Words and Deeds

politically-wrong

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 02:59 am
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;31870 wrote:
What you fail to realize and many enemies (internal and external) to the USA fail to understand or refuse to acknowledge is the USA is a Christian country, founded by Christians, on Christian beliefs. The tolerance came by allowing people to live who blasphemed God's Word.

Christians are Children of Israel. The Jews are the chosen people. Christians became chosen by grafting into the vine when they accepted Jesus Christ's sacrifice, asked Him to come into their lives as their Lord and Savior, and obeyed His Word. Christians are charged by God's Word to defend His Word and work with other members of the Family of God.

This means, your breath is better spent in some other endeavour than attempting to convince committed Christians to abandon their support for Israel. You might as well ask someone to abandon their mothers, earthly fathers, children, brothers and sisters. This request/coersion will work on cowards, but not on those who fear not he who can only kill the body.

Why is it that no one, i mean no one can asnwer my question?

what interests does Israel serve to the USA in the middle east?

such a straight forward question, needs only to be answered in points like this:

1-
2-
3-

and so on , instead i get a lesson in the history of christian-jewish relationships, ok its nice how you guys like each other just wonderfull , still thats not the reason why the US supports Israel, if you guys and girls dont know the reasons, why dont you just say so and i will stop asking.
Pinochet73

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 04:59 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;31967 wrote:
When politicians can't seperate their personal lives from their politics it puts others lives at risk.

We are all products of culture. Consciously or subconsciously, we act in accordance with the values it has instilled within us. Much of your thinking, for example, has been sculpted by a Judeo-Christian ethos, despite the fact you reject formal religion. :thumbup:
Pinochet73

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 05:02 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;31892 wrote:
Agreed, as long as it is for freedom for everyone, and not just those that believe the same. We are dividing our country between the "hard" left, and the neocons, and the people stuck in the middle. Everyones pointing fingers, blaming everyone but themselves. Such polarization in the name of this god or that god, does the country NO good.

Yours is a decidedly Christian country. You're not just fightng 'city hall' here -- you're up against 85% of the nation. Not good odds. :frown:
0 Replies

Volunteer

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 06:44 am
@politically-wrong,
politically-wrong;31986 wrote:
Why is it that no one, i mean no one can asnwer my question?

what interests does Israel serve to the USA in the middle east?

such a straight forward question, needs only to be answered in points like this:

1-
2-
3-

and so on , instead i get a lesson in the history of christian-jewish relationships, ok its nice how you guys like each other just wonderfull , still thats not the reason why the US supports Israel, if you guys and girls dont know the reasons, why dont you just say so and i will stop asking.

We have answered the questions. You just don't like the answers. Tough.
92b16vx

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 07:15 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;31988 wrote:
We are all products of culture. Consciously or subconsciously, we act in accordance with the values it has instilled within us. Much of your thinking, for example, has been sculpted by a Judeo-Christian ethos, despite the fact you reject formal religion. :thumbup:

Regardless of the majority religion, it's called secular. Our laws, while morality not withstanding are not made for christians, jews, muslims, but for the people of the United States...ALL of them. And like our laws, our foreign policy needs to reflect that.
Drnaline

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 09:05 am
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;31996 wrote:
We have answered the questions. You just don't like the answers. Tough.
Yeah, i answerd with a huge arms deal, over ten billion but like you say, he doesn't think this serves our interest for some reason?
0 Replies

POLITICAL JEDI

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 01:42 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;31969 wrote:
I don't really care if Saudi or Pakistan have freedom, or live under tyranical despots, I care about Americans first and foremost. If they can make a good life for themselves than that's great, but it's not worth giving up our freedoms for theirs.

What "given up" freedoms are you referring to?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 05:34 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;31997 wrote:
Regardless of the majority religion, it's called secular. Our laws, while morality not withstanding are not made for christians, jews, muslims, but for the people of the United States...ALL of them. And like our laws, our foreign policy needs to reflect that.

It's the religion that molded the majority culture. Therefore, much of everything that culture is, does and wants, is Judeo-Christian, by nature. Ours is not a secular culture. You should know that, Texan. :thumbup:
92b16vx

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 06:29 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;32091 wrote:
It's the religion that molded the majority culture. Therefore, much of everything that culture is, does and wants, is Judeo-Christian, by nature. Ours is not a secular culture. You should know that, Texan. :thumbup:

Don't think so. American culture is a mix and match of cultures from everywhere, unless you think chiristian morals fostered baseball, and apple pie.
POLITICAL JEDI

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 06:48 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;32104 wrote:
Don't think so. American culture is a mix and match of cultures from everywhere, unless you think chiristian morals fostered baseball, and apple pie.

And what am I, chopped liver?
92b16vx

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 06:52 pm
@POLITICAL JEDI,
POLITICAL JEDI;32106 wrote:
And what am I, chopped liver?

Maybe, but I am more inclined to think you are a bag of carbon and water that thinks.
POLITICAL JEDI

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 07:02 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;32107 wrote:
Maybe, but I am more inclined to think you are a bag of carbon and water that thinks.

