Western Acceptance of War

Tulip cv

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 07:59 am
@Pinochet73,
Quote:
Thank god I had my tin foil turkey roaster on my head when I read this thread, now I'll need to stock up on Scotch and dog food.
red

wow, l'll have to pick up one on the weekend...I think I craft an antenna on top, you just never know when you can pick up some Quaranic chant...and l have my blender on heavy duty batteries so l can keep my Margarita's flowing...

Quote:
No Muslims in Christian lands. None. Never

yes, and thank you dr. for pointing this out, but Pin...now keep your rifle out of site and sit down...THEY ARE HERE AS WELL...

and l might point out that some Muslims are re-writing the Quran, after such a long time they are seeing a need for a new addtion...and it is not the people that are the core problem, it is the Quran that was created in a world that doesn't exist any more...Muslims that l know can have the speck of intelligence it takes to see this. After all, there are Muslims who have signed up to defend their country against the Iranians who are behind everything.

Quote:
My fellow soldiers and I are training on weekends -- marksmanship, small unit tactics, demolitions, first aid, hand-to-hand combat, sniper operations. I have an arsenal consisting of 15 guns, two of which are assault rifles. I am also preparing several basic loads, each tailored to address specific contingency plans. WON'T NEVER GET SKEERED.

okay, and l seriously won't mess with you...can l have your cell phone number in case l need first aid...and l have this ex...hmmm....
Drnaline

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 08:30 am
@Pinochet73,
I don't think he'd be interested in the ex unless he was XMus?
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 01:26 pm
@Tulip cv,
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy That was a great one liner Dr.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 05:44 pm
@Tulip cv,
I can't buy enough ammo. That's my main challenge right now. Ammo......ammo. It's hard to get in the quantities I want.:FU1:
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 06:03 pm
@Tulip cv,
if you get a cat you can gather pellets...environmentally friendly... and while this is a fascinating little journey...I have to remove this chicken roaster foil thingy off of my head...it is scaring my dog...

l just listened to the news {i.e. FATWA on our oil fields---ha!}

and you just KNOW these saudi nit-wits are sitting in a cave somewhere probably torturing some stray animal for kicks,

and laughing about trying to make themselves look big and powerful while not showing their hairy faces...

they are probably sending out messages via the internet to try to get people to take them seriously...

and while in their own country they might have a hold, they have No POWER beyond a fond wish...Quranic WISH-CRAFT, or Jinn, not to be confused with Gin, the good stuff...
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 01:38 pm
@Pinochet73,
What scares me is the left/left don't take terrorist threats seriously, and when they do they say we deserve to be attacked because we invaded Afghanistan. We didn't envade anyone it's called NATO, we are a member we were asked to go their by it's members but does this sink into the grey matter the left/left call a brain NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. They won't be satisfied until innocents are killed in the name of Allah and then they will blame the victims not the terrorists. Ya gata hate their thought process. Well I do.
0 Replies

Ann cv

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 02:22 pm
@Pinochet73,
The left/left don't take terrorist threats seriously either over here Red! They namby pamby around the corners refusing to face facts and putting everyone in danger. There has been a rush of people joining the BNP, British National Party - used to be branded racist thugs, but have tidied up their act and wear suits and grown their hair and don't look like Nazi bully boys any more!

But they are essentially anti black, anti gay, anti Islamic fundamentalism and anti immigration - and are not afraid to say so, consequently gaining more members every day. The other side of the coin is that they are a really dangerous bunch of nasties.

The alternative is the UKIP (UK Independence Party) also rapidly gaining ground in the face of ever increasing PC B.....s and this government ignoring the true Brits who need help.

A total imbalance.

