Al Gore Accused of Attempted Rape

electronicmail

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 05:56 am
@engineer,
Quote:
Claimed to fear a security detail in a hotel would hurt her instead of help her? Perfect pitch to conspiracy theorists

That only shows you've never stayed at a good hotel. They all have lists of limo drivers, masseurs, trainers, all kinds of other service people on call. If a guest like Al Gore complains about any of these service people that name comes off the hotel's list. The woman is stating the obvious when she says that making trouble and calling security would destroy her business, she depends on hotel personnel to get appointments. I don't know what else happened but that's no conspiracy theory, it's the plain truth.
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 06:00 am
@engineer,
Quote:
One friend "was basically asking me to just suck it up, otherwise the world's going to be destroyed from global warming," she said.

That's priceless. The friend's name should come out in the police investigation, let's wait and see if he / she will confirm saying that. It has the ring of truth to me at any rate.
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 06:29 am
@xris,
Something did happen in the meantime, Mrs Al Gore filed divorce papers. Do you know any Chinese? I don't but somebody posted this video on another thread here, it's kind of self-explanatory http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH0Yxk-C5y0&feature=player_embedded# and just about summarizes the case as reported. Includes sideswipe to a former president as well Laughing

Adding link for proper attribution to source http://able2know.org/topic/153943-1
xris

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 06:52 am
@electronicmail,
So something happened. Something happened an awfully long time ago..She did report it and no police action was taken. Now to try and say she was scared to report it, is just a little hard to explain, as she actually did report it. Now the evidence even is more diluted with strangers popping up and political opponents claiming his guilt without even knowing the facts. Its baseless crude propaganda that deserves to be classified as pure crap.
CoastalRat

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 07:32 am
Maybe something happened, maybe it didn't. Right now it is simply a he said/she said situation and without evidence of any sort I tend to go with the innocent until proven guilty theory. Not that I like Mr. Gore or anything, but even democrats deserve the benefit of the doubt when it comes to stuff like this. So I think I'll withhold judgement of Gore and wait on any evidence that may be out there. (Although honestly, with the timing of the divorce announcement just before this hits the fan, I'm leaning toward believing the woman's story.)
electronicmail

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 07:36 am
@xris,
Quote:
without even knowing the facts. Its baseless crude propaganda that deserves to be classified as pure crap.

So YOU don't claim to know any FACTS either, but you've appointed yourself police detective, judge, jury and issued a VERDICT already? Whoever called you a liar before on this thread was being KIND.
electronicmail

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 07:40 am
@CoastalRat,
I agree we should all wait for the police investigation to be completed before issuing a final opinion. But contemporaneous conversations do count as evidence, and the woman has to name the friends she discussed the matter with at the time. What they recall will be part of the evidence.
xris

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 07:51 am
@electronicmail,
I have not made a verdict on this case, unlike certain posters here. If you would also like to explain why I am a liar then do so but your claim needs to be substantiated. You appear quite eager to convict without trial.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 01:50 pm
@oralloy,
Republicans help keep the military strong so they can rape and pillage the planet as they see fit and that part about respecting the law. How many felons had to be "pardoned" in the Reagun administration. Hell, Reagan himself would have done 20 years to life after he finished his term.
electronicmail

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 03:33 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
...rape and pillage the planet...

The title of this thread includes "rape" and "Al Gore" but the allegation isn't that he was trying to rape the planet. Just one woman. Read her statement to the police. http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2010/0624101gore10.html
parados

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 04:30 pm
@electronicmail,
It's an interesting read electronicmail. It sounds very political in nature like when she says someone like him shouldn't be near the "red button." There appears to be a political aspect to her statements.

Then she has excuses for destroying every bit of evidence of her being there. Why did she do that if she was that threatened while in the room? I can understand why the police didn't want to pursue it based on her statements. I wonder if they aren't looking at her for a false statement in reopening the case.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 05:06 pm
@electronicmail,
When someone puts forward such a egregious piece of nonsense, it doesn't matter what the thread is, it has to be countered.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 09:29 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Republicans help keep the military strong so they can rape and pillage the planet as they see fit and that part about respecting the law. How many felons had to be "pardoned" in the Reagun administration. Hell, Reagan himself would have done 20 years to life after he finished his term.

You must have gotten the names Reagan and Clinton switched or mixed up in your mind. That would not be surprising, as you are one mixed up dude, JTT.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 03:22 am
@xris,
xris wrote:
Then just explain why I am a liar and a hypocrite for reasons only you appear to be privy to.

You are a liar because you falsely accused me of traits I do not have.

You are a hypocrite because you accused me of traits that you do have.

And you should not be so quick to presume that other people couldn't figure out why I called you a liar and a hypocrite. It was a pretty straightforward post that most people would have had no trouble figuring out.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 03:25 am
@xris,
xris wrote:
But the first report states that she did originally report the incident but enquiries stopped because lack of any credible evidence...She failed once now she is giving it another try..opportunist.

Stop making things up. Inquiries stopped because she refused to cooperate with the inquiries.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 03:29 am
@xris,
xris wrote:
Its baseless crude propaganda that deserves to be classified as pure crap.

I'm surprised you aren't trying to rape her yourself just to teach her a lesson for coming forward.
oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 03:30 am
@CoastalRat,
CoastalRat wrote:
Maybe something happened, maybe it didn't. Right now it is simply a he said/she said situation and without evidence of any sort I tend to go with the innocent until proven guilty theory. Not that I like Mr. Gore or anything, but even democrats deserve the benefit of the doubt when it comes to stuff like this. So I think I'll withhold judgement of Gore and wait on any evidence that may be out there. (Although honestly, with the timing of the divorce announcement just before this hits the fan, I'm leaning toward believing the woman's story.)

Your thinking is similar to mine.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 03:31 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Republicans help keep the military strong so they can rape and pillage the planet as they see fit

Nope. Republicans don't try to rape and pillage the planet.

JTT wrote:
and that part about respecting the law. How many felons had to be "pardoned" in the Reagun administration. Hell, Reagan himself would have done 20 years to life after he finished his term.

Nope. Reagan committed no crime. Try again.
oralloy

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 04:02 am
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:
I agree we should all wait for the police investigation to be completed before issuing a final opinion. But contemporaneous conversations do count as evidence, and the woman has to name the friends she discussed the matter with at the time. What they recall will be part of the evidence.

I don't think there is going to be any police investigation. The alleged victim didn't want one.
0 Replies

xris

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 04:19 am
@oralloy,
I'm surprised your mouth is not festering the filth that comes out of it.
0 Replies