Western Acceptance of War

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 07:00 pm
@Tulip cv,
Reality is one harsh MF. We simply can't pull out. Sorry. That's the bottom line. We need stability in our oil-fields, and the Jewish lobby has our government by the gonads. We are THERE, period. We need to accept that fact and view it as an opportunity to kick Islam's butt, once and for all.:headbang:
Drnaline

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 07:27 pm
@Pinochet73,
I see what you saying. I also see a lot of the Iraqi civilians trying very hard. They had a seventy percent turnout to ratify there Constitution. That says something of there cultures exceptance. Insurgent groups targeting civilians to me is not a civil war.
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 06:38 am
@Pinochet73,
You got it Dr., there are a lot of Iraqis that are behind the US and NATO help they have recieved...l know that we can't pull out, l would just like a miracle, and l really want to know where is all that money the UN is holding onto.

I can not understand why the taxpayers of our countries have to foot the bill for this, especially building training facilities...they need to be responsible for paying this bill, especially when they go to town and add all kinds of fancy things for their new training facility...like an indoor pool.

The stats of the oil money put it at 500 billion being held by the UN.:eek:
Drnaline

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2007 08:59 am
@Tulip cv,
Tulip;11275 wrote:
You got it Dr., there are a lot of Iraqis that are behind the US and NATO help they have recieved...l know that we can't pull out, l would just like a miracle, and l really want to know where is all that money the UN is holding onto.

I can not understand why the taxpayers of our countries have to foot the bill for this, especially building training facilities...they need to be responsible for paying this bill, especially when they go to town and add all kinds of fancy things for their new training facility...like an indoor pool.

The stats of the oil money put it at 500 billion being held by the UN.:eek:
Quote:
and l really want to know where is all that money the UN is holding onto.

Kofi and his boys are enjoying it, what you wanna bet there will be a whole bunch of it missing when they do decide to do something with it?
One question i have, why is there 500 billion, i thought we went in to take there oil? We must not be very good thieves or the leftys are wrong and we must be paying for it? I still hear, war for oil?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2007 02:50 pm
@Pinochet73,
Personally, I believe soldiers in combat shouldn't be confused with excessive amenities in the rear area. Such treatment is contradictory. The war-zone should be kept austere, and ultra-serious, at all times. BUT, the flip side is that combat tours should be limited to one year, period, and one per enlistment, period. R and R sould be given once per tour, out-of-country. Our approach should hard, mean and unapologetic. I worry that America is too politically correct to be able to win counter-insurgencies. We're just not prepared to do what has to be done. We're too civilized. :no:
Drnaline

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2007 03:13 pm
@Pinochet73,
Agreed
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2007 05:15 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;11375 wrote:
Personally, I believe soldiers in combat shouldn't be confused with excessive amenities in the rear area. Such treatment is contradictory. The war-zone should be kept austere, and ultra-serious, at all times. BUT, the flip side is that combat tours should be limited to one year, period, and one per enlistment, period. R and R sould be given once per tour, out-of-country. Our approach should hard, mean and unapologetic. I worry that America is too politically correct to be able to win counter-insurgencies. We're just not prepared to do what has to be done. We're too civilized. :no:

Bravo Pinochet, if you think the US is to politically correct you should spend some time on a Canadian forum. Wowza the left cries at the mere Mention of War, Military, and I'm whispering now Muslims. The word Muslim has them screaming racist the moment they read it. :dunno:
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2007 09:57 pm
@Pinochet73,
I agree with some of your reforms, but I disagree that the problem is with our troops on the ground. Our forces don't have a problem in face to face encounters in fact our troops on the ground do not have a problem fighting at all. Spirit has not and is not the problem...You can't do a job that requires 200 guys with slightly more than half that number no matter how good your morale is or how good your work ethic is. Lets be hard mean and unapologetic in Afghanistan and I would also add smart. We are losing the results of an overwhelming victory where it did visible and logical good for the sake of a war even the hawks are sure is winnable... Also when people say the Army is broke what they mean is the budget is stretched thin, the equipment worn and the resources needed to fight two wars and maintain our other responsibilities at home shrinking. The morale and professionalism of our guys is the only thing holding this mess together
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 09:35 am
@Pinochet73,
Quote:
The morale and professionalism of our guys is the only thing holding this mess together

And as we speak they are undermining that.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2007 01:19 pm
@Pinochet73,
I meant 'hard, mean and unapologetic' toward the enemy, not our own troops. Our troops are great. We have to fight to win, which I don't think we can, given our obsession with PC. We're not sober enough about reality to triumph in a counter-insurgency. We prefer the intoxication of PC, a social and spiritual disease of the worst kind.:no:
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 02:10 pm
@Pinochet73,
If the media would report the facts instead deciding how the war in Iraq "Should" go it would be a great first step in actually winning it. MSM spends way to much time on the Iraq issue and instead of facts we end up hearing some pontificating wind bag reporter orate on how he would operate in Iraq. When did reporters become "No it alls" about everything, including "WAR"?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 03:03 pm
@Pinochet73,
I believe that is why print media is so low in demand. People are tired of the bias.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 07:53 pm
@Pinochet73,
We are a people without a voice. Voting means nothing today. Our only choices are two parties which are under the control of the same, subterranean, special-interests. Yes, we're free, but unrepresented in government. America needs another revolution. She needs a vigorous, Christian, cultural revival. :FU1:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2007 07:15 pm
@Pinochet73,
Christian Resistance of America

Check this out.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 10:18 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;11494 wrote:
Nice little page, you gonna start a site with membership? Sign me up. Can we wear civil war hats, LOL.
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 03:58 pm
@Pinochet73,
I keep hearing about the media this and the media that. The modern mainstream media is F****** up everything. I got news for you. There were reporters in the Civil War and a tabloid likely started the Spanish American War deliberately or not....
What is it exactly that they should be reporting that they are not.
I agree that there is too much opinion and advocacy reporting being passed off as hard news these days. There is way to much talk show journalism going on, on television but there have also been reams of hard hitting reporting. mostly in print but on TV and radio as well and from both sides of the political perspective but nobpdy wants to hear it. We want Anna Nicole Smith, we want Michael Jackson. Conservatives want conservative spin, hence Fox News and liberals want liberal spin hence Air America
If Ed Morrough was alive to day he would be bagging groceries and you all know it....
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 06:57 pm
@Pinochet73,
You answered your own question: the media is a political force, vying for power. That isn't its traditional job or role. THAT'S the problem. We have no choice but to listen to and watch it. It's all we have in the way of convenient, timely, public information. It's been corrupted by money and liberalism, the new-age religion of many. :no:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 07:00 pm
@Pinochet73,
CASE IN POINT: Wall-to-wall coverage of Anna Nicole Smith's saga, while all sorts of important stuff is happening all around the world, totally ignored by the U.S. media. Money and ratings. Money and ratings. That's all that matters to the media. :no: :thumbdown:
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 07:27 pm
@Pinochet73,
"totally ignored by the U.S. media"

Not so . Just not on the front page . Citzens who want news should be willing to look past the glitz and find the stories . It is bad that the junk like Anna NIcole , etc. is on the front page , rather than in the tabloids like those things used to be . Entertainment in the news should be relegated to back pages , but won't , since real news neither sells papers nor attracts advertisers .
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2007 07:56 pm
@Pinochet73,
What you're saying is that we should get our news from the printed form. I just don't have time to read the paper. I'm already reading too much on a daily basis. :frown:
0 Replies