Ann
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 06:38 pm
@Tulip cv,
It's disgraceful that so few Western nationalists exist today. The West, in general, has become a pansy-nation, one that has no will to survive, much less defend itself. It began with Western Man's gradual abandonment of Christianity, beginning at the end of WWII. We're a lost people, quickly dying from self-neglect. It's sickening to watch, agonizing to experience. I hate it. If this is what secularism is all about, I say bring back Christendom, in a damned hurry.:FU1:
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Thu 15 Feb, 2007 10:53 pm
@Pinochet73,
That's because nationalist and religious nuts are generally the ones who start bloody unnecessary wars....End religion and fanaticism and you will end a lot of mankind's problem end, nationalism and tribalism and whateverism and the psychology that permits it and you will end most of the rest. We are smarter than we used to be. We don't line up like lemmings every time some rich idiot wants to corner the bannana market in Brazil or some religious idiot wants to bring God to the natives and don't fight for empty reasons like politics and pride...It doesn't mean we are weak just smarter than those who do
Men sacrifice for the nations lives and legitmate interest if those nations are worthy, not for empty chest beating idiocy....All crusaders of all religions need to be regulated to the middle ages where they belong...
Religion gave us silly laws that forbid buying blenbers on Sunday and interfere with a person right to live their life as they wish
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 10:16 am
@Tulip cv,
Your silliness will get you decapitated by a dull kitchen-knife on Al-Jahzeera. Kneeling, in your orange jumpsuit, seconds before experiencing the worst nightmare of your soon-to-be-snuffed-out life, you'll pray for the 'Crusaders' to bust in and save your ungrateful buns. Be careful what you ask for. You might get it. Do you think Nick Burg would have complained if a crusader had appeared before Al Zarqawi sawed off his head, and blew the Al Qaeda murderer's head off with a blazing Squad Automatic Weapon? I doubt it. :no:
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 11:17 am
@Pinochet73,
I never inferred our soldiers and Marines are crusaders you did that and for the record I hope the people who killed Burg die slowly. You can't compare the actions of Soldiers and Marines who are called to do there duty and do it bravely under circumstances that are difficult at best and made worse by this administration with the crusader attitude expressed in some blogs. I love these guys and my concern over this idiotic war is mostly for them, although all the dead Iraqis cause some concern as well.
. Kill Al Queda and the Taliban ...I got no problem with that ..they are rat bastard crazy and muderous to boot but dont tell me Iraq is for me and my family because that is ridiculous.....My life is more danger from some wife abusing pediphile burgular with a drug habit than it is from any Al Queda operative I have seen or heard of and I will be the first one to shoot the SOB dead with my .45 if he comes into my house.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 05:20 pm
@Tulip cv,
I won't bother trying to promote the war. Just consider ONE likely consequence of U.S. defeat in Iraq: severe disruption of the West's oil commerce, which would have devastating effects on its collective economy. At least ten percent of everything you use on a daily basis consists of oil, in some way. And that's the bare minimum. Like it or not, there is simply no way the West can let the Middle East go up in flames without flushing itself down the tubes. Iraq is a HUGE supplier of Western oil. Think about it. Do you enjoy living in the 21st century? If so, remember......doing so requires CHEAP GAS, in unlimited quantities, whenever we want it. Our entire civilization is based on that one thing more than anything else. Where would YOU be in two weeks if you had to WALK to work, starting tomorrow? :FU1:
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2007 06:02 pm
@Pinochet73,
yes we all understand that oil runs the world or the world runs on oil, but Iraq was never a problem in that regard or as a terror sponsor. Sadam was a tyrant no doubt, nobody misses that psycho I get that and I certainly do not mourn for the Stalinist SOB... and yes I know we that we cannot simply walk away from the mess we made, but staying there isn't going to change anything. We have to be pragmatic I also get that, hawks spout that phrase to no end but how is this war pragmatic...
I don't see any country in that region simply refusing to sell oil and the price of petroleum has gone through the roof since this started. I know basic chemistry enough to know how much is made from petroleum products and Im from Texas oil country so I understand how oil supplies impact an economy, but this war will not solve that problem or the terror issue and won't in the future
If it works and, it might, I say if the tensions in that region because of the sectarian nature this war has taken on
This is an old school answer to a new age problem and an innefficient way of dealing with a crisis we created. I am not naive enough to believe we can simply end our dependence on oil but this war even if it works will be a short term solution at best
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 07:34 pm
@Tulip cv,
Even if we fled tomorrow, our war against radical Islam wouldn't end. In fact, it would intensify. Al Qaeda would love to lay claim to a sizeable chunk of Iraq. Consider the strategic advantages: 1) massive oil revenues; 2) direct access to the Persian Gulf; 3) common borders with Iran and Syria, avowed enemies of Israel; 4) missile-strike range of Israel. There are probably many more. From a practical, military and geo-political standpoint, there is no way out of Iraq. None. We are stuck. We might as well accept that fact and learn to live with it. There is no way out. :no:
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2007 11:07 pm
@Pinochet73,
First thank you everybody for not slamming me for the sloppy editing job on my last post.
No one with a working brain thinks we can just walk away from the Middle East and play nice and go to the beach for a weekend volleyball game with Hesbollah and then break out the frisbee and play disk golf with the Syrians....but what we are doing is not stopping Al Queda and radicals are already withing missle strike range of Israel. Believe it or not many if not most anti-Iraq war people would love to see Bin Laden and his boys heads on a pole in Rhiad, but if we are going to take life and lose lives we have to be smart about how we do it. Iraq is a money pit and drain on our military and military personnel and a diplomatic disaster. No I don't care what the French think of us but the reality is that fighting modern wars of any kind depends on alliances of many nations and that depends, at least partly on our standing in the world...which this war has deep sixed
We can accomplish all we need if not what we want with a regional presence and by taking care of Afghanistan where we were at one time welcome and could have had Al Queda on the ropes for good of we had stayed and dome it right....
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2007 06:58 pm
@Tulip cv,
We can't leave. There's no way out. Face it. Five years from now, we'll still be there.
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2007 11:02 am
@Tulip cv,
Oh I am thinking now {I have changed my position} that we SHOULD leave and just let them whine and blame each other...and let the chips fall where they fall...

