The Confederacy was About Slavery

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 08:08 am
You come in here, knowing nothing about the subject, just to argue for argument's sake. You've demonstrated in many threads just how ignorant you are, such as one of your earlier claims that the war was started in order to take over the continent.

What's worse is that you don't care what pain your hatefulness might cause the author of this thread, whose ancestors were the victims of the institution of slavery which caused the war. That's because you have no shame and no decency. You're a pathetic excuse for a human being.
Ionus

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 08:09 am
@joefromchicago,
Quote:
If the Confederacy wasn't about slavery, why didn't any free states secede?
Why didnt all the states with slaves join the Confederacy if it was ONLY about slavery ?
0 Replies

ABE5177

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 08:43 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

What's worse is that you don't care what pain your hatefulness might cause the author of this thread, whose ancestors were the victims of the institution of slavery which caused the war.

i dont get it he said he's filipino?
Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 09:49 am
@ABE5177,
Yeah, it's pretty obvious that you don't get it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 11:02 am
@Setanta,
Ive gotten very tired with ANUS' revisionist bullshit. We know his limits and they are very narrow.
farmerman

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 11:10 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
So why is that time line wrong ? What did you say about it ? Too simple ?
You are an idiot, I was calling another person out for making siomplistic observations about a timeline. HE too made no point about it. I am the only one who presented SC's PRoclamation of Seccession on DEC 20 1860 (emails SC seccession doc was produced in MAy , 1861, 5 months later and siubjected to the PC of the Confederacy ) . The subsequent presentations and ordinances removed the issue of slavery. HOWEVER, th DEC 20, 1860 proclamation that I PRESENTED A FEW PAGES BACK, clearly shows the intent and substance behind SC's seccession. IT WAS ALL ABOUT SLAVERY .

Both you aqnd email are a little slow in th comprehension mode.

ABE5177

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 11:18 am
@farmerman,
why keep harassing posters
rewritiygn history?

i read all the links he gave the rightg date
"Done at Charleston the twentieth day of December, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty. "

ABE5177

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 11:19 am
@farmerman,
you talk a lot
you talk doqwn to otheres
but you can't prove anythign
farmerman

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 11:49 am
@ABE5177,
read the eralier posts, Ive been one of those whose presented most pf the actual data about the issue. I only talk down to that retarded DOuche bag ANUS and his sycophant Email. ANUS is a congenital denier of anything scientific or historical and email is a yes man.

Join in, but try to present something useful, youre off to not a great start. Youre sorta starting up like ANUS by calling names and insults on the very fiorst page of this thread. (I think that may be a record even for A2K)
farmerman

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 11:57 am
@ABE5177,
Quote:
rewritiygn history?

"Done at Charleston the twentieth day of December, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty. "

Actually there is no argument about any dates (Thats just a smoke screen by the ANUS and EMAIL). The date December 20 1860 is when Charleston submitted its initil proclamation of seccession and within that proclamation the legislature defined that SLAVERY and the ASSERTION THAT NEGROES WERE PROPERTY (and that this interefered with "fair commerce") was the issue for seccession. The state legislature said that, not me. EMAIL , then posted the actual ordinance of seccession which was published 5MONTHS LATER, and in which all the slavery words were redacted and the style revised.
EMAIL had just tried to
1Slip one by the UMP with some sneaky insertion or

2HE missed the fact that there should have been something said by SC on the actual date opf seccession.
Does he think that SC just quietly secceded without telling ANYBODY??

That was my point, apparently it went over your head too.

