Israel and the middle east.

Ali phil

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2010 10:51 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;154452 wrote:
Yes, I agree. But the Jews have nowhere to go. So what would you expect them to do?

Why do they need somwhere to go?!
They never lost citazinship is any country!
They come from their place of birth and go to Israel then say, 'Ohhh am i not wanted here... i've no where els to go!'
It is the Palestinians that have no where to go ):

Propaganda is all you will see on T.V
If you hear Hamas what do you think?
If you hear Hisbollah what do you think?

They are NOT terrorist organisations. Hisbollar is the "National liberation army of lebenon." Just like any army but because they are trying to get rid of israels illegal occupation of south lebennon they are 'terrorists',

Very sad that T.V has become the ultimate truth.

---------- Post added 04-21-2010 at 04:54 PM ----------

prothero;154734 wrote:
The Israeli and Palestinian problem is an example of the old maxim "violence begets violence" and that an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the world toothless and blind.

Terrorism induces repression and heightened security which invariably results in a loss of freedom and progress. The non violent protest and resistance of injustice would likely be more effective against a representative democracy such as Israel that at least theoretically is committed to human rights and moral action.

I believe this totaly nice post (:
Unfortunatly the palestinians tried peaceful protest for twenty years, then Israels started to shoot them. ):
Which resulted in the forming of Hamas (Primarily not a militant group)
So in my opinion action needs to be taken against israel. what im not sure.

---------- Post added 04-21-2010 at 05:22 PM ----------

Hamas spend about 85% of there expenditure on education and community building.
kennethamy

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 08:39 am
@Ali phil,
Ali;154738 wrote:
Why do they need somwhere to go?!
They never lost citazinship is any country!
They come from their place of birth and go to Israel then say, 'Ohhh am i not wanted here... i've no where els to go!'
It is the Palestinians that have no where to go ):

Propaganda is all you will see on T.V
If you hear Hamas what do you think?
If you hear Hisbollah what do you think?

They are NOT terrorist organisations. Hisbollar is the "National liberation army of lebenon." Just like any army but because they are trying to get rid of israels illegal occupation of south lebennon they are 'terrorists',

Very sad that T.V has become the ultimate truth.

---------- Post added 04-21-2010 at 04:54 PM ----------

I believe this totaly nice post (:
Unfortunatly the palestinians tried peaceful protest for twenty years, then Israels started to shoot them. ):
Which resulted in the forming of Hamas (Primarily not a militant group)
So in my opinion action needs to be taken against israel. what im not sure.

---------- Post added 04-21-2010 at 05:22 PM ----------

Hamas spend about 85% of there expenditure on education and community building.

When Israel withdrew from Gaza, Hamas began shooting rockets at civilians in Israel, and cried foul when Israel invaded Gaza to stop the rockets. That is the story in a nutshell of Israel and Palestinians.
Krumple

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 01:41 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;155220 wrote:
When Israel withdrew from Gaza, Hamas began shooting rockets at civilians in Israel, and cried foul when Israel invaded Gaza to stop the rockets. That is the story in a nutshell of Israel and Palestinians.

You are funny. You can't pretend like Israel was the innocent victim just trying to do a nice thing, and then got attacked for it. It doesn't work like that. Israel has always been in the wrong, so what do you expect?

It's nothing different than the US invading Iraq and then the Iraqis attack the US troops. You are justifying the US troops then killing the Iraqis because well they attacked the US troops. Well if the troops were not invading to begin with, they wouldn't be attacked. I like how you conveniently neglect to acknowledge the first crime and act like Israel was attacked for no reason.
Ali phil

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 05:50 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;155220 wrote:

Oh yup. . . . . cool. thats settled then i guess.
0 Replies

kennethamy

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 07:18 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple;155275 wrote:
You are funny. You can't pretend like Israel was the innocent victim just trying to do a nice thing, and then got attacked for it. It doesn't work like that. Israel has always been in the wrong, so what do you expect?

It's nothing different than the US invading Iraq and then the Iraqis attack the US troops. You are justifying the US troops then killing the Iraqis because well they attacked the US troops. Well if the troops were not invading to begin with, they wouldn't be attacked. I like how you conveniently neglect to acknowledge the first crime and act like Israel was attacked for no reason.

