Feedback Thread: Discussion (>'.')> <('.'<)

electronicmail

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 10:18 am
@Cycloptichorn,
The point is that if you just tag Tea Party threads "Tea Party" you should still find them clustered in a single set (forum) so the addition of graffiti like "idiot" or "intelligent" isn't necessary.
electronicmail

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 10:20 am
@DrewDad,
Quote:
"My Posts" doesn't show my latest posts; it shows a list of threads in which I have participated.

Well I don't know why anyone would want to follow someone else around but it's possible. Use the Edit function to "find" someone's name on your browser if My Posts doesn't work.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 10:27 am
@DrewDad,
"My posts" does show your latest posts. If you have made any.

it is a chronological list of all of your posts and the places you have posted.

I am currently moving between new and my to account for the new changes.

seconding the wish that the filter button would stay in the off position...
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 10:29 am
@Rockhead,

the only chronological list of your posts is in your profile... "My Recent Posts"
Rockhead

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 10:34 am
@Region Philbis,
yup, forgot that one.

as fast as I post at night, my posts is easier than going to my profile...

and I have posted in enough threads that my posts resembles the old format for me when there is not a lot of new threads happening.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 11:28 am
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:

The point is that if you just tag Tea Party threads "Tea Party" you should still find them clustered in a single set (forum) so the addition of graffiti like "idiot" or "intelligent" isn't necessary.

Sure it is! It's more accurate. I always try and use accurate terminology when tagging things.

Cycloptichorn
electronicmail

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 11:43 am
@Cycloptichorn,
But that's the accuracy of a compulsive librarian. Not a scientific approach at all, since the underlying set doesn't change whether you add the graffiti or not. Not an elegant solution.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 11:57 am
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:

But that's the accuracy of a compulsive librarian. Not a scientific approach at all, since the underlying set doesn't change whether you add the graffiti or not. Not an elegant solution.

I accept your criticism but am unswayed by it. By using a more descriptive tag, I can find information on both 'tea partiers' and 'idiot' in separate searches - both of which I do.

Cycloptichorn
electronicmail

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 12:22 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
OK, I give up on that argument. I appreciate your info, it's been useful input for a time optimization thread I just started where I hope you'll post http://able2know.org/topic/153802-1 Very Happy
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 02:57 pm
@electronicmail,
People with a sense of humor graffiti-tag.
signed,
Posse ;}
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 03:01 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I didn't realize this was a problem for you. I'll quit.
Reyn

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 03:08 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
seconding the wish that the filter button would stay in the off position...

Yes, I third that.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 03:20 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

I didn't realize this was a problem for you. I'll quit.

I'm not convinced it's an actual problem as much as a perceived one. Has anyone complained?
electronicmail

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 05:15 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I did. Couple of pages back, about someone's "stupidity" graffiti tag http://able2know.org/topic/153668-3#post-4190725 That tag vanished soon after my complaint was posted.
roger

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 05:18 pm
@electronicmail,
I've been busy deleting forums like "stupidity". It does mean the author should be putting up a tag - hopefully something meaningful.
electronicmail

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 05:29 pm
@roger,
I got quite a few graffiti tags myself but I can't find a way to delete them. Is there an edit function for my own tags? I don't want to create graffiti forums and mess up A2K's semantic presence on the web.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:EP8ZUQxtupq-WM:http://completeresources.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/lightbulb.jpg Idea! If it takes 2 posters 5 identical tag entries to replace 1 graffiti tag, we can coordinate our efforts, right? Doesn't matter if it was our tag or someone else's.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 06:15 pm
@electronicmail,
Open the thread which you have graffiti tagged, click the red "x" next to the tag.
electronicmail

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 06:20 pm
@DrewDad,
Thanks but none of my graffiti tags are visible even after another poster copied some of mine. I could always do that in case they start to show up I guess. Here's an example of what I mean http://able2know.org/topic/153630-2#post-4191431
roger

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 06:27 pm
@electronicmail,
Also, on the list of topics, and I mean on the "New Posts" page, you can see the thread titles and the first five tags. Now remember, a tag is a forum. So click on a tag that strikes you ad graphitti-like. Top left of the page are two choices. "Add forum" and "Delete Forum". Click delete.

I found a "Thread" forum. Sure enough, it had some threads in it. And sure enough, I deleted that forum. You might be a little careful about what you delete, though. You might miss out on some good stuff if you get carried away. By the way, when you delete the forum, you're only deleting it for yourself. For everyone else, it's still there.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 06:30 pm
With this new "NEW" feature, I'm finding it really annoying that with a thread that I've just posted to ends up being on page 4, using "New Posts".

I would really like to see a new post, that I've made, be back on the 1st page, where it belongs.