I wouldn't feel this way if the people of these country's would step up and stop the complaining and blaming and take responsibility. And l mean financially, and it is not like they are poor, that is a mis-conception that they have nutured and grown in order to recieve billions in humanitarian aid, while they shelter billions in oil revenues...and we aren't even counting the cocaine smuggling income.

It is like Cuba, just cut off the pipeline of money. It is like a teenage rebel, no money for bad behaviour, otherwise known as "TOUGH LOVE".

This is a financial nightmare, and the swindlers are the ARABS. The ONLY answer l see is by cutting off any ways for them to recieve money...the cocaine, used to fuel this last year of attacks, needs to be completely destroyed. No need to kill anyone, just level all the fields, bomb them.

Then put the money not into fighting them, but in clogging all the cocaine smuggling routes.

Then turn off the billions for gas and oil. It is time to pour all that money into our own ways of energy. It is available and abundant, yet we have not tapped in due to the drain of resources that has been poured into these countries. No money, no weapons, and no future in this path.

The only alternative would be for these countries to establish legitament businesses and value the relationships of countries they want to do business with.

It always boils down to money.
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 12:51 am
@Pinochet73,
If we stayed a century it might make a difference. If we stay a decade it won't matter a bit. It was naive to think they would change centuries old habits because we showed them apple pie and Chevrolet at the point of a gun...They are not us.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 08:38 am
@Pinochet73,
Better things have flurished from a much more naive idea. Who ever would of thought Germany and Japan would be our ally's. Pretty naive indeed.
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2007 03:11 pm
@Pinochet73,
Yes the end results of World War II brought democracy to to ancient world powers, but the world is simply not the same and this war is not the same. We won the conventional war, we destroyed Sadam's elite, that is not in question, but the culture its takes to support a democracy does not and cannot exist in a political vacuum or in a tribal theocracy. We won the war. It's the occupation that is going down the drain.
Germany had a democracy before the Nazis took the country over and once their government raised the white flag the Japanese honored that surrender because it is part of their culture to do so. There was cultural base for the carnage of WW II to bring change to those countries. In Iraq there was a chance but no real cultural tools in place to take advantage of it.
0 Replies