7-Eleven to Chavez... Go Screw Yourself

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 11:28 am
Quote:
Convenience store operator 7-Eleven Inc. is dropping Venezuela-backed Citgo as its gasoline supplier at more than 2,100 locations and switching to its own brand of fuel.

The retailer said Wednesday it will purchase fuel from several distributors, including Tower Energy Group of Torrance, Calif., Sinclair Oil of Salt Lake City, and Houston-based Frontier Oil Corp.

A spokeswoman for Dallas-based 7-Eleven said its 20-year contract with Citgo Petroleum Corp. ends next week. About 2,100 of 7-Eleven's 5,300 U.S. stores sell gasoline.

Citgo is a Houston-based subsidiary of Venezuela's state-owned oil company, and the foreign parent became a public-relations issue for 7-Eleven because of comments by Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.

Chavez has called President George W. Bush the devil and an alcoholic. The U.S. government has warned that Chavez is a destabilizing force in Latin America.

7-Eleven spokesman Margaret Chabris said that, "Regardless of politics, we sympathize with many Americans' concern over derogatory comments about our country and its leadership recently made by Venezuela's president Hugo Chavez."

FOXNews.com - 7-Eleven to End Relationship with Venezuela-Backed Citgo - Business And Money | Business News | Financial News

:patriot:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,411 • Replies: 128
No top replies

GoodBoy

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2006 12:28 pm
@Brent cv,
The 7/11's around here stopped taking Citgo credit cars about two months ago, long before Chavez puked his guts out. I still applaud them for doing it.

I love 7/11. If it wernt for them id be eating healthy.
Drnaline

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 08:35 pm
@Brent cv,
I will make 7/11 a more regular stop from now on.
Drnaline

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 08:31 pm
@Brent cv,
adn.com | politics : 4 villages shun gift of free oil
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2007 11:33 am
@Brent cv,
chavez will be devastated lol
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2007 07:15 pm
@GoodBoy,
GoodBoy;4998 wrote:
The 7/11's around here stopped taking Citgo credit cars about two months ago, long before Chavez puked his guts out. I still applaud them for doing it.

I love 7/11. If it wernt for them id be eating healthy.

We should assassinate Chavez, the way we used to waste leaders we didn't like in the Third World, back in the day. I miss those good old days.:bs2:
92b16vx

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2007 08:28 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;28682 wrote:
We should assassinate Chavez, the way we used to waste leaders we didn't like in the Third World, back in the day. I miss those good old days.:bs2:

You know how much happier I would be if we just conquered the middle east and declared it a new state? Seriously, while I think the imperialist attitude we have taken on in the last few decades is completely wrong, and our foreign policy is a complete joke, I am a selfish person, and hate lies. I have much more respect for an honest asshole than a scandalous weasel. On that note, there's some great beach front property in South America, so screw all the political hob-knobbing, and get on with really looking out for our interest, and take it.
aaronssongs

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2007 11:33 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;28683 wrote:
You know how much happier I would be if we just conquered the middle east and declared it a new state? Seriously, while I think the imperialist attitude we have taken on in the last few decades is completely wrong, and our foreign policy is a complete joke, I am a selfish person, and hate lies. I have much more respect for an honest asshole than a scandalous weasel. On that note, there's some great beach front property in South America, so screw all the political hob-knobbing, and get on with really looking out for our interest, and take it.

I, personally don't know what's "scarier"...right wing radicals, wanting to assassinate anyone they don't like ( from the likes of Archduke Ferdinand to JFK, come to mind), or the jihadists, who are entitled to get rid of the imperialistic designs on their resources, land or politics...or the religious fanatics, who want to embark on a new "crusade", and kill folks in the name of Jesus (ain't nobody asked Jesus what he would think about all this killing in his name...and since nobody asked, nobody has approval, and ought to "chill")...truth is, one is not better than another. I say let's get rid of the troublemakers...if they would only come out into the light, instead of hiding behind keystrokes.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 08:15 am
@Brent cv,
Quote:
I say let's get rid of the troublemakers...
Who's gonna do it, You?
Quote:
if they would only come out into the light, instead of hiding behind keystrokes.
Stroke away!
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 09:56 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;28682 wrote:

and you have the cheek to attack communists and islamists,anyone you dont like or has a different point of view,just shoot or bomb the bastards !
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 10:31 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;28683 wrote:
You know how much happier I would be if we just conquered the middle east and declared it a new state? Seriously, while I think the imperialist attitude we have taken on in the last few decades is completely wrong, and our foreign policy is a complete joke, I am a selfish person, and hate lies. I have much more respect for an honest *** than a scandalous weasel. On that note, there's some great beach front property in South America, so screw all the political hob-knobbing, and get on with really looking out for our interest, and take it.

Why jump through so many hoops when all we need to do is assassinate one guy? Let's just kill Chavez and get it over with. Sure....he has a massive head with fake, jet-black, dyed hair, but it'll still fit in the sight-picture of a .308. Shoot him....now. Hell, I volunteer to do it. I'll need lots of logistical support and some good old fashioned per diem. Other than that, I'm set. :giterdone: :devilheadbang: :devilheadbang: :devilheadbang: :giterdone:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 10:33 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;28737 wrote:
and you have the cheek to attack communists and islamists,anyone you dont like or has a different point of view,just shoot or bomb the bastards !

