kennethamy

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 08:47 am
@mark noble,
mark noble;167297 wrote:
Hi Ken,

Yes.

Thank you, and be brilliant.

Mark...

Glad to hear you think you know what it means. In general, people think they know what they mean even when it is not true that they do know what they mean. I figure that if you did know what you meant you would say what you meant.
0 Replies

Soul Brother

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 08:49 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;167285 wrote:
Well something like that, yes. I was saying that since Jews did not think that the injustice done to them merited blowing up little kids, arabs might have thought the same way. I guess not, though. Well, as is said, different strokes for different folks. I was pointing out a moral difference.

There, you said it, you really are stupid enough to say such nonsense for the pure reason as to try and correct someone. It is true that the arabs should try and result matters in a not so violent and extremist fashion, but than again we are not talking about the forceful taking of small towns or villages, but a whole state are we not? do you really believe these pig zionists will leave by means of peaceful suggestion? If you can come up such diplomacy ken, I might consider the use of military force as inappropriate.

kennethamy;167285 wrote:
, as is said, different strokes for different folks. I was pointing out a moral difference.

Ahh, of course! kenethammy pointing out moral differences.
:a-ok: nice one!
mark noble

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 08:55 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;167296 wrote:
I just thought about it. I have no idea what you are driving at. My question is, have you?

Hi Ken,

My Thoughts:

[CENTER]On The Graves Of Tomorrow

If you lived in a country
Of rivers and mountains
Woodland and grassland
Beauty and health
Would you sit there and watch
While the powers that be
Gave all the best bits
To somebody else?

By way of, Attrition
You're then driven away
In the dust of the desert
Your children now play
Not with skateboards and pushbikes
But, with guns, and they pray
On the graves of tomorrow
Where soon...They will lay

You may think this one-sided?
I assure you, It's NOT!
Persist, and read on
Let develop, the plot

You rebel against innocents!
With tactics of shame!
You slaughter and mutilate!
You torture and maim!
You're just as much - The aggressor!
You're just as much - to blame!
Such, is your popularity!
Such, is your fame!

So many nations, ravaged by war
Victims of PRIDE, and FRUSTRATION
Remnants of bygone decisions, gone by
CASUALTIES...OF CIVILISATION.

Thank you, and have a fantastic everything, always.

Mark...
0 Replies

kennethamy

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 08:55 am
@Soul Brother,
Soul Brother;167301 wrote:
There, you said it, you really are stupid enough to say such nonsense for the pure reason as to try and correct someone. It is true that the arabs should try and result matters in a not so violent and extremist fashion, but than again we are not talking about the forceful taking of small towns or villages, but a whole state are we not? do you really believe these pig zionists will leave by means of peaceful suggestion? If you can come up such diplomacy ken, I might consider the use of military force as inappropriate.

Ahh, of course! kenethammy pointing out moral differences.
:a-ok: nice one!

You do seem to let your emotions get the better of you. When you can make a rational argument, try again. (By the way, those pig zionists are certainly not leaving because people try to blow them up. It is said that one of the definitions of insanity is to keep doing the same thing even when it has not worked in the past). Try a tranquillizer.
0 Replies

Maud Dib

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 09:59 am
@Ali phil,
Xris and Soul Bro.

As to say only Natives have right to land then what your saying is all humans should be rounded up and brought to what is modern day Iraq. Xris, if you follow what you preach then all Norman's, Saxon's, and Roman's should leave England and allow the Irish to retake your home. Doesn't that sound a bit ridiculous? Soul Bro, if your "native Austrailian" then you need to move yourself back to Madagascar. If your something else, then your either a British prisoner or one of their prison gaurds.

Do you see where im going with this???
kennethamy

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 10:05 am
@Maud Dib,
Maud' Dib;167308 wrote:
Xris and Soul Bro.

As to say only Natives have right to land then what your saying is all humans should be rounded up and brought to what is modern day Iraq. Xris, if you follow what you preach then all Norman's, Saxon's, and Roman's should leave England and allow the Irish to retake your home. Doesn't that sound a bit ridiculous? Soul Bro, if your "native Austrailian" then you need to move yourself back to Madagascar. If your something else, then your either a British prisoner or one of their prison gaurds.

