Words and Deeds

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 04:05 pm
@POLITICAL JEDI,
Let's refer to History, our second greatest teacher. Its lessons are so profound, we only have to review of handful of facts to see a pattern:

AD 610 -- Mohammad proclaims his new religion.

AD 622 -- He's driven out of Mecca, and leads his army to Medina.

AD 630 -- Mohammad and his army conquer Mecca, and march against the rest of Arabia.

AD 711 -- Islamic armies attack SPAIN, after seizing all of Catholic north Africa.

AD 732 -- Muslim invaders attempt to conquer FRANCE, but are defeated at the Battle of Tours, by Frankish, Catholic King, Charles Martel.

AD 1492 -- Catholic, Spanish armies finally drive the Muslim invaders out of Spain, and back into north Africa.

No......we didn't make the Muslims hate us. They have always desired to destroy us, in the name of their religion, god and founder. Moreover, this sketch only addresses Western Europe under Muslim attack. In the east, Christian Civilization lost the Holy Land, what is today Turkey, and was occupied until after WWI by Islamic Turks in the Balkans.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 04:10 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;30954 wrote:
Again trying to compare Iraq to Vietnam...sigh.

well let's see

Nam: Political Pressure and a coup drew us in

Iraq: Check

Nam: Troop level insufficient to secure a country against a grass roots military opposition

Nam: Nation fails miserably at it's gut check and wants out of the war even if we're winning militarily

Nam: Lackluster performance by allied native governments within combat theatre

Nam: Radical liberals make ludacrius claims against the US military

Nam: Leaving before job was done would (did) result in massive genocide in the wake of a power vacuum

yeah your right, they're nothing alike
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 04:13 pm
@POLITICAL JEDI,
CONTINUED:

'Nam: America quit and let the enemy slaughter a million citizens who had helped it during the war.

Iraq: No-go. Won't happen again.
westernmom

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 04:24 pm
@92b16vx,
Completely false. Until the 50's we had pretty decent relatios with middle eastern countries, and even until recently it was relatively safe visiting many of them. Our government has shifted in the last few decades to offering protection from created fear instead of the American dream.[/QUOTE]

Let's see, most of the terrorists that hate us are in their 20's. They have no clue of any history before the 50's. Most have no clue of any real "history" because of the propaganda that is perpetrated over there.

You can't tell me that they aren't taught to hate us when you see what the have for Micky Mouse over there!
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 04:26 pm
@POLITICAL JEDI,
actually he was beaten to death by a Jew so he was replaced by a bumble bee
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 04:45 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;30968 wrote:
CONTINUED:

'Nam: America quit and let the enemy slaughter a million citizens who had helped it during the war.

Iraq: No-go. Won't happen again.

the US because of what happened in vietnam,then backed POL POT,who was responsible for the genocide of 2 million people in cambodia !
92b16vx

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 04:51 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;30994 wrote:
the US because of what happened in vietnam,then backed POL POT,who was responsible for the genocide of 2 million people in cambodia !

Shhhh, don't spoil the moment.

westernmom wrote:
Let's see, most of the terrorists that hate us are in their 20's. They have no clue of any history before the 50's. Most have no clue of any real "history" because of the propaganda that is perpetrated over there.

You can't tell me that they aren't taught to hate us when you see what the have for Micky Mouse over there!

I'm not. I telling you that hating America is not all they have ever known. Kind of interesting that most of the people that hate us are in teh age bracket that follows our shift in policy, hmmmmm.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 04:55 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;30965 wrote:
well let's see

Nam: Political Pressure and a coup drew us in

There was no coup in Iraq, we invaded the country, that is not a coup.

Quote:
Nam: Troop level insufficient to secure a country against a grass roots military opposition

We had the troops, the war was mismanaged till it imploded. We are only now getting our ground back, and gaining some with the people that live there, a conveint group people here seem to forget unless it suits them to bring them up to suit their agenda.