Eh, why did you say Hamas bombed Israel after Israel withdrew from Gaza? If you said why I missed it.
Ali phil

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 10:43 pm
@kennethamy,
who told you it was hamas link me evedince?
Any way what hamas does, does not excuse israel of their own actions.
0 Replies

Karpowich

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 01:16 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;154435 wrote:
But what gave the Palestinians the right to say that the Jews were not wanted? There were many Jews already in Palestine at the time. And, in fact, the Jews had two nations there in ancient times. The Palestinians who lived there had never had any kind of government there. They were nomads. The Palestinians never had any title to the land. You need to read a little history.

What gave Europe the right to come over and take North America from the Native Americans? Surely by advocating the Jews having control of the land because they were first you believe that America should give all of America back to the Native Americans because they were here first as well...correct?
kennethamy

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 01:23 am
@Karpowich,
Karpowich;166012 wrote:
What gave Europe the right to come over and take North America from the Native Americans? Surely by advocating the Jews having control of the land because they were first you believe that America should give all of America back to the Native Americans because they were here first as well...correct?

:perplexed::perplexed::perplexed:
0 Replies

Dave Allen

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 07:32 am
@prothero,
prothero;154734 wrote:
Terrorism induces repression and heightened security which invariably results in a loss of freedom and progress. The non violent protest and resistance of injustice would likely be more effective against a representative democracy such as Israel that at least theoretically is committed to human rights and moral action.

Tell it to Doctor Thabet. Every time a Palestinian leader committed to human rights and moral action sticks his neck up and tries to gather support Isreal responds by murdering him.

The "Palestinians need to get themselves a Ghandi equivalent" argument is one of the most frustrating to hear. Why should the onus be on the powerless oppressed to provide a path to peace? Why can't the onus be on those with tanks and white phosphorous bombs to try and be a bit less arbitrary in meting out destruction and death? Why can't you investigate what actually happens to members of peace movements within Palestine. Time and time again they are murdered by Israelis because the Isrealis are well aware that they can continue to justify their campaigns against the palestinian people by silencing moderates and publicising the chaos wrought by angry militants and terrorist elements. Why else do they keep a stranglehold on the press in the region?

Bankrolled by the US, who also conveniently veto any UN ambitions to moderate the situation.

[QUOTE=kennethamy;155910]Eh, why did you say Hamas bombed Israel after Israel withdrew from Gaza? If you said why I missed it.[/QUOTE]
They never did withdraw from Gaza - they just sold a limited withdrawal from some parts of Gaza as a withdrawal - which it is not. Who controls Gazan airspace, waters and borders? Who controls the brown areas and the settlements?

You're obviously buying what they're selling though.

Like you bought that stuff about there not being a Gazan government, which there was between the 40s and 60s and then again after the Oslo accords. They were all just nomads? Yeah, right. Firstly nomads can still have rights, governments and a homeland, and secondly it's a complete fib anyway.

So even if it was true - and it is very much a lie - what of it? Do you think traditional Bedouin don't have territories of their own?

Before telling people to know their history perhaps you should bone up on your own?
kennethamy

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 08:00 am
@Dave Allen,
Dave Allen;166080 wrote:
Tell it to Doctor Thabet. Every time a Palestinian leader committed to human rights and moral action sticks his neck up and tries to gather support Isreal responds by murdering him.

The "Palestinians need to get themselves a Ghandi equivalent" argument is one of the most frustrating to hear. Why should the onus be on the powerless oppressed to provide a path to peace? Why can't the onus be on those with tanks and white phosphorous bombs to try and be a bit less arbitrary in meting out destruction and death?

Ah yes, those powerless bombers of school buses. What do you expect them to do? Target soldiers and not little kids? It is excusable (maybe even justifiable) to target little kids when you are powerless. You see, the little kids are powerless too, and that makes it just fine. Allahu Akbar!
Dave Allen

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 08:05 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;166093 wrote:
Ah yes, those powerless bombers of school buses. What do you expect them to do? Target soldiers and not little kids? It is excusable (maybe even justifiable) to target little kids when you are powerless. You see, the little kids are powerless too, and that makes it just fine. Allahu Akbar!

Do you know how many Palestinian children are killed by the IDF for every Isreali child killed by Palestinian terrorists?

Any ideas at all?

I don't really expect an answer - just like you couldn't provide an answer to my questions about the lies you've already spouted on this thread.

Nomads?

Never a Gazan government?

Withdawal?