Not without the gift of second sight (and a translator).
0 Replies

Dave Allen

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 10:18 am
@xris,
xris;167242 wrote:
I am with you on the solution but you cant ignore the fact that Israel was born from an illegal act whatever the reasoning.

Most nations are. We tend to trace our nation back to 1066, when William the Conqueror deposed the legitimate king. Wales was conquered in a hostile war by Edward II. Ireland was bought and sold. Scotland joined the union of it's own free will I suppose.

---------- Post added 05-22-2010 at 11:19 AM ----------

kennethamy;167243 wrote:
What occupation?........................

That of much of the previously independant states of Gaza and the West Bank.
Soul Brother

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 10:20 am
@Dave Allen,
kennethamy;167303 wrote:
You do seem to let your emotions get the better of you. When you can make a rational argument, try again.

I would not say so, I am simply having fun, but if I have caused you any offense ken, I send you my apologies.

Rational? what exactly is your meaning of rational? are you playing the humpty dumpty game on me? Was it not you that suggested the Palestinians
give way to zionists taking a whole estate without retaliation simply because the Syrian, Jordanian, Lebanese, etc. did so with out retaliation? Let me remind you you're previous argument was that the "jews" in Israel have no where to go.... so I explained how jews lived peacefully with the arabs before 1948, I have asked countless questions that you cannot answer and I even showed how it is the orthodox jews themselves that are against the existence of Israel, so it seems you are backing nor the jews nor the palestinians. So ken, now that you know Israel is not wanted by the palestinians, nor by the jews, Why are you persisting with your non existent argument?

kennethamy;167303 wrote:
By the way, those pig zionists are certainly not leaving because people try to blow them up. It is said that one of the definitions of insanity is to keep doing the same thing even when it has not worked in the past). Try a tranquillizer.

So you are telling me that if the palestinians forget about the matter, the zionists will get up leave? sounds to me like a very unlikely proposition.

I hope you are respectful enough to answer both questions, after all I am not asking them for no reason.
kennethamy

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 10:23 am
@Dave Allen,
Dave Allen;167319 wrote:
Most nations are. We tend to trace our nation back to 1066, when William the Conqueror deposed the legitimate king. Wales was conquered in a hostile war by Edward II. Ireland was bought and sold. Scotland joined the union of it's own free will I suppose.

---------- Post added 05-22-2010 at 11:19 AM ----------

That of much of the previously independant states of Gaza and the West Bank.

Gaza and the West Bank were states? I must have missed that episode in world history. Israel is not doing a good job of occupation of Gaza if it cannot stop bombardment from Gaza. What is wrong with those occupying troops?
Dave Allen

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 10:31 am
@Soul Brother,
Soul Brother;167248 wrote:
This is why jews have always being against the establishment of Israel, but do you think the zionists care for any of this? not the least amount, for this land is much too precious, and as I said before they will stop at NOTHING to secure it.

Again, you seem to be suggesting that jews - alone of all religions in the world - cleave in a particular strict interpretation of their book.

This is like saying "every christian should spend a good portion of their lives studying lillies and never contemplating the future - that's what Jesus literally advises!"

Some orthodox jews don't wish to see Israel established until the appearance of the messiah - good for them provided they don't hurt anyone.

Other less orthodox jews wish to live in Israel - good for them provided they don't use it as an excuse to opress others.

Quote:
It would seem unfair to have absolute belief in a god that has created everything that exists and that with out you would not be, then after everything this god has done for you, you simply refuse to abide by the few things that he has asked from you simply because it does not suit you.

A strawman characterisation - not every jew is a pious and sanctimonious jew reading the torah according to some version of a particular rabbinical literalism which isn't even shared by all rabbis.

Some jews probably care very little about tenants of the jewish faith, but identify themselves along familial or cultural lines.

Just like many christians, muslims, hindus or whatever.

Quote:
Think about it, what you are saying makes no sense, you are suggesting that it would be okay to take all the rewards but then simply ignore some of the rules as and when it suits you, and then what, they also expect to get into heaven? If people are going to go by there own rules, what would be the point of following a religion in the first place?

Because religions are social clubs providing the adherants with an easily accessable sense of self and purpose defined through common stories, values and rituals that they can partipate in with varying degrees of zeal. Again, most christians do not stay awake at night wondering what it's like to be a lily.

Quote:
Real jews love and respect their god, as such they fully acknowledge and respect their exile from the land, so much so that it is mentioned in prayers.