Quote:
Nam: Nation fails miserably at it's gut check and wants out of the war even if we're winning militarily

Fails, or realizes it is BS, I know your answer already.

Quote:
Nam: Lackluster performance by allied native governments within combat theatre

Lackluster? Britian was "lackluster" in their performance?

Quote:
Nam: Radical liberals make ludacrius claims against the US military

This is new? Or only happens in war?
Silverchild79

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 05:40 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;30997 wrote:
There was no coup in Iraq, we invaded the country, that is not a coup.

We had the troops, the war was mismanaged till it imploded. We are only now getting our ground back, and gaining some with the people that live there, a conveint group people here seem to forget unless it suits them to bring them up to suit their agenda.

Fails, or realizes it is BS, I know your answer already.

Lackluster? Britian was "lackluster" in their performance?

This is new? Or only happens in war?

Quote:
rationalization - (psychiatry) a defense mechanism by which your true motivation is concealed by explaining your actions and feelings in a way that is not threatening

and that's all I have to say about that
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 05:43 pm
@POLITICAL JEDI,
Islam is definitively intolerant. It's perhaps the single most intolerant religion and culture on the planet. From the moment Islamic boys can understand the spoken word, they're instructed to consider the outside world evil and deserving of forced submission to Islam.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 07:09 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;31000 wrote:
and that's all I have to say about that
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 07:11 pm
@POLITICAL JEDI,
LOL!! glad your finally having fun.
92b16vx

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 08:51 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;31019 wrote:
LOL!! glad your finally having fun.

Yea, I exercised my favorite constitutional right yesterday...

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/244/mykrink006resizedvr6.jpg
0 Replies

POLITICAL JEDI

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 12:02 am
@92b16vx,
POLITICAL JEDI;30939 wrote:
So in other words, lets cruxify George Bush and his neoconservative foreign policy which tried to bring freedom and democracy to 50 million Arabs - lets cruxify him for the misdeeds of former presidents and policy? Is that your logic? Lets give the Arabs a 50 year blank check to do whatever with because we tried to install the Shaw 50 years ago - who would keep the oil pumping whilst keeping out communism. . .Good grief dude!

Finally, In regards to the term neocon. . .what does "neocon" mean, other than "new conservative," or in the realm of todays American foreign policy, offering something a little bit more sincere than playing one thug off another?

92b16vx;30942 wrote:
Yea, it's all a'ok now because we are only going to worry about what we did in the last couple decades. I seem to remember a phrase, something about not remembering history, and being doomed to repeat it, or something. Nearsighted is an understatement.

Thats it? Thats your rebuttal? Thats lame dude! No matter, anyone who reads this thread can plainly see you got your ass handed to ya.
92b16vx

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 06:25 am
@POLITICAL JEDI,
POLITICAL JEDI;31031 wrote:
Thats it? Thats your rebuttal? Thats lame dude! No matter, anyone who reads this thread can plainly see you got your ass handed to ya.

Too bad your narrow world view doesn't give you ass handing rights or that might have been true. Anyone that knows anything about the politics in the middle east is going to take it all into account, not the selective nicities. If you sincerly think that the leaders I mentioned before, and our role in their governing has nothing to do with anti-American semtinent than it is you who are destined to get our ass "handed" to you. Especially consideing, you haven't discussed all the great thing we have done for the middle east to make them love us, maybe you should expand on that one.
politically-wrong

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 07:59 am
@POLITICAL JEDI,
Quote:
lets cruxify George Bush and his neoconservative foreign policy which tried to bring freedom and democracy to 50 million Arabs

if u r talking about Iraq, man just tune in aljazeera tv let them show u what kind of freedom iraqis are enjoying right now, hell man when i hear on the news that 10 people were killed during this day in Iraq my eye braw's are raised and iam thinking (thank God , so ferw today) , thats some freedom u brought, and if u really believe ur country wanted to bring democracy in Iraq then u know nothing about ur country , let me tel u man GOP stands for
get out of politics.
POLITICAL JEDI

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 08:22 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;31051 wrote:
Especially consideing, you haven't discussed all the great thing we have done for the middle east to make them love us, maybe you should expand on that one.

