Feedback Thread: Discussion (>'.')> <('.'<)

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 10:25 am
My priority list of the choices offered is:

Search Engine
User-defined colors
Improve Private Messages
Prevent "graffiti" tags

Photo Albums
Implement a Chat Room Feature
Bad Word Censor
Local Avatars
Mame

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 10:26 am
@Butrflynet,
What's wrong with the PMs?
Butrflynet

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 10:30 am
@Mame,
The composition screen doesn't have any of the available formatting buttons in the BBCode editor and we can't delete them.
failures art

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 10:32 am
I think it's pretty cool that A2K is taking specific guidance form users to shape future developments.

A
R
T
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 10:34 am
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

The composition screen doesn't have any of the available formatting buttons in the BBCode editor and we can't delete them.

You can still use the formatting tags, you just have to put them in manually.

Cycloptichorn
Butrflynet

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 10:39 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Yes, but having them would make it a lot more user friendly.
Izzie

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 10:52 am
@Butrflynet,
I still have problems with PM's - I have only 2 pages worth of contacts - that is 50 contacts in total - all my early PM's with folk are deleted off the system and each time someone PM's me, another one seemingly is eaten in cyberspace... therefore I have lost countless PM's of one's that I wished to keep... in particular, all of Noddy's. My PM's dates, the earliest, are now 26 Nov 2009... everything prior to that is gone into the ether.

I use the PM facility a lot but not with heaps of contacts and the ability to delete the PM's I wish to delete would be better for me personally. To me, it appears that the software is deleting private messages and I have no control over it. For my reasons, I refer back to PM's a lot - to not be able to do this is... not good.

However, I've griped about this numerous times - tho I do believe this is my only gripe Razz
electronicmail

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 11:09 am
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
My priority list of the choices offered is:
Prevent "graffiti" tags

You have a tag "stupidity". Only 3 threads come up under this tag, here they are, you post on none of them but have no problem tagging other people's threads with "stupidity"? That makes you the only graffiti artist identified by name on this forum so far. I wouldn't have bothered to look this up if you weren't peddling the line about "Prevent "graffiti" tags? That's dishonest and hypocritical in the extreme. How about "Prevent "graffiti" posters" as an option? That would take care of the graffiti tags as well.
Quote:

What company has an emblem of two eyes on the butt?
Forums: Gay, Homosexual, Stupidity, Boxing, Ufc
Question by RadAndRandom
Posted 04/11/10 7:09 PM
Replies: 0
Views: 113
Last Post by RadAndRandom
on 04/11/10 7:09 PM

my experience with salvia divinorum
Forums: Drugs, Stupidity, Salvia Divinorum, Drug Use
Discussion by OGIONIK
Posted 04/04/09 1:32 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 338
Last Post by WeBuiltUsATreeHouse
on 08/30/09 4:49 AM

Why Are Conservatives So Mean?
Forums: Conservatism, Stupidity
Discussion by H2O MAN
Posted 06/02/09 8:09 AM
Replies: 50
Views: 808
Last Post by DontTreadOnMe
on 06/03/09 9:03 PM

http://able2know.org/user/butrflynet/tags/stupidity/
Butrflynet

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 11:12 am
@Izzie,
Sounds like there is a set limit of stored PMs and the hamsters are removing the overflow on a FIFO basis (first in, first out). Google mail does the same thing. It tells you to archive any emails you wish to save. However, once the list of archived emails reaches a certain number, it starts dropping off the older emails to make room for the newer ones. I've had to start saving to my PC any emails I wish to retain indefinitely.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 11:18 am
@electronicmail,
I'll be the first to self-identify as a 'graffiti tagger.' And I think it would be pretty difficult to stop it from happening, and I don't know why anyone would want to.

Cycloptichorn
Butrflynet

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 11:21 am
@electronicmail,
I voted it for the good of the forum, not for personal preference. Most of what I gave priority to was from the point of view of what I thought would be good for the forum community, not for me personally.

Personally, I don't care about the colors, I like the way it is now. But, many do complain about the colors so I voted for it.

Personally, I don't care about the graffiti tags, but many complain about them so I voted for them.

Personally, I don't use the PM feature all that much, but many do so I voted for improving it.

electronicmail

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 11:24 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I just this second objected to a hypocritical con artist attempting to censor other people's threads by calling them "graffiti" and tagging them "stupidity". Only her own tags are legitimate tags, anyone else's should be censored. At least you're honest in admitting you post graffiti. Nothing hypocritical about it. We can only hope honesty is contagious.
Butrflynet

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 11:24 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I interpreted Robert's description of what that means to be a formula to give lesser weight to the graffiti tags than to the pre-set tags. It doesn't attempt to eliminate the use of them, it just ignores them in the sorting and ranking formulas.

I could be interpreting it incorrectly and will probably be corrected by Robert if that is the case.
Izzie

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 11:26 am
@Butrflynet,
Hey Butrflyet - yep, I believe Robert said something like that before... but I believe that would be the case if I had hundreds of contacts and 1000's of PM's (can't quite remember where he said it to me and I can't find the thread now)

but I really don't have that many contacts or PMs

this being the case tho, having a delete feature in PM's would be extremely useful so that I could decide which PM's I choose to delete rather than the software deleting my private messages.

I use the forum as my main cyberspace communication with folk, which granted is free, but I prefer that method than giving my email address out to one and all - at least using a PM facility I do not have to deal with spam or crahp (so far) - I understand tho that is probably only personal to me and others don't use the PM facility in the way I do. No-one else appears to be whining about PMs like I do - so it's seemingly not a problem for others.

Thank you tho, Butrfly, for your reply Very Happy

0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 11:27 am
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
I voted it for the good of the forum, not for personal preference.

And who appointed YOU to decide which threads should be tagged "stupidity" for "the good of the forum"? I must have missed that vote when it was taken Drunk Drunk Laughing
Butrflynet

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 11:30 am
@electronicmail,
I was referring to the "prevent graffiti tag" option that Robert included in the list of options for us to vote on. As to who appointed me, Robert did when he asked for my vote and feedback. He did the same when he asked you for your vote and feedback.

You use your vote the way you wish to and I'll use my vote the way I wish to.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 11:31 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

I'll be the first to self-identify as a 'graffiti tagger.' And I think it would be pretty difficult to stop it from happening, and I don't know why anyone would want to.

Cycloptichorn

I too will come clean on my past lawless activity as a graffiti tagger. I voted thumbs down for that option.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 11:33 am
@electronicmail,
You misunderstand. I believe my 'graffiti tags' are for the good of the forum as well as being funny. For example, I tag your threads 'idiot teabagger' as a warning to other members of the nature of the content inside.

Cycloptichorn
Cycloptichorn

@Butrflynet,
You're probably right. How boring, though - the current way is better, takes no work on their part and causes no problems.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

JPB

@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:

My PM's dates, the earliest, are now 26 Nov 2009... everything prior to that is gone into the ether.

I don't remember the date of the format change but I think this may be a function of losing everything prior to the change that hadn't been saved by the recipient rather than anything based on count.
0 Replies