Is the Confederate Flag a symbol of racism?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 06:30 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

Impossible! I am a liberal.

However, as an AMerican right winger, you are the likely candidate for such home decor.
You do seem to have the right and left confused. Remember, the righties are racists. The initial Rs go together.
Plain, liberalism can go in any of 360 degrees of arc.
Liberalism can go in ANY direction, so long as it DEVIATES from the US Constitution.

It is not restricted to only deviating in the direction of authoritarian collectivism.
It can deviate in directions toward many different concepts that r quite inconsistent
with the authoritarian collectivism of Roosevelt and the Kennedys.

ANYONE who deviates, in ANY direction, is rightfully entitled to call himself "a liberal."

For instance,
if some American believes in no government at all,
he can logically describe himself as a liberal
(even tho he is neither an authoritarian nor a collectivist)
because his position is NOT consistent with the standard, which is the US Constitution.

To be a liberal u need only be DIFFERENT than the standard relative to which u are liberal.

Tomorrow, if u go out in public wearing only one shoe,
then u will be a liberal as to prevalent styles of dressing in America.

David
DrewDad

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 08:15 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I suppose you are right about one thing, at least. I should not have said "racism". I should have said "racial discrimination".
djjd62

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 08:25 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

I suppose you are right about one thing, at least. I should not have said "racism". I should have said "racial discrimination".

interesting, my comment came from the same mistake now that i think about it, the idea of quota over possible quality when hiring
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 08:27 am
here's a thought, is racism reason enough to fly the confederate flag, cause i'd probably go with the shaved head and union jack if i decide to be a racist
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 09:48 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

here's a thought, is racism reason enough to fly the confederate flag, cause i'd probably go with the shaved head and union jack if i decide to be a racist

The mere fact that there are two threads in this forum on the subject suggests that if it racism is your motivation, using a confederate flag as a symbol will get the point across to lots of people.

If someone wants to parade their racism for all to see, then their best bet is probably to shave their head and prominantly display a swaztika tatoo. (I guess a swaztika t-shirt would work but it lacks the strength of committment displayed by a tatoo).

Here's another thought: Why would a true blue racist want a subtle or ambiguous symbol?
plainoldme

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 09:56 am
@H2O MAN,
Huh?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 10:04 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I must remind you of few things:

1. You are in agreement with the 4% (polled at the time) that Elian Gonzalez ought to have been forced to remain in Miami. Certainly, to be among such a tiny fraction of the public points toward deviation.

2. Generally, those who want no government are not liberals but conservatives. Laissez-faire, a mild form of anarchy, is a conservative policy.

3. Consider those extreme right wing members of a renegade branch of the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints who force prepubescent and uneducated girls into plural marriages with older, even elderly men, and who force the teenaged boys to live as animals outside their society. As they deviate far from the norm on many counts, by your definition, they are liberals!

4. Your interpretation of the Constitution is extreme to the point of deviance, which, again, by your definition, makes you a liberal.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2010 05:58 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

I must remind you of few things:

1. You are in agreement with the 4% (polled at the time) that Elian Gonzalez
ought to have been forced to remain in Miami.
My goodness, Plain! U distort my position.
I did not say that Elian shoud be "forced" to do ANYTHING.
Y do u accuse me of that?? Y ?

My correct, actual position was that NO force shoud be applied
to him and that he shoud simply have been left alone to do as he pleased,
whether he remained here or returned to live in slavery.
I NEVER, NEVER said nor implied that he shoud be FORCED to do anything.

plainoldme wrote:
Certainly, to be among such a tiny fraction of the public points toward deviation.
Deviation from what ?

plainoldme wrote:
2. Generally, those who want no government are not liberals but conservatives.
A no government position is inconsistent with the US Constitution,
which is the applicable standard from which there is deviation.
Whoever is inconsistent therewith, because of that deviation, is liberal. Do u understand the concept?

plainoldme wrote:
Laissez-faire, a mild form of anarchy, is a conservative policy.
To the extent that the Founders intended freedom to prevail, it is, but not 100% no government,
because the Founders established a government by the Constitution itself.

plainoldme wrote:
3. Consider those extreme right wing members of a renegade branch of the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints who force prepubescent and uneducated girls into plural marriages with older, even elderly men, and who force the teenaged boys to live as animals outside their society. As they deviate far from the norm on many counts, by your definition, they are liberals!
Yes; liberal = deviant.
However, it is possible to deviate in some ways, but not in others.

plainoldme wrote:
4. Your interpretation of the Constitution is extreme to the point of deviance,
Deviance from what ?

plainoldme wrote:
which, again, by your definition, makes you a liberal.
I may deviate from some things. I 'm not sure what u have in mind.
Maybe u 'll tell us.