This is a common logical fallacy termed the no true Scotsman. You are essentially deciding for yourself what it means to be a "real" jew - then applying that standard to the gestalt.
Soul Brother

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 10:32 am
@Maud Dib,
Maud' Dib;167308 wrote:
Xris and Soul Bro.

Maud'Dib I undersatnd exactly where you are going with this. But this does not falsify my argument because as I already explained, orthodox jews are against the establishment of a jewish state in the holly land not because they did not originate there, but because it is they're religion. So you see, we cannot put words in the mouths of jews by saying that they are entitled to the land because they originated there, because they are against this entitlement. We cannot force them to live there.
0 Replies

Dave Allen

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 10:36 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;167323 wrote:
Gaza and the West Bank were states? I must have missed that episode in world history.
They were both designated as states during 1948 by the League of Nations at the same time it acknowledged the creation of Israel itself.
Quote:
Israel is not doing a good job of occupation of Gaza if it cannot stop bombardment from Gaza. What is wrong with those occupying troops?

Agreed - they do a woeful and counterproductive job that results in the grievances that the likes of Hamas publicise in order to 'justify' their own atrocities.
Maud Dib

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 10:36 am
@Soul Brother,
Soul Brother;167322 wrote:

So you are telling me that if the palestinians forget about the matter, the zionists will get up leave? sounds to me like a very unlikely proposition.

They wont leave, but you wouldn't have alot of the violence. The Israelis have put up with Palestinians for a long time. The Jews were peaceful for a long time but racism persisted. Zionist or not, they have had alot of hardships, and in the words of Dee Snider, they were not going to take it any more. The resorted to the philosophy that if the Palestinians blew up a bus, they would would blow up a building. That didn't work, so they have had to step it up a notch every time. They were purely defencive, although sometimes that meant they had to take land to protect themselves. Those who were prosecuted in the holocaust are never going to sit and let that happen again. Its their land, or at least they think it is their land and they wont let it fall out of their grasp.
0 Replies

Dave Allen

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 10:45 am
@Ali phil,
Why assassinate Palestinian moderates then? Why steal land and water supplies from neighbouring states? Why have pregnant Palestinian women stand at roadblocks in the beating sun until they miscarry?
Maud Dib

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 10:50 am
@Dave Allen,
Dave Allen;167335 wrote:
Why assassinate Palestinian moderates then? Why steal land and water supplies from neighbouring states? Why have pregnant Palestinian women stand at roadblocks in the beating sun until they miscarry?

During an awful war, both sides are going to do awful things. During WWII did we not pick out the Japanesse and take them to our own relocation camps? We destroyed careers and lives that way many Japanesse couldn't regain normal lives and its a shame. The British did horrible things under King John against the Lords. Every society is known for doing terrible things to get what they want.

Its hard to be nice to someone who hates you.
Dave Allen

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 10:59 am
@Maud Dib,
Maud' Dib;167337 wrote:
During an awful war, both sides are going to do awful things. During WWII did we not pick out the Japanesse and take them to our own relocation camps? We destroyed careers and lives that way many Japanesse couldn't regain normal lives and its a shame.

I'd say it was more than a shame, I'd say it was a mistake and should not occur again.
Quote:
The British did horrible things under King John against the Lords.
"The British" under King John rallied not to the king, but generally supported the barons, who forced him to make a written concession, the Great Charter, widely seen as a progressive act in the history of human rights. He tried to rescind it when he felt powerful enough to do so, and he was forced to back down again.

Not really a good example of the british doing horrible things, is it? Nor do I think expounding on the attitudes of nearly a millennia back's really that pertinant.

And neither of these examples are of a putative civilised society breaking the same rules it claims to stand for by occupying and oppressing neighbour states that never attacked it in the first place and subjecting their citizenry to a lengthy campaign of impoverishment, injury, death and destruction.

Quote:
Its hard to be nice to someone who hates you.

Read about the assassination fo Dr Thabet - he dedicated his life to the reconciliation of Palestinians and Israelis, and the IDF killed him for it.

That's the message they send to peace-making Palestinians - don't bother - we'll murder you anyway.
0 Replies

xris

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 11:04 am
@Maud Dib,
Maud' Dib;167308 wrote:
Xris and Soul Bro.