LaughingLaughingLaughing

What do you actually KNOW?
kennethamy

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 08:09 am
@Dave Allen,
Dave Allen;166094 wrote:
Do you know how many Palestinian children are killed by the IDF for every Isreali child killed by Palestinian terrorists?

How is that supposed to be relevant whatever the answer is? Were the Palestinian children intentionally targeted by the IDF? Perhaps you can address that. It seems to make a moral difference. When you answer that, the comparison will become relevant.
Dave Allen

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 08:12 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;166097 wrote:
How is that supposed to be relevant whatever the answer is? Were the Palestinian children intentionally targeted by the IDF? Perhaps you can address that. It seems to make a moral difference. When you answer that, the comparison will become relevant.

Yeah, children clearly are sometimes intentionally targeted by the IDF. Google it.

Palestinian Children Killed by Israel
Gaza war crimes investigation: Guardian uncovers evidence of alleged Israeli war crimes in Gaza | World news | guardian.co.uk
Ad nauseum...

I like the way you avoid my questions whilst suggesting I can't answer yours. What a hypocrite you are.

To make it clear though - because you seem to be trying to strawman me here - I never said I was in support of violent Palestinian militancy.

I oppose the arbitrary death meted out by both sides of the conflict - none of which is justified.
kennethamy

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 08:21 am
@Dave Allen,
Dave Allen;166099 wrote:
Yeah, children clearly are sometimes intentionally targeted by the IDF. Google it.

children targeted by the idf - Google Search=
Palestinian Children Killed by Israel

I like the way you avoid my questions whilst suggesting I can't answer yours. What a hypocrite you are.

If even true, "sometimes" is the operative word. It is not done as a policy, if it is ever done at all.

Let's try to keep the argument free of abusive ad hominems, although that may mean that you will run out of ammunition rapidly.
Try "Allahu Akbar". Sometimes that seems to work. At least those who use it seem to think it can function as an argument. You know,

1. Allahu Akbar

Therefore, 2. Whatever foul thing I do is all right.
Dave Allen

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 08:37 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;166103 wrote:
If even true, "sometimes" is the operative word. It is not done as a policy, if it is ever done at all.

Clearly it is done time and time again. The IDF treat the Palestinians like untermenschen.

I don't believe for a second that you are familiar with IDF policy - but let's take you at your word - what do you think of the "Policy of Injuries", which is an article of IDF procedure?

Not a rhetorical query, by the way.

I would bet that you don't know of it.

And to be frank, this is why I feel I have to be harsh with you, because on one hand you'll tell others to read their history, but on the other will deny that Gaza was ever governed (it was an independant arab state) or claim that Palestinians were nomadic (no they were not - hence the right of return).

I'd respect the thrust of your argument more if you'd avoid the strawman characterisations and fielded a few of the queries your own somewhat bewildering claims engendered.

Rather than ignoring them and responding to criticism of the IDF with the equivalent of "you must support/excuse terrorism then". No - but the horror of a terrorist campaign does not justify the horror of a disproportionately oppressive occupation and the collective punishments (including arbitrary killing of more civilians than were ever killed by terrorism) meted out by the IDF.

Hamas are terrorists - and so are the IDF.

---------- Post added 05-19-2010 at 09:39 AM ----------

kennethamy;166103 wrote:
Try "Allahu Akbar". Sometimes that seems to work.

Look, you either want us to avoid the ad homs or not. Are you a hypocrite or what?

But yeah - replace Allahu Akbar with "this land is mine by divine right" and I suppose any foul act actually is justified, eh?

At the end of the day "Allahu Akbar" is just the same as saying "Jesus Christ!" or "God Almighty!" - and can indicate something appalling, or just a petition to the fates.

But "this land is mine by divine right" - that always heralds trouble does it not?
kennethamy

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 09:00 am
@Dave Allen,
Dave Allen;166114 wrote:
Clearly it is done time and time again. The IDF treat the Palestinians like untermenschen.

I don't believe for a second that you are familiar with IDF policy - but let's take you at your word - what do you think of the "Policy of Injuries", which is an article of IDF procedure?

Not a rhetorical query, by the way.

I would bet that you don't know of it.

And to be frank, this is why I feel I have to be harsh with you, because on one hand you'll tell others to read their history, but on the other will deny that Gaza was ever governed or claim that Palestinians were nomadic.

I'd respect the thrust of your argument more if you'd avoid the strawman characterisations and fielded a few of the queries your own somewhat bewildering claims engendered.