At last we're connecting. C'mere.......I need a high-five and coach-hug.:beerchug:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 10:35 am
@aaronssongs,
aaronssongs;28688 wrote:
I, personally don't know what's "scarier"...right wing radicals, wanting to assassinate anyone they don't like ( from the likes of Archduke Ferdinand to JFK, come to mind), or the jihadists, who are entitled to get rid of the imperialistic designs on their resources, land or politics...or the religious fanatics, who want to embark on a new "crusade", and kill folks in the name of Jesus (ain't nobody asked Jesus what he would think about all this killing in his name...and since nobody asked, nobody has approval, and ought to "chill")...truth is, one is not better than another. I say let's get rid of the troublemakers...if they would only come out into the light, instead of hiding behind keystrokes.

HA, HA, HA.......HA......HA......cough.....cough......gasp. Oswald was a COMMUNIST!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 10:37 am
@Brent cv,
Aaron,

Please don't tell the FBI I'd like to assassinate Hugo Chavez. That's hate-speech, right?
aaronssongs

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 10:59 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;28737 wrote:

They can't (or refuse to ) see, that they're "exactly" like the ones they want to attack...it's just too crazy. They're no better than the terrorists. And the site is disguised as a "political forum"...it's a platform for propaganda, and that's all...I have yet to see any intelligent discussion on the issues...just monologues, of people singing their own praises...trying to feel better about their sad existences or their lack of accomplishments...it's becoming clearer.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 11:01 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;5018 wrote:
I will make 7/11 a more regular stop from now on.

I quit going there about 10 years ago - to many nappy-headed-post-hos'....(J/K Dr)

Seriously, Chavez couldn't care less. They will continue to take in billions with or without us.

Did you ever hear the riddle about him?

Q: Know how to get Hugo Chavez out of a tree?

A: Shoot him.
aaronssongs

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 11:24 am
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;28758 wrote:
I quit going there about 10 years ago - to many nappy-headed-post-hos'....(J/K Dr)

Seriously, Chavez couldn't care less. They will continue to take in billions with or without us.

Did you ever hear the riddle about him?

Q: Know how to get Hugo Chavez out of a tree?

A: Shoot him.

Personally, I love the notion that Chavez is shooting the US (government) "the finger"....he is not to be intimidated by any saber rattling on Bush and Cheney's part. He is not afraid of the US....and, personally, I'm more in line with his assessment of Bush and Co., than I am with said company's belief, that unless you willingly give the US priority status, a free hand, and essentially capitulate to US imperial will, that the US will take what it wants (as seen in Iraq, and Afghanistan) and meddle in the political affairs of foreign nations (take your pick) to promote its' own selfish ends (disguised as "the interests of the American people...lies and propaganda)...I suppose the no-bid contract won by Haliburton, generating billions of dollars, and no doubt, increased revenues for some sitting VP (we won't name no names), is, somehow, benefiting the American populace? You might have fallen off the turnip truck, but I didn't.
I'm not completely up on Chavez...but one thing I do know, is that he has the support of his people...so , he must be doing something right by them...I wish we could say the same.

And the notion of "assassinating Chavez"...??? You think too highly of the bumbling CIA and clandestine operation wings of the US government...hell, they can't even get rid of bin Laden, and you think they could (or more to the point, prudently "would") try to off Chavez, and create a firestorm in our South, while we're stretched to the limit in the Middle East, and with China and North Korea, "clowning" in the Far West (or Far East, depending on your perspective), Mexico and the porous Canadian border aside, some of y'all have to be doing some industrial strength drugs...cuz y'all, obviously are in a drug-induced stupor.

And before you call me "unpatriotic", "a traitor", or a "commie", let's just get one thing clear....this is the US of A....if the people are against the US meddling in other folks affairs, and object to clear violation of sovereign and human rights, they ought to say so, according to the 1st Amendment.
I pay taxes...and I vote...I should have a say, as a citizen, how those taxes are spent...and when I vote a particular person into office, I expect him or her to "represent" me and my concerns, and the collective POV (as I am only one, and know this)...I, along with millions of others object to the war, our meddling, the lies and deceit, the disregard for human lives, rights and the "rule of law". I object.
And I have a right to object. As you have the right to object...or endorse, as the case may be.
That's the beauty of America....you can endorse "a fool"....or you can tell that fool to go away.
0 Replies

socalgolfguy

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 11:41 am
@Brent cv,
Quote:
Personally, I love the notion that Chavez is shooting the US (government) "the finger".

Why am I not surprised...?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 12:07 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;28754 wrote:
Aaron,

Please don't tell the FBI I'd like to assassinate Hugo Chavez. That's hate-speech, right?

the CIA would pay you pino,they have a been doing it for decades.
aaronssongs

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2007 12:09 pm
@socalgolfguy,
socalgolfguy;28765 wrote:
Why am I not surprised...?

You're not surprised because you know Chavez is a person of color, as I am...and yet, in 200 and almost 8, "race" matters. You think that it wouldn't...but, sadly, it does....and most people, like yourself, feel it their "bounden duty" to remind people, like myself, just where we stand in this society...second class citizens, "marginalized", "disenfranchised", "stereotyped",
"criminalized", "sexualized", and "unequal".
You need to check yourselves...because you're the ones, 'trapped" by your own issues...You talk a good game, but rarely is your money where your mouth is.
0 Replies