Muslim Arrested in NYC Car Bomb Attack

ebrown p

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 12:03 pm
@H2O MAN,
And he was a gun owner. Oddly enough, Tim McVeigh was a gun owner too.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 12:04 pm
@ebrown p,
A Muslim gun owner.
ebrown p

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 12:08 pm
@H2O MAN,
... and a Christian gun owner.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 12:09 pm
@ebrown p,
Are you saying the bomber guy is a christian?
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 12:14 pm
No, McVeigh--you clearly have no concept of parallelism, H2 Oboy.
rabel22

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 12:15 pm
@ebrown p,
He was also a far right conserative, not a liberal.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 12:50 pm
@H2O MAN,
I believe that the suicide bomber, who flew a private plane into an IRS building in Austin, Texas, a few months ago, was probably a Christian too, although I don't remember his religion being made an issue either.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 01:03 pm
@MontereyJack,
MJ, you clearly missed my point.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 01:03 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

Quote:
If he had been a white christian male that would have been the headline our
liberal media would have run. Why hide the fact that this bomber guy is a Muslim

No, I don't recall that his Christianity was a salient issue with press coverage of Timothy McVeigh.

A terrorist is a terrorist--regardless of their religion. We charge people with crimes based on their actions and intentions, not their religious beliefs.

It's more important whether others, either in the U.S. or in Pakistan, or elsewhere, were also involved in this plot. What on earth does their religion have to do with it? If these people are planning to kill Americans, I don't care what their religious beliefs are--it just doesn't matter. I want them found and stopped.

If, it turns out that he is a radicalized Muslim then his religion will probably have a much bigger play here and the bombing attempt near Viacom will have been in retaliation for the South Park/Allah fiasco.

If so, we can't turn yet another ignorant blind eye to the provocations that incite these retaliations and then claim innocence when our nose gets bloodied.

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 01:05 pm
@firefly,
He was a Kamikaze pilot, not a suicide bomber.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 01:09 pm
@Butrflynet,

The South Park episodes were awesome... it saddens me that they caved in to death threats by Muslims.

South Park should not have bleeped what they did and they should have shown the image... I guess John Stewart was scared.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 04:37 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
You have a far greater chance of being a victim of a bombing by a Muslim extremists than all other groups out there.

Who is 'you'? If you're speaking of Americans, then you may be right.

If you take an average world citizen, then the chances that that person will be harmed, even killed, overwhelmingly put the perpetrator as an American; statistically, probably a white christian male, but who's counting.

But even taking straight bombing events aimed at US citizens, the white, christian, American male might still be in the lead.
Ionus

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 05:04 pm
The bombings in India, Pakistan, England, USA, Indonesia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Spain, Israel, China, Russia have been muslim inspired. Now if you want to take a very small number of bombings to support a claim that as much damage is done by devoted Christians, well good luck. Then we could go onto terrorist attacks and hijackings.
BillRM

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 05:25 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
you have a far greater chance of being a victim of a bombing by a Muslim extremists than all other groups out there.

I do not think so as the right wingers seem to build far bigger and far better bombs then the Muslims on the whole at least in this country.

I can not off hand remember when a bomb build by good redneck Christians did not work as plan.

In fact if we limit ourselves just to bombs the Christians win hand down in the body count.
JTT

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 06:02 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Now if you want to take a very small number of bombings to support a claim that as much damage is done by devoted Christians, well good luck. Then we could go onto terrorist attacks and hijackings.

Indeed we could. We might go to the carpet bombing done in Vietnam, 2 to 3 million dead Vietnamese, the shock and awe that was Iraq, what's the death toll there, well upwards of 100 thousand.

And damage, shiiiit; wasn't it more bombs dropped on Vietnam that in all of WWII? We don't even have to speak of Central and South America to know that the white "christians", I use that term lightly, are way out in front.

BillRM

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 06:20 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
not to mention that this guy is a Muslim is suspect.

Yes the all powerful media think they can hide that fact.

What they all should do is what Fox does drum up good old Christian American hate for all Muslims by having a talking head stating we are in a religion war.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 06:31 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

drum up good old Christian American hate for all Muslims by having a talking head stating we are in a religion war.

That's your answer to everything
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 06:34 pm
@JTT,
"You" refers to any individual or group Muslim extremest decide to target.
It also includes anyone that happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 06:36 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

right wingers seem to build far bigger and far better bombs then the Muslims on the whole at least in this country.

What is your point?

Are you offering to share your advanced bomb making skills with Muslim extremest?
Ionus

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 06:39 pm
@JTT,
Are you comparing an act of terror with an act of war ? Are you like a hippy-anti-Vietnam -war-protestor who never let go ? Why are you living your life filled with such hate...and for your side too...how many Christians commit terrorist acts compred to Muslims ? Dont try and down play the Muslims and their role in terror. people like you contribute nothing to solving the problem. You are happy to live in denial and blame those around you because if you blamed the Muslims you might get a bomb up your arse.