Rather than ignoring them and responding to criticism of the IDF with the equivalent of "you must support/excuse terrorism then". No - but the horror of a terrorist campaign does not justify the horror of a disproportionately oppressive occupation and the collective punishments (including arbitrary killing of more civilians than were ever killed by terrorism) meted out by the IDF.

Hamas are terrorists - and so are the IDF.

---------- Post added 05-19-2010 at 09:39 AM ----------

Look, you either want us to avoid the ad homs or not. Are you a hypocrite or what?

But yeah - replace Allahu Akbar with "this land is mine by divine right" and I suppose any foul act actually is justified, eh?

I just love that "clearly" bit. Condensed begging the question. Only if the IDF targeted innocents as a matter of policy (and not just as an occasional incident) then they would be terrorist. But they don't do that. Therefore they are not.

What was my ad hom?

Why should I replace "Alluhu Akbar" with that?

the horror of a disproportionately oppressive occupation and the collective punishments (including arbitrary killing of more civilians than were ever killed by terrorism) meted out by the IDF

Begging the question. Being occupied was their choice, by the way. They chose it in 1948, they chose again it by rejecting the Camp David accord and beginning the second Intifada. As Abba Eban wisely said, "The Palestinians never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity". And they are, as we speak, choosing it again.
Dave Allen

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 09:07 am
@kennethamy,
It's not really begging the question if it's supported with evidence is it? If you think the articles are lies then perhaps you should explain why I shouldn't cite them.

Do you know about the policy of injuries?

Or the assassination of Palestinian moderates such as Doctor Thabet Thabet?

Regarding the ad hom - my bad - I thought you were aiming "try Allahu Akbar" at me personally. "This land is ours by divine right" is why there are settlements in Gaza.

kennethamy;166122 wrote:
Being occupied was their choice, by the way. They chose it in 1948, they chose again it by rejecting the Camp David accord and beginning the second Intifada.

But they weren't occupied in 1948 - they were occupied during the Six Day War in the sixties.

1948 is important, because it was the time when many Palestinians were forced from the area that was to become Israel and into refugee camps in Gaza and the West Bank, and many right of return claims date back to this time. However, at that point Gaza and the West Bank were independant states.

Why did they ask for it? Egyptian troops were manouevring in the Sinai with the aim of invading. The Palestinians had been forcibly disarmed by the British. They had no military and were no threat to Isreal. Israel just stayed there (and began to encourage settlement) after defeating the Egyptian army.

How is that "their choice"? They had no military to oppose either Egypt or Israel. Those in the West Bank were much the same in regard to Jordan.

The reasons for the rejection of the Camp David proposals are due to the areas suggested as being handed to the Israelis being significantly altered from those orignally agreed during the Belin-Abu Mazen plan - which Arafat was apparently expecting to agree to. Barak's proposal was far less generous, including total control of Jerusalem including Al Quds and the annexation of Brown areas to Israel proper. That wasn't a deal that Palestinians (or Israeli moderates for that matter) thought was reasonable.

But how does that mean the occupation was "their choice" again? They refused what they saw as a bad deal. Isn't that their right?

The second intifada did not directly result from the breakdown at Camp David, but flared up some years later in the wake of Ariel Sharon's visit to the temple mount. It's more to do with the West bank than Gaza.
kennethamy

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 02:38 pm
@Dave Allen,
Dave Allen;166126 wrote:
It's not really begging the question if it's supported with evidence is it? .

It begs the question if it assumes what is at issue.
Dave Allen

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 03:25 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;166184 wrote:
It begs the question if it assumes what is at issue.

I assume a deliberate carelessness or callousness towards Palestinian civilians - including children - is an issue because you brought the targeting of children up as something the IDF does not do.

I think it does, and have presented some evidence as to why I think so.

That's not "begging the question".
kennethamy

Reply Thu 20 May, 2010 05:26 am
@Dave Allen,
Dave Allen;166345 wrote:
I assume a deliberate carelessness or callousness towards Palestinian civilians - including children - is an issue because you brought the targeting of children up as something the IDF does not do.

".

I said that the intentional targeting to children in something the IDF (or any civilized institution) does not do. (What a difference a word makes). It is not a policy of the IDF to target innocent and defenseless people. It is a policy of Islamo-Fascists. (You can draw your own conclusion from those two premises). Speaking of callousness. As Golda Maier said, "When the Palestinians love their children as much as they hate the Jews, we shall have peace".
0 Replies