Al Gore Accused of Attempted Rape

stevecook172001

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 06:49 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

gungasnake wrote:
Just women... I thought you were gonna say something about raping the world's economies to the tune of trillions of dollars with his junk science "Global Warming(TM)" BS.

Nah. Just one more woman who fell victim to the Clinton/Gore rape machine.

What kind of plonker are you?
oralloy

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 07:08 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
You've gone stark raving mad, Orallad.

Nah. Your evilness just prevents you from understanding the actions of a good person.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 07:10 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:
i really dont know why we are bothering with your bigoted rhetoric..

You sound really goofy when you use words you don't understand.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 07:11 pm
@revelette,
revelette wrote:
I don't know I would seriously think something weird was up if I was a massage therapist and someone hugged me upon greeting me. I would at least right away set some boundaries.

Listen, I just didn't buy that she was scared of him, not given her responses. Someone truly in that kind of situation would not be making jokes prolonging the experience.

According to the report, she did not have a way to flee, and attempts to flee were only making him more aggressive.

The jokes were a way to keep him from attacking her as she tried to retreat.

revelette wrote:
What’s more is that sometime before she brought up the Clinton's; supposedly Al Gore was singing in a insulting manner about "Mr. president." (Going by memory here so maybe got the song wrong, but it was something like that) So she knew he was not going to take it well if she brought the Clinton again. Why when she was trying to get out of there would she bring up something that was going to get him upset if she was so afraid of him?

I don't see why Gore would take it badly if Clinton were mentioned. Are they enemies now?

revelette wrote:
I don't doubt something went on but I don't buy all of it, all that business about how she was going to be paid by the hotel and then him reaching into his pocket to pay her, then she had to back track because he had a on a robe and said something like "well, he held up his pants pockets" like they was just lying around right there by the door when he went into another room to put on his robe at the beginning. I mean it just all didn't make sense. Which is more than likely why it was dismissed.

Dismissed? You mean the decision not to go forward with charges?

The main reason no charges were filed was because the victim was unwilling to pursue criminal charges.

revelette wrote:
The only reason I responded is because it upsets me terribly when it seems like people make false allegations of rape as it undermines real people who actually are raped and would make them afraid to come forward for fear of being lumped in with them.

It is true that people make false rape accusations. It is a more serious issue than just intimidating actual rape victims though. Think about the person who is falsely accused.

But this may very well not be a false accusation. The people who are saying it is a false accusation have refused to even look at the police report.
oralloy

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 07:11 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
aidan wrote:
I CAN picture Al Gore doing what this woman said he did.

Why?

Not everyone thinks Democrats should have a free pass to rape people.....

BillRM wrote:
This is a man who had been married for 40 years

Had been.

Seems Tipper recently decided to divorce him for some reason.....

BillRM wrote:
and no group of women are now coming out of the woodwork claiming affairs or sexual assaults for that matter.

Is that why you are being so vile towards this woman, to intimidate any other victims from coming forward?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 07:13 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:
I believe in innocent until proven guilty for Al, but also for the woman. We don't know if it was a spurious charge or not. There's really not enough information to draw any sort of conclusion.

Wow! The voice of reason.

Given your evilness on the Amanda Knox thread I'm surprised (pleasantly so) to see such a reasonable post from you.
stevecook172001

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 07:13 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

revelette wrote:
I don't know I would seriously think something weird was up if I was a massage therapist and someone hugged me upon greeting me. I would at least right away set some boundaries.

Listen, I just didn't buy that she was scared of him, not given her responses. Someone truly in that kind of situation would not be making jokes prolonging the experience.

According to the report, she did not have a way to flee, and attempts to flee were only making him more aggressive.

The jokes were a way to keep him from attacking her as she tried to retreat.

revelette wrote:
What’s more is that sometime before she brought up the Clinton's; supposedly Al Gore was singing in a insulting manner about "Mr. president." (Going by memory here so maybe got the song wrong, but it was something like that) So she knew he was not going to take it well if she brought the Clinton again. Why when she was trying to get out of there would she bring up something that was going to get him upset if she was so afraid of him?

I don't see why Gore would take it badly if Clinton were mentioned. Are they enemies now?

revelette wrote:
I don't doubt something went on but I don't buy all of it, all that business about how she was going to be paid by the hotel and then him reaching into his pocket to pay her, then she had to back track because he had a on a robe and said something like "well, he held up his pants pockets" like they was just lying around right there by the door when he went into another room to put on his robe at the beginning. I mean it just all didn't make sense. Which is more than likely why it was dismissed.

