran to convince anybody else that Iran poses any serious threat.
Freeman15

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 03:17 pm
@Silverchild79,
Considering we get the lion's share of our energy from the region in question I certianly hope it is not a lost cause. The Ron Pauler's of the world have a problem with confusing "haven't won yet" to "failed"

How do we win? Give me a list of CONCRETE OBJECTIVES. Not "when iraqis are ready". Define victory.

Further, if we'd stop criticizing Putin, we could become very close friends with the world's largest producer of natural gas, one of the largest oil producers, and a non-OPEC nation.

You still haven't addressed any of the concerns I brought up concerning the invasion. Realzing it's not feasbile, or simply hoping nobody notices?
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 03:20 pm
@Freeman15,
oh and if we go bomb Iran we'll see more of these.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e35/wvpeach1963/burnedbaby.jpg

And more fathers like this poor man

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e35/wvpeach1963/manandgirl.jpg

Just want everybody to realize what people are saying. Its all about oil and money that is true. But they do not want us to think about the human beings war kills.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 03:38 pm
@Silverchild79,
Yea, more fear monger vomit!!!! Let's start another unsubstantiated war with another country that has no means of attacking the US. Oh N03z tH3y tH3473n3d Da iSra3L!!!
0 Replies

Whatever cv

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2007 03:54 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;40350 wrote:
I'm pretty sure we will get them by next year.

So its a non issue them getting us first.

Unless they get busy and hit us by next year!

I don't think they want to get us...the only "get us" they want is US out of the Middle East...given Iraq, can you blame them?:dunno: