Oddities and Humor

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 May, 2012 06:29 pm
FISH CRY: Man Protests All-You-Can-Eat Fish Fry For Cutting Him Off
www.huffingtonpost.com
A Wisconsin man got cut off after he wolfed down a dozen pieces of fish at an all-you-can-eat fish fry, so he did what any red-blooded American would do: he made a picket sign and protested.

- reminds me of a guy that served on the same Navy ship with me. We went in a restaurant for all you can eat spaghetti - $1. I did not like the sauce, which tasted like Campbell's tomato soup, but my friend ate and ate. Before it was over, he was roving the restaurant, throughout the kitchen, bathroom and wherever, looking for someone to serve him more. I don't recall the number, but eight plates of it seems about right. - edgarblythe
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 05:38 am
http://i.imgur.com/I5uDU.jpg
Girl Leaves Parents Hilarious Note About Password Protecting Their Computer (PHOTO)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/16/girl-leaves-parents-note-computer-password_n_1522528.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 09:36 am
http://domania.us/silver/p0517.jpg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 18 May, 2012 04:46 pm
Fungus, Fruit Flies, Old Age: It's The End Times For NPR's AntCam
www.npr.org
Soon, an ant expert says, besieged by disease or old age, the NPR ant colony will come to an end.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 07:23 am
Will Smith slaps smoochy journo: 'He's lucky I didn't sucker punch him' (VIDEO, PHOTOS)
rt.com
Will Smith slapped an overzealous male reporter at the Men in Black 3 premiere in Moscow. Hollywood’s friendliest star had to defend himself after a well-known prankster pounced on him, trying to kiss him on the lips.
JTT

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 10:38 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Will Smith slaps smoochy journo: 'He's lucky I didn't sucker punch him'

If the guy jumped on you first, Will, could you punching him be considered a sucker punch?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 24 May, 2012 03:54 pm
Man Divorces Wife After She Brings Home 550 Cats
www.huffingtonpost.com
Talk about one crazy cat lady. A man from southern Israel is divorcing his wife because she adopted 550 pet cats, the Times of Israel reported Wednesday.
dlowan

Reply Thu 24 May, 2012 06:19 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