I've already answer this question, weren't you payin attention? We removed a raping and pilliging Saddam from Quwait. Protected Saudi Arabia from invasion. Flew 350,000 sorties over a period of 12 years to protect the Shia and Kurds from more of Saddams WMD attacks. Removed the murderous Taliban regime in Afghanistan, and finally removed Saddam and his phycho sons from power. . .This says nothing of the muslims we saved in the Balkans, and the muslims we tried to save in Africa. . .This also says nothing of the 160,000 U.S army and marine personal who get up every morning to protect civilians from radical nihilist!

But I notice you dodged mine: Taking into consideration our actions in the past quarter century, why should the muslim arabs in the Middle East hate us?
POLITICAL JEDI

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 08:46 am
@politically-wrong,
politically-wrong;31058 wrote:
if u r talking about Iraq, man just tune in aljazeera tv let them show u what kind of freedom iraqis are enjoying right now, hell man when i hear on the news that 10 people were killed during this day in Iraq my eye braw's are raised and iam thinking (thank God , so ferw today) , thats some freedom u brought, and if u really believe ur country wanted to bring democracy in Iraq then u know nothing about ur country , let me tel u man GOP stands for get out of politics.

Cute. So it's George Bush's fault the Iraqi's can't resolve their differences with dialog and debate rather then with bombs and murder?

It's the GOP's fault that radical islamist use jihad married with nihilism to further their political aims?

You come off as just another "moderate" looking to pass the blame for the obvious widespread of political oppression, religious intolerance, and social ruin in the Arab-Islamic world!

I do watch Al jazeera! And with all due respect, all I see are regimes with no legitimacy sponsoring radical clerics and imams who do nothing but whip up the "arab street" to deflect their own self induced miseries on the "infidel" U.S. and the "apes and pigs" that are spawned in Israel!
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 09:18 am
@POLITICAL JEDI,
POLITICAL JEDI;30939 wrote:
So in other words, lets cruxify George Bush and his neoconservative foreign policy which tried to bring freedom and democracy to 50 million Arabs - lets cruxify him for the misdeeds of former presidents and policy? Is that your logic? Lets give the Arabs a 50 year blank check to do whatever with because we tried to install the Shaw 50 years ago - who would keep the oil pumping whilst keeping out communism. . .Good grief dude!

Finally, In regards to the term neocon. . .what does "neocon" mean, other than "new conservative," or in the realm of todays American foreign policy, offering something a little bit more sincere than playing one thug off another?

"lets crucify George Bush and his neoconservative foreign policy which tried to bring freedom and democracy to 50 million Arabs" is this what you really think ! are the US going to bring democracy to the people of SAUDI ARABIA ? i dont think so some how,i wonder why ?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 09:21 am
@POLITICAL JEDI,
POLITICAL JEDI;31059 wrote:
I've already answer this question, weren't you payin attention? We removed a raping and pilliging Saddam from Quwait. Protected Saudi Arabia from invasion. Flew 350,000 sorties over a period of 12 years to protect the Shia and Kurds from more of Saddams WMD attacks. Removed the murderous Taliban regime in Afghanistan, and finally removed the Saddam and his phycho sons from power. . .This says nothing of the muslims we saved in the Balkans, and the muslims we tried to save in Africa. . .This also says nothing of the 160,000 U.S army and marine personal who get up every morning to protect civilians from radical nihilist!

But I notice you dodged mine: Taking into consideration our actions in the past quarter century, why should the muslim arabs in the Middle East hate us?

what about democracy for the people of kuwait and sausid arabia ? dont tell me the US government all of a sudden gives a chit,about genocide in iraq,they backed SADDAM in the 80s when he was doing exactly that !
0 Replies