David
plainoldme

Reply Thu 10 Jun, 2010 09:14 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Too boring to read. Too lacking in sense to bother with.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 01:09 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Here's another thought: Why would a true blue racist want a subtle or ambiguous symbol?
Cowardice? Hell, even on this largely unanimous forum we have plenty of yippity little ankle-biters whose volume increases dramatically when they sense consensus with bigger dogs (like yourself or Robert for instance.) How often do we see the otherwise meeker posters increase the strength of their conviction when they sense some pack-security?
OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 01:12 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
In other words, he accurately pointed out that you did indeed distort his point, and without said distortion; you have no point.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 02:18 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
OK, Plain; by this post, u define yourself.
U confirm my suspicion that u are not a person who can be taken seriously.

I don 't intend to put u on Ignore,
and occasionally I might respond to your posts, just to play with them,
and to have a little fun, but expecting nothing of intellect from u.

Say "good night", Gracie.

David
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 05:05 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
You're right Bill.

I'm sure there are handful of bad-ass bigots who are physically imposing enough and-or crazy enough to walk down the main street of a city in full racist regalia, but in the main they are pack animals with very little individual courage.

It is a behavior in A2K that I find despicable, and one that I have a feeling has helped chase away a number of members: foxfyre for instance. They're trying it with okie as well. Fortunately it doesn't appear to be working with him.

It's the ones that prefer to post "about" someone rather than directly confronting them that I have no respect for. It's gang behavior and incredibly ironic because just about all of them never fail to assert that tribalism is the bane of humanity.

No coincidence, I think that you find many of them resorting to sexually oriented insults while they carry the banner of Gay Rights high.

It's one of the advantages of being a Right Wing Robber Baron, my noxious behavior is true to form and in keeping with my philosophy. It's liberating to be evil.
djjd62

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 05:16 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
making fun of people is entertaining

i go through phases for a while i would post this

http://energeticprocession.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/cut-n-paste.jpg

after most of ican's post, because of his over use of cut and paste articles
electronicmail

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 05:53 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Quote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

" Here's another thought: Why would a true blue racist want a subtle or ambiguous symbol?"

Cowardice? Hell, even on this largely unanimous forum we have plenty of yippity little ankle-biters whose volume increases dramatically when they sense consensus with bigger dogs

I'm a Tea Party activist and I've noticed this syndrome many times in our rallies. We want a rollback of federal government interference in our lives so many members bring confederate flags to our rallies, since the confederacy stood for the same principle. A few times we got some crazies with nazi insignia who tried to attend, they got thrown out bodily.

Can you link the threads you mentioned where this happens online, please?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 09:58 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

making fun of people is entertaining

i go through phases for a while i would post this

http://energeticprocession.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/cut-n-paste.jpg

after most of ican's post, because of his over use of cut and paste articles

Making fun of people is entertaining, and I'm hardly pompous or hypocritical enough to deny this fact.

However, even in an anonymous forum like A2K we can see that the jackals prefer to make fun in a pack and indirectly.

When you make fun of a person to his or her "face" that person, at least, has an opportunity to directly respond. It is a pretty fundamental interaction whether in person or in cyber-space. Although the people with brass enough to do it may be rude boors, they are at least a cut above the cowards who wish to cast their slings and arrows from a distance and within a crowd.

Make no mistake , the jackals snipe at a distance because it is more comfortable for them to do so, and because they see it as a twisted form of bonding with their fellow jackals.
dyslexia

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 10:04 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
trailer trash cast aspersions from behind the sofa in their front yard.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 10:06 pm
@electronicmail,

I won't speak for Bill, but I strongly suspect that he will not agree that the confederate flag is an appropriate symbol of resistance to a strong central government.

However, what you describe is precisely what I have suggested, that the use of the stars and bars can be based on a symbolism that has no association with racism or slavery.

Nevertheless, while there should be no tolerance of swaztikas at a Tea Party rally, deployers of the confederate flag should be advised to replace their choice of symbols with the Gadsen flag. At least then, only serpent lovers can cry foul.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 10:08 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

trailer trash cast aspersions from behind the sofa in their front yard.

I know all too well Dys.

Since you wish to make it personal, you are a prime example of an A2K jackal.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2010 11:26 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
How fifth grade!
0 Replies