Western Acceptance of War

Drnaline

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 09:35 pm
@Pinochet73,
I get most of my news from the internet and cable TV.
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 06:25 am
@Drnaline,
Television is the main culprit. It's driven by ratings, which equal money, which equals sensationalism and gross distortion of the truth. It also means lopsided coverage, whereby only profitable stories are investigated and reported on, instead of important, world and national news. Once again, the corruption of money rears its prickly head and hurts the innocent.

Everything about us must be re-engineered and brought back into alignment with the ideals, values and beliefs that forged Medieval Europe. Yes, this sounds nuts in today's ultra-modern society; but I've always believed that if you want something brilliant for the future, you must look for at least part of it in the past. The new and beautiful is usually born from the old and beautiful.

ARISE, CHRISTENDOM, ARISE. RECLAIM YOUR DESTINY, WITH YOUR GLORIOUS HERITAGE IN MIND, AND BURNING IN YOUR HEART. :headbang:
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 08:34 am
@Pinochet73,
No . I am saying that if you are getting news from the printed format , you have to look for it . Look past the fluff , delve into the back pages . I think real news should be prominent and fluff should be in the back pages .
Anyone getting the news only from the papers these days is at a distinct disadvantage . Use every source you can access , and sift the garbage out to form an informed opinion on topics .
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Thu 1 Mar, 2007 11:57 am
@Pinochet73,
Fair enough, but I would add do not be afraid to read between the lines as well. Sometimes the fluffiest of fluff, and I have written a lot of it, has a grain of hard news in it....a grain of truth if you will...
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 07:24 pm
@Drnaline,
Bottom line: one must know what's going on in the WORLD ENTIRE, not just in the narrow field of events and issues selected by the media, based on ratings and profits.:no:
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 09:00 pm
@Pinochet73,
Perhaps, but in the end all information must ultimately come from a media that has some agenda, even if that agenda is only to grab a market share. It is up to the consumer to develop a talent for analysis and discernment that can sift through the layers and ID the purest most basic and unfliltered facts at the core of each story...To look at each story and each fact for its own worth and not see what they wish to see ....
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 09:14 pm
@Drnaline,
Right. But in the U.S., television news only focuses on what makes money. Of course you've noticed they ALL cover the exact same stories, almost wall-to-wall, at the exclusion of world events. Fox News, for example, will start with Billow, then go to H and C, then Greta, with ALL THREE shows focusing on the EXACT SAME story. It's screwed up. It exposes the public as a horde of stooges. I hate it.:no:
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Fri 2 Mar, 2007 09:21 pm
@Pinochet73,
No argument here...I'm so sick of the Anna Nicole Smith...BS...on every channel every day but what do you do about it other than buy your own outlet which will not be able to compete, because nobody will watch it...People want crap and thats what they get....

..."We treat our celebrities like royalty and our teachers like dirt
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 3 Mar, 2007 11:11 am
@Drnaline,
Very true. Look at Hollywood -- it produces pure crap, based on marketing studies to capture max profits. There's no artwork to it, at all. If you want to watch a truly artistic film, you have to watch foreign flicks. American movies are nothing but profiteering ventures. It's pathetic. This is what our material success and luxurious lifestyle have reduced us to, quite unfortunately. :no:
0 Replies