[/quote]
farmerman

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 12:00 pm
@farmerman,
ABE---Im sorry that you have to make fun of my typing , but Ill not hold it against you, everyone else seems to have gotten the point that I type this way cause I like to. Me and DAve are "free typers "
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 01:18 pm
The issue that the deniers keep sounding is that"SLAVERY Was in decline leading up to the Civil War".
There was some kernel of truth in this but again, history gets in the way. Slavery was in decline until the world demand for COTTON was being satisfied mostly by production of a short staple cotton that was best grown in SOuthern US. Cotton was not unknown in the world in the 1700;s . Its only that it couldnt be produced fast enough . Mssers Arkwright, CArtwright and Whitney all added incrementally to the need for more and more raw cotton. They invented the power spinning Jenny, the power loom and the Cotton gin respectively. The capper was Whitney's Gin and since short staple cotton was the perfect variety for mechanical ginning, the US began the growth of its cotton industry. Slavery , was, indeed , in decline, until the late 1700's with the Industrial Revolution , kicking in, short staple cottonwas "King". Unfortunately, short staple cotton was manual labor intensive. Planting was done by two bottoms and by slaves with mule teams, planting was by hand because short staple originally required planting of the started plant (Wedont do that any more). PICKING was ALL hand done . SO, 7 cotton growing states were slave centered and the remaining states of the Confederacy actually became th market slources for shipping slaves to the cotton kingdom.

SUgar cane was also slave intensive and the worlds taste for sugar also extended the time of slavery.

If there had been NO slavery( had there been no cotton or sugarcane), there would have been no confederacy and therefore no Civil War.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 01:29 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote,
Quote:
The issue that the deniers keep sounding is that"SLAVERY Was in decline leading up to the Civil War".

That's because they are totally ignorant about history. It's really uncalled for, because there are so many books written on this subject with the consistent message that it was about "slavery."

Maybe, FOX News revised that history.
farmerman

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 02:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I notice that a lot of local tea bag candidates have mostly been slavery deniers.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 02:48 pm
@farmerman,
That's to be expected; they like to revise history to their own liking. It's as bad as their attempts to change this country with extremism. I believe it bodes badly for the tea party and GOP in the next election; just a gut feeling.
farmerman

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 03:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
when I see them bend over for something like Trump , I wonder what the hell all politics is about
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 03:06 pm
@farmerman,
If the GOP is capable of giving GW Bush two terms in the white house, anything is possible. Obama's been in office for barely two years, and the GOP is already laying blame to the democrats for the problems we're facing today.

There's no cure for stupid.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 03:09 pm
Politics
n. A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage.

Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 03:15 pm
Conservative, n. A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them with others.

-- Ambrose Bierce
0 Replies

ABE5177

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 05:04 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
rewritiygn history?

Actually there is no argument about any dates (Thats just a smoke screen by the ANUS and EMAIL). The date December 20 1860 is when Charleston submitted its initil proclamation of seccession and within that proclamation the legislature defined that SLAVERY and the ASSERTION THAT NEGROES WERE PROPERTY (and that this interefered with "fair commerce") was the issue for seccession. The state legislature said that, not me. EMAIL , then posted the actual ordinance of seccession which was published 5MONTHS LATER, and in which all the slavery words were redacted and the style revised.
EMAIL had just tried to
1Slip one by the UMP with some sneaky insertion or

2HE missed the fact that there should have been something said by SC on the actual date opf seccession.
Does he think that SC just quietly secceded without telling ANYBODY??

That was my point, apparently it went over your head too.

[/quote]
what point? this is what he wrote
the link he gives is the right date 1860
http://able2know.org/topic/145429-32#post-4581396

"You are right that the Civil War was about States' Rights and slavery was incidental to it and the only way to prove that once and for all is to check the dates.There's no denying dates

1860 First Ordinance of Secession (South Carolina) http://www.civil-war.net/pages/ordinances_secession.asp
1861Start of the war
1863Proclamation for limited emancipation of some slaves only in seceding states and conditional on Union winning the war"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...........................................................................................................
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----

"AN ORDINANCE to dissolve the union between the State of South Carolina and other States united with her under the compact entitled "The Constitution of the United States of America."

We, the people of the State of South Carolina, in convention assembled do declare and ordain, and it is hereby declared and ordained, That the ordinance adopted by us in convention on the twenty-third day of May, in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and eighty-eight, whereby the Constitution of the United States of America was ratified, and also all acts and parts of acts of the General Assembly of this State ratifying amendments of the said Constitution, are hereby repealed; and that the union now subsisting between South Carolina and other States, under the name of the "United States of America," is hereby dissolved.

Done at Charleston the twentieth day of December, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Replies