So it like that? No answer? Ok. It's cool.
Pinochet73

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 07:26 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;32104 wrote:

That's just flat wrong, from a historical perspective. Did you pass the Social Studies TAKS? :wtf:
92b16vx

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 07:29 pm
@POLITICAL JEDI,
POLITICAL JEDI;32108 wrote:
So it like that? No answer? Ok. It's cool.

If you were asking me what cultural background you are form, than that's just asinine, we aren't at a party, I am not looking at you to have an idea, to me you are pixels on my monitor.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 07:29 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;32111 wrote:
That's just flat wrong, from a historical perspective. Did you pass the Social Studies TAKS? :wtf:

Sure did, did you?
0 Replies

POLITICAL JEDI

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 08:05 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;31969 wrote:
I don't really care if Saudi or Pakistan have freedom, or live under tyranical despots, I care about Americans first and foremost. If they can make a good life for themselves than that's great, but it's not worth giving up our freedoms for theirs.

Ok for the third time. . .What "given up" freedoms are you referring to?
92b16vx

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 08:23 pm
@POLITICAL JEDI,
POLITICAL JEDI;32117 wrote:
Ok for the third time. . .What "given up" freedoms are you referring to?

Which freedoms am I refering to? Firearm confiscation in N.O.? How about warrantless search and seizure? Wiretapping? being imprisoned without being charged? Being able to move large sums of money without the government asking me why. Plenty of concessions have been made recently in the name of "security" I guess you are one of those "if you have nothing to hide, than who cares" types. I find people that don't comprehend the incremental stripping of freedom for what it is, not worth the freedom others have died to give them.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

You probably think the SPP is nothing, and NAFTA is someones imagination. Nothing to see here folks move along, give your national ID card to the officer at the gate. It seems to make sense to some people we should continue to elect globalist that are so much as making the ground work for the North American Union a reality. You don't really think Bush wanted to lax the borders and granted illegals amnesty because he likes having cheap labor?
POLITICAL JEDI

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 08:54 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;32118 wrote:
Which freedoms am I refering to? Firearm confiscation in N.O.? How about warrantless search and seizure? Wiretapping? being imprisoned without being charged? Being able to move large sums of money without the government asking me why. Plenty of concessions have been made recently in the name of "security" I guess you are one of those "if you have nothing to hide, than who cares" types. I find people that don't comprehend the incremental stripping of freedom for what it is, not worth the freedom others have died to give them.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

You probably think the SPP is nothing, and NAFTA is someones imagination. Nothing to see here folks move along, give your national ID card to the officer at the gate.

I am not one of those "if you have nothing to hide". . .Although consider this:

Navy seals take down an Al qaida cell in some god forsaken mudhut on the border between Afghanistan and Pakistan. In their search, they find cell phones with New York and Washington area code phone numbers programed into them. Also, they find a laptop cpu that has email addresses that trace back to the United States. . .Is it your position that the powers that be, should first have to go get warrants before they evesdrop on the terrorist cells here in the U.S.?

Before answering, also consider this: Have you lost habeas corpus from an Abraham Lincoln? Or had your newspapers censored on the orders from a Woodrow Wilson? Have you been rounded up and thrown into make-shift camps by an F.D.R.?

These are just some of many examples of what "great" wartime presidents have done to keep Americans and the Republic safe from her enemies. . .So with that said, perhaps you could cut this wartime president some slack seeing as, thus far, he has kept us safe from the attacks Al qaida and other radical muslim extremist groups keep claiming are coming
92b16vx

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 09:38 pm
@POLITICAL JEDI,
POLITICAL JEDI;32120 wrote:
These are just some of many examples of what "great" wartime presidents have done to keep Americans and the Republic safe from her enemies. . .So with that said, perhaps you could cut this wartime president some slack seeing as, thus far, he has kept us safe from the attacks Al qaida and other radical muslim extremist groups keep claiming are coming

Bush has hardly "kept us safe". He hasn't even made any attempt WHATSOEVER to regulate the flow of illegal immigrants over our borders north and south. There was no procedures set in place to aid the barely 2% of traffic in our ports that gets searched, and I like their excuse, it's "too expensive". Of course dumping billions and billions a month into Iraq isn't somehow. This is even knowing how much absolute waste is going on over there. I saw a few very small examples of it while there, and have some even grander examples in my sig.

Sorry, I just don't buy the whole "Bush has kept us safe" BS. There weren't any attacks between 1993 and 2001, so I guess, after the first WTC attacks, Clinton kept us pretty safe huh? Personally, I think he failed big time since he was handed Osama on a silver platter, but didn't take it. Of course Carter must have REALLY kept us safe because hell, there weren't ANY terrorist attacks on US soil when he was president.

I have said it before, you probably weren't here then, so I'll reiterate. If this administration had made consistant progress across the board, as in actually physically securing America, or at least even ATTEMPTING to, and hadn't run the beginning of the war under such a load of changing BS, I would support it more. I don't like the neocon agenda, I don't like the globalist agenda, or the interventionalist agenda, but I hate the beating around the bush, no pun intended.

