Al Gore Accused of Attempted Rape

revelette

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 09:04 am
@oralloy,
I don't know I would seriously think something weird was up if I was a massage therapist and someone hugged me upon greeting me. I would at least right away set some boundaries.

Listen, I just didn't buy that she was scared of him, not given her responses. Someone truly in that kind of situation would not be making jokes prolonging the experience.

What’s more is that sometime before she brought up the Clinton's; supposedly Al Gore was singing in a insulting manner about "Mr. president." (Going by memory here so maybe got the song wrong, but it was something like that) So she knew he was not going to take it well if she brought the Clinton again. Why when she was trying to get out of there would she bring up something that was going to get him upset if she was so afraid of him?

I don't doubt something went on but I don't buy all of it, all that business about how she was going to be paid by the hotel and then him reaching into his pocket to pay her, then she had to back track because he had a on a robe and said something like "well, he held up his pants pockets" like they was just lying around right there by the door when he went into another room to put on his robe at the beginning. I mean it just all didn't make sense. Which is more than likely why it was dismissed.

The only reason I responded is because it upsets me terribly when it seems like people make false allegations of rape as it undermines real people who actually are raped and would make them afraid to come forward for fear of being lumped in with them.
BillRM

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 10:35 am
@revelette,
Famous and more important wealth men had targets painted on their backs.

The married basketball player who a hotel employee jump at the chance to lead him to his room and then by her own words begin to fool around with him only to then charge him with rape and in the end walked away with a few millions to go away.

The boxer Mike Tyson is a sick SOB however after listening to his victim being interview and that when he was offer early released of over a year if he would admitted that he did rape the lady and he flatly refused to do so I had some questions even at least in this case he was found guilty by a jury.

When you can walk away with millions of dollars one way or another by charging rape and be set for life there are somewhat more questions raised and should be raised.

The lady in this case got a lawyer involved early on and refused follow up police interviews and did not file a civil case, but shop her story around for a asking price of one million dollars.

From the about known facts the likely merits of the case is zero.

0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 11:24 am
We gotta keep in mind that Oralloy doesn't really give a **** what went on. He just saw something which he believed would give him a vector for attacking Democrats and accusing them of 'supporting rapists,' and got a giant hard-on instantly. Then he had to come here and try and bait the trap, so he could yell at anyone who didn't agree with his stupidity.

Cycloptichorn
xris

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 12:29 pm
President Bush on a visit to the UK made inappropriate advances to me. I was a press attache and he pressed his body against me in the men's. I made a complaint against him but due to his high office it was treated with political expediency. I'm thinking of making it publicly known , any one interested in my story please make themselves known...
aidan

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 12:40 pm
@xris,
Laughing Laughing Laughing
I'm sorry - but the thought that W might be secretly gay just cracked me up.

Is there anyone less likely in the whole WORLD to be secretly gay than George W. Bush?!
That's just about as funny a thought as any I can come up with. Laughing Laughing Laughing

(And yeah - I'd love to hear the rest of that story- just kidding - don't slander or libel the man on my account).
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 12:43 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
On the other hand - I CAN picture Al Gore doing what this woman said he did.
And I'm a democrat who would have voted for Al if he'd run in 2008. In fact - I was disappointed he didn't.
BillRM

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 01:20 pm
@aidan,
Quote:
I CAN picture Al Gore doing what this woman said he did.

Why?

This is a man who had been married for 40 years and no group of women are now coming out of the woodwork claiming affairs or sexual assaults for that matter.

aidan

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 01:23 pm
@BillRM,
I just can. I don't know why - maybe because it was a couple of years ago (it's now come out) that he started straying with Larry David's ex-wife.
Maybe he was bored or something.
I can picture it - that's all I'm saying.
0 Replies

xris

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 02:00 pm
He told me he was very hard Texan gentleman with southern hospitality. I told him I had heard about Texan boys, who shot first and asked questions afterwards. He showed me his holster and I recognised the 45 he was carrying, "is that loaded " i asked him.."Im the president " he replied " Its got a full magazinn but dont expect me to spell it" "Sorry but my queen expects completely loyalty " I replied but thanks for the offer.
talk72000

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 02:26 pm
@xris,
The media is controlled by the right wing.
BillRM

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 02:34 pm
@talk72000,
Even the Fox network is not giving this any great credit.
0 Replies

xris

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 02:41 pm
@talk72000,
Don't we know it but certain suckers still cant see it. It manipulates public opinion and demonises anything that opposes it. The vast majority are oblivious to the propaganda and coo like obedient pigeons ready to fly to their masters demands. The truth is far from their objective, just the self interested monopolies they invest in.
roger

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 02:45 pm
@xris,
The media is controlled by the right wing. How very interesting.
xris

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 03:03 pm
@roger,
Is that Sherlock Holmes impression?
0 Replies

Pangloss

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 03:28 pm
Just another case of "Woman cries rape" for some media attention and a civil suit settlement. Maybe a book deal will be on the way too...how exciting.
Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 05:18 pm
@Pangloss,
I believe in innocent until proven guilty for Al, but also for the woman. We don't know if it was a spurious charge or not. There's really not enough information to draw any sort of conclusion.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 05:32 pm
Trying to forget how rude I was earlier in the thread..

I agree with Robert in that I have no presumption on either side, and, as in the italian case, I wasn't there, and don't know the evidence or lack of it. I have a bias, in this instance, but my bias may be wrong.

On politicians, I know personally a couple of good human beings who are politicians, so I'm not as cynical as djjd (though getting there).
Pangloss

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 05:44 pm
@Robert Gentel,
That's not how it works...if she makes these claims, which would be defamatory if untrue, she needs evidence. Until then, the conclusion was, and is, that Al Gore is not a sex offender, because we've got nothing concrete to show otherwise.
Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 06:07 pm
@Pangloss,
But we don't have anything concrete to portray her as someone trying to get attention either (book deal etc) through a spurious rape charge.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 06:08 pm
@Pangloss,
Women have historically not gone to the police, yadda yadda, because there were no witnesses, and there was a general culture, including in police departments, of, like, so what, you must have somehow brought it on, plus the bother about their reputations, which, in some communities can be much downgraded for a victim of rape, and in others, big big trouble.

My bias is pro-Gore against a woman with dollar signs in her eyes, but even I don't trust my bias.

The whole idea does tarnish him, and I can see the question of defamation as reasonable to consider.
0 Replies