I think you better get up to speed with this debate. It was not I that recommended we all return to our original landscape. I was commentating on the stupidity of claiming lands that your fathers occupied over a thousand years ago. So your preaching to the converted.
0 Replies

kennethamy

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 11:23 am
@Dave Allen,
Dave Allen;167329 wrote:
They were both designated as states during 1948 by the League of Nations at the same time it acknowledged the creation of Israel itself.
Agreed - they do a woeful and counterproductive job that results in the grievances that the likes of Hamas publicise in order to 'justify' their own atrocities.

It was not at all clear what the borders of those states were to be. But, more important, being designated as states is not the same as being states. Not at all. For instance, they would have to demonstrate the ability to govern.

A country cannot be occupied which bombards the country that allegedly is the occupier. Case closed!
0 Replies

Dave Allen

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 12:03 pm
@Ali phil,
No Ken - not case closed. Not on the lies the likes of you provide as 'evidence'.

Want to know where the borders are? How about looking at almost any general or political map of the area drawn after 1948 available in all good Google images searches?

Look, here's one:

http://jasonkarpf.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/israel_map.jpg

There's another!

http://2pat.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/israel-map.gif

Holy moly - they're actually quite consistent!

http://www.merriam-webster.com/maps/images/maps/israel_map.gif

Gaza and the West Bank were self-governing until the six day war, from which point on their administrations have always struggled with the minor matter of playing host to a military occupation, foreign settlement, attempted annexation and the greatest concentration of refugees per acre and per capita of anywhere on earth.

But at least you recognise that they were states now.
Soul Brother

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 12:11 pm
@Dave Allen,
Dave. Let me start by making clear that everything that I have stated is not something I have made up and is not my own ideology or belief, but it is that of jews. You are arguing on these religious prinsiples with me as if they are my own, it is not my religion.

Dave Allen;167326 wrote:
Again, you seem to be suggesting that jews - alone of all religions in the world - cleave in a particular strict interpretation of their book.

What do you mean by cleave? do you mean they are split between numerous interpreteations of the Torah? beacause I did not suggest this.

Dave Allen;167326 wrote:
This is like saying "every christian should spend a good portion of their lives studying lillies and never contemplating the future - that's what Jesus literally advises!"

Then again, some say christianity is man made. But it is not up to me to justify people's beliefs.

Dave Allen;167326 wrote:
less orthodox jews wish to live in Israel - good for them provided they don't use it as an excuse to opress others.

Why would jews oppress others simply because they choose to follow they're god's command?

Dave Allen;167326 wrote:
strawman characterisation - not every jew is a pious and sanctimonious jew reading the torah according to some version of a particular rabbinical literalism which isn't even shared by all rabbis.

Your response does not align with what I said. I am sorry but if you read again you will find that I mentioned nothing about jews reading the torah according to some version of a particular rabbinical literalism which isn't even shared by all rabbis. A stated that in my opinion, it would seem unfair to take the rewards from having faith in a religion but then change the rules to suit yourself, (this is my opinion), but if you believe that it is ok to have faith in a religion and change some of the rules as it suits you, that is fine, you are entitled to your opinion and I will not justify it. However, that jews are pious and sanctimonious, came from you, do NOT put words in my mouth.

Dave Allen;167326 wrote:
Some jews probably care very little about tenants of the jewish faith, but identify themselves along familial or cultural lines.

Some probably do, (this is your opinion)

Dave Allen;167326 wrote:
Because religions are social clubs providing the adherants with an easily accessable sense of self and purpose defined through common stories, values and rituals that they can partipate in with varying degrees of zeal. Again, most christians do not stay awake at night wondering what it's like to be a lily.

If you think religions are social clubs where you can have various degrees of zeal, and change some of the rules as and when it suits you, that is fine, (this is your opinion)

Dave Allen;167326 wrote:
This is a common logical fallacy termed the no true Scotsman. You are essentially deciding for yourself what it means to be a "real" jew - then applying that standard to the gestalt.

Again I am sorry but this is not own belief, I can see that you seem to think that I am making this up, so please go on google and type in jews against, and just wait for what comes up and click on the most obvious choice. And I never referred to a gestalt but a majority, so again I would appreciate it if you did not put words in my mouth.

This is one of the websites that I sourced some of the information from.

http://http://www.jewsagainstzionism.com/

Thank you dave.