Dismissed? You mean the decision not to go forward with charges?

The main reason no charges were filed was because the victim was unwilling to pursue criminal charges.

revelette wrote:
The only reason I responded is because it upsets me terribly when it seems like people make false allegations of rape as it undermines real people who actually are raped and would make them afraid to come forward for fear of being lumped in with them.

It is true that people make false rape accusations. It is a more serious issue than just intimidating actual rape victims though. Think about the person who is falsely accused.

But this may very well not be a false accusation. The people who are saying it is a false accusation have refused to even look at the police report.

You really are some kind of sad little person needing to come on here and make sh*t up

Get a bleeding life
oralloy

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 07:14 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
Trying to forget how rude I was earlier in the thread..

You're a monster who supports putting innocent honors students in prison.

How rude you are is trivial. Sort of like a serial killer saying "trying to forget I shoplifted earlier".....

ossobuco wrote:
as in the italian case, I wasn't there, and don't know the evidence or lack of it.

Stop lying. The evidence was posted. You know very well what the evidence is.
oralloy

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 07:15 pm
@Pangloss,
Pangloss wrote:
That's not how it works...if she makes these claims, which would be defamatory if untrue, she needs evidence. Until then, the conclusion was, and is, that Al Gore is not a sex offender, because we've got nothing concrete to show otherwise.

No, that *is* how it works. Lots of actual rape victims have only their own word to support their claim.
oralloy

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 07:16 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:
But we don't have anything concrete to portray her as someone trying to get attention either (book deal etc) through a spurious rape charge.

Exactly. Even after having seen the same vile behavior to defend Clinton, I still found it stunning the way some people have smeared this woman in this thread.
oralloy

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 07:19 pm
@stevecook172001,
stevecook172001 wrote:
oralloy wrote:
gungasnake wrote:
Just women... I thought you were gonna say something about raping the world's economies to the tune of trillions of dollars with his junk science "Global Warming(TM)" BS.

Nah. Just one more woman who fell victim to the Clinton/Gore rape machine.

What kind of plonker are you?

The kind who is outraged when women who may have been the victims of sexual assault are smeared by people who refuse to even consider the merits of their claims.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 07:22 pm
@stevecook172001,
stevecook172001 wrote:
You really are some kind of sad little person needing to come on here and make sh*t up

Get a bleeding life

Feel free to try to point out even one thing that I've made up.....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 07:30 pm
@oralloy,
I'm interested in my own arguing behavior, and you, oralloy, enrage me, and so I haven't always answered in the best fashion of some of our smart debaters here.

I am thinking that you comglomerate stuff. You include myth, phobia, conjecture, bits of data, and bias..... into a woven knit to wave at others.
You don't understand standing back and looking at different sides of issues, far as I can tell.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 07:37 pm
So, Robert and I are evil - from my point of view good company, but he might wish for a better debater.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 07:39 pm
@ossobuco,
All right, I'm tired of this with Oralloy, but I'm still interested in the situation.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 07:58 pm
Quote:
Leave Al Gore alone. He is always attempting things and failing miserably. At least he has been accused of something apart from gross stupidity.
parados

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 08:45 pm
I find this thread rather humorous considering this story from 2002.
Woman accuses President Bush of rape

I bet Oralloy even voted for Bush after he was accused of rape.
I wonder what Oralloy thinks about someone that would vote for somone accused of rape.
stevecook172001

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 11:15 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
Leave Al Gore alone. He is always attempting things and failing miserably. At least he has been accused of something apart from gross stupidity.

Laughing
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 09:21 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Robert Gentel wrote:
I believe in innocent until proven guilty for Al, but also for the woman. We don't know if it was a spurious charge or not. There's really not enough information to draw any sort of conclusion.

We do know that this woman refused follow up interviews with the police got a lawyer involved early on and express a wish to pursue the matter under civil law.

Then did not go into either a criminal or civil court system however she did shop her story around for a million dollars!

Sorry she is a gold digger by her own actions and little else.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 09:23 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
No, that *is* how it works. Lots of actual rape victims have only their own word to support their claim.

And how many try to shop their story for a million dollars and at the same time does not go to either the criminal or civil court systems?
0 Replies