Feedback Thread: Discussion (>'.')> <('.'<)

Reyn

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 05:30 pm
Continuing on with the feedback:

This is in regards to the forums that become listed on the right side of the page, that appear once you have posted in a particular thread.

I realize that you can click on that forum and have that forum removed, if one wishes, but I would prefer an option (in My Preferences) whereby these forums could be turned off from appearing in the list altogether.

Many times, I only post once in a thread, and never come back. So, to me, the list of forums that I have posted in becomes quite meaningless.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 02:36 am
Just a heads up, there is a preference now (on preference page) to turn off the unread posts being put at the top. This will probably most interest a2k members as that will provide read tracking phpbb style but not vbstyle (which also adds sorting) but now you can give each a try.

Eventually it may be an on-grid preference so that people can more easily toggle between them but we are trying to figure out why the other one didn't stick so that will have to wait.

Also, I don't know if this one has a bug like that, I'd like an army of testers and all but as it stands this one barely made it out the door as it is. I think it works so let me know if it doesn't.
Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 02:47 am
Also, the filter is now defaulting to off until we can figure out what is resetting it (happens when session expires but the why is less clear) and until we can make it more useful.

Again, not hugely tested by an army of QA experts etc, I think it works (does in my tests, but often it's particular rare cases where bugs appear) but we are a small outfit and you guys are part of our QA team so let me know if it doesn't.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 02:50 am
@Robert Gentel,
Okay, I reset it to 'No' and this read topic showed up as the second or third post, without the 'New' flag. Yeah, it keeps things in chronological order and I think that's my preference.

I didn't log out, but did exit a2k. The preference stuck.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 02:54 am
Hey, I also want to point something else out for the record. ConflictingViews.com was a hacked forum that has been imported here for a few days now. No posts because nobody noticed. When we let them know, and if any of them show up all pissed off help a brother out and give me some backup about it having been completely dead and hacked and how...

Ahh hell. Let them eat cake! (jest)
roger

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 02:57 am
@Robert Gentel,
If we point out they had nothing, and now they have something, it'll probably sound hostile. Sounds like a bunch of contrarians, anyhow, but okay.
Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 03:02 am
@roger,
Maybe we all should just play dumb then. Hellifino. I couldn't socialize it with them prior to it either, cause the whole site was hacked and all (just found out it actually has been since March, not May), and inviting them there to discuss would be a bit dastardly.

Anyway, I'm really expecting nothing at all, hardly anyone showing up when I let them know. But if Frank Apisa finds out his account there made its way back the language is gonna look like Joseph's Coat (Frank, if you ever read that, yes it was on purpose). You guys can at least help me with him, if we all sit on him we can take him.
dlowan

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 06:06 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

Maybe we all should just play dumb then. Hellifino. I couldn't socialize it with them prior to it either, cause the whole site was hacked and all (just found out it actually has been since March, not May), and inviting them there to discuss would be a bit dastardly.

Anyway, I'm really expecting nothing at all, hardly anyone showing up when I let them know. But if Frank Apisa finds out his account there made its way back the language is gonna look like Joseph's Coat (Frank, if you ever read that, yes it was on purpose). You guys can at least help me with him, if we all sit on him we can take him.

Hey!! Be gentle with Frank! I'm hoping to have fun with him in New York!!!

I've been waiting for the conflicters to turn up...they sounded like they might be a rambunctious bunch.

But..are they looking for an argument or are the just contradictors?

I'm not bothering if they are just contradictors.

dlowan

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 06:08 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

If we point out they had nothing, and now they have something, it'll probably sound hostile. Sounds like a bunch of contrarians, anyhow, but okay.

Don't know how they'd feel being welcomed by a flea-bitten bubonic plague-carrying RAT.
Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 06:10 am
@dlowan,
I have no qualm with Frank myself, but if the CV account issue comes up tell him I had no idea (c'mon, what are the odds!) and that it justifies at most 4 expletives.
dlowan

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 06:18 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

I have no qualm with Frank myself, but if the CV account issue comes up tell him I had no idea (c'mon, what are the odds!) and that it justifies at most 4 expletives.

Awwwww!!! Dammit. I was so hoping to tell him you had minions out on the net scanning for him, and engineered the hack and all just so you could annoy him!!!

Can't I PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE????????

Actually, I had no idea he had a beef with you, if he does.
Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 06:40 am
@dlowan,
If you are going to make me a villain just make me a good one. I don't want to step on your creative toes but I feel rather strongly that a pestilence should be involved.
dlowan

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 06:47 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

If you are going to make me a villain just make me a good one. I don't want to step on your creative toes but I feel rather strongly that a pestilence should be involved.

So many times you said my threats of revenge were bootless....

Who should get the pestilence?

Did you want oozing buboes all over the body, or just on the genitalia and face?
Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 06:49 am
@dlowan,
Oh I don't know, I'm of the school of thought that a pestilence is best delivered with an element of surprise.
dlowan

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 06:53 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

Oh I don't know, I'm of the school of thought that a pestilence is best delivered with an element of surprise.

Ok. Wait for the surprise.
Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 07:13 am
@dlowan,
I said I like surprise, not waiting.
sozobe

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 07:18 am
@Robert Gentel,
Well then a pestilence of waiting would be perfect.

And requires little effort on the bestower of pestilence.

Except for maybe dropping HINTS that maybe the pestilence will be something other than waiting, so the waiting is a little more torturous and pestilencey.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 07:57 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

I said I like surprise, not waiting.

Hon, I'm not IN New York until October.

I can't do any evil until then.

You'll have to wait.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 09:06 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:
Just a heads up, there is a preference now (on preference page) to turn off the unread posts being put at the top.

thank you

looks good
ehBeth

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 09:14 am
@ehBeth,
or mebbe not

after I posted ^ , I logged out and logged back in

anything that had been marked new before I logged out was no longer new, whether or not I'd looked at it - the newness is attached to the session?