As far as having my newspapers censored, that's debatable. You get the same story with a different bias depending on the source, very little news today seems to me to be objective. Living in Germany during the beginning of the war, I got to see a lot of that, watching AFN and then watching the German news, it is night and day. Kind of like Faux news clinging to Giuliani, and not reporting anything, as much as completely removing Ron Pauls name from polls, where he beats Giuliani, it's disgusting.
POLITICAL JEDI

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 01:31 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;32121 wrote:
Bush has hardly "kept us safe". He hasn't even made any attempt WHATSOEVER to regulate the flow of illegal immigrants over our borders north and south. There was no procedures set in place to aid the barely 2% of traffic in our ports that gets searched, and I like their excuse, it's "too expensive". Of course dumping billions and billions a month into Iraq isn't somehow. This is even knowing how much absolute waste is going on over there. I saw a few very small examples of it while there, and have some even grander examples in my sig.

With all due respect, it's not the overwhelmingly Christian Mexicans that are on a jihad to destroy America. Yes, we should secure our borders much better then we are now. Yes, letting 20 million un-educated, un-assimilated Mexicans into the United States constitutes a problem. Yes, to these criticisms and more. But what is lost sight of in your rebuttal is the central moral issue of our time: a humane democracy mired in an asymmetrical war against islamic terrorists on some 7th century timewarp jihad, not the material and educational indigent Mexicans searching and striving for the "American Dream."

Finally, I don't know about the rest of you, but I for one would rather spend billions upon billions killing radical islamist in Iraq and Afghanistan then spend it foolishly by searching cargo trailors containing clothes from China, cars from Japan, plazma TV's from Singapore, wine and cheese from France, ect, ect. :dunno:

92b16vx;32121 wrote:
Sorry, I just don't buy the whole "Bush has kept us safe" BS. There weren't any attacks between 1993 and 2001, so I guess, after the first WTC attacks, Clinton kept us pretty safe huh? Personally, I think he failed big time since he was handed Osama on a silver platter, but didn't take it. Of course Carter must have REALLY kept us safe because hell, there weren't ANY terrorist attacks on US soil when he was president.

Clinton kept us safe??? First, lets get something straight right off the get go. . .Our embassies around the world are on U.S. sovereign soil. Whether they are in Moscow, Russia or Islamabad, Pakistan -- thats still sovereign U.S. soil as if it were in Witchatah, Kansas. Our embassies in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and Nairobi, Kenya were bombed under Clintons watch. Over 200 killed and over 4,000 injured. NO RESPONSE! A U.S. Warship (USS Cole) was attacked and had a hole the size of a tractor trailor put in it's hull. 17 U.S. sailors dead, 39 injured. NO RESPONSE! Clinton let our elite, our special forces/army rangers get swisscheesed up in Mogadishu by radical islamic types -- NO RESPONSE! All he had to do was order air support for them, but because that might have interfered with his Oslo folly, or because they weren't muslims in Bosnia or Kosovo, he didn't, and our military hero's were dragged through the streets of that rathole for it!

Time and time again, we were attacked under Clintons watch and time and time again he did absolutely nothing except knowingly launch useless million dollar cruise missiles at empty ten dollar mud huts then launched a team of lawyers with supeonas in hand at Al qaida whilst him and his cabinet stood around congratulating themselves on "the message" they had sent. . .Why even our former/present nemisis ( depending on what day it is ) knew what time it was:

"I talked with the previous U.S. administration", said Vladimir Putin shortly after September 11, "and pointed out the bin Laden issue to them. They wrung their hands so helplessly and said, the Taliban are not turning him over, what can one do? I remember I was surprised: If they are not turning him over, one has to think and do something."

As far as I'm concerned Clinton didn't keep us safe. He didn't do squat! The cowboy from Texas picked up America's sword and shield and kept us safe.

92b16vx;32121 wrote:
I have said it before, you probably weren't here then, so I'll reiterate. If this administration had made consistant progress across the board, as in actually physically securing America, or at least even ATTEMPTING to, and hadn't run the beginning of the war under such a load of changing BS, I would support it more. I don't like the neocon agenda, I don't like the globalist agenda, or the interventionalist agenda, but I hate the beating around the bush, no pun intended.

If you do nothing else, please tell me what you mean by: "hadn't run the beginning of the war under such a load of changing BS"

92b16vx;32121 wrote:
As far as having my newspapers censored, that's debatable. You get the same story with a different bias depending on the source, very little news today seems to me to be objective. Living in Germany during the beginning of the war, I got to see a lot of that, watching AFN and then watching the German news, it is night and day. Kind of like Faux news clinging to Giuliani, and not reporting anything, as much as completely removing Ron Pauls name from polls, where he beats Giuliani, it's disgusting.

Your wrong. What Fox news decides to broadcast to it's viewers, or doesn't, has nothing at all to do with our Commander in Chief. Bush, nor anyone in his administration, has censored our media in any way, shape or form. The same cannot be said about Woodrow Wilson.