Feedback Thread: Discussion (>'.')> <('.'<)

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 11:12 pm
@failures art,
failures art wrote:
Is there going to be a "quit following" option in anything that is coming in the future updates?

For the my posts page? No, that will likely always contain all topics you post in. There's always voting down there, or using tags to track a shorter list but it's unlikely that we are going to provide an option to for a thread to not appear there (it's a list of topics you participated in so should contain topics you participated in) but you may get what you want another way (perhaps the global hide option will work for this).
roger

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 11:19 pm
@ossobuco,
Indirectly, I think it was addressed. I understood that whatever you chose most recently would "stick".
ossobuco

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 11:26 pm
@roger,
Mine hasn't been sticking - I've been fixing it- after not sticking- for hours, while sometimes moving to News or fantasy baseball and coming back to a2k, to find it on Noise Filter again.

Sometimes it does, if I go to other windows for other websites.
roger

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 11:28 pm
@ossobuco,
Right. I meant the word "would" as a future conditional.

ETA: I would like mine to stick, as well. In fact, I do want it to stick, and right now.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 11:33 pm
@roger,
Ah, gotcha. So, I won't worry about it - thanks.
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 12:14 am
@Robert Gentel,
I'd like a water feature with some shrubbery in an otherwise nonpareil site and free

CHAT
roger

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 12:57 am
@laughoutlood,
Great ideas, though I have mostly lost my liking for chat.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 01:08 am
don't let's start on the shrubbery again..................
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 06:56 am
One feature that I'd forgotten about that I think might be useful: the anti-stalker feature. The ability to drop and block someone from your "followers" list.
djjd62

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 07:10 am
@DrewDad,
i'm sorry, i'll leave you alone Embarrassed
DrewDad

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 07:18 am
@djjd62,
Nah. But who the hell is "The Slow Clap"?
djjd62

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 07:32 am
@DrewDad,
Shocked
sounds like some sort of covert STD
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 08:35 am
@Robert Gentel,
This is a general question, how much if any content of A2K can be shared automatically? One reason I like your site is there's no automatic sharing visible. At least that's my impression so far http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/technology/article7037979.ece
Quote:
Features to be incorporated into the next version of Microsoft Outlook, used by 500 million people as part of its Office software applications, will turn the e-mail service into a hub of social information.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 09:28 am
@DrewDad,
I've wondered the same thing. He/she has posted very little and yet is following a lot of people. I PMed this person and got no response
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 10:01 am
@DrewDad,
How would an anti-stalker feature work? If somebody wants to see what you've been posting, what's to stop him from looking you up by name and scrolling down to your latest posts?
electronicmail

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 10:10 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
You misunderstand. I believe my 'graffiti tags' are for the good of the forum as well as being funny. For example, I tag your threads 'idiot teabagger' as a warning to other members of the nature of the content inside.

I never saw that tag! But it creates a problem for your own personal data retrieval system only if you also have tagged a second category 'intelligent teabagger' and somehow I'm not convinced you do Laughing
GoshisDead

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 10:11 am
I would like a subscribe to thread function. Often I find a thread interesting but have no valuable input for it of my own. With a subscribe to thread function I can place it in my read tracking without cluttering up the thread with an "I'm following" post.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 10:13 am
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:

Quote:
You misunderstand. I believe my 'graffiti tags' are for the good of the forum as well as being funny. For example, I tag your threads 'idiot teabagger' as a warning to other members of the nature of the content inside.

I never saw that tag! But it creates a problem for your own personal data retrieval system only if you also have tagged a second category 'intelligent teabagger' and somehow I'm not convinced you do Laughing

I have yet to meet one, but I do keep an open mind about it.

Cycloptichorn
DrewDad

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 10:14 am
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:
How would an anti-stalker feature work? If somebody wants to see what you've been posting, what's to stop him from looking you up by name and scrolling down to your latest posts?

A) It creates more work for them. Multiple clicks, and they have to remember to go do it.
B) "My Posts" doesn't show my latest posts; it shows a list of threads in which I have participated. Again, more work to go through the thread looking for whether I've posted anything new.
electronicmail

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2010 10:15 am
@GoshisDead,
Somewhere on top of this page under the tag (forum) list is an option for "get e-mail updates", seems to me that would have the same effect as "subscribe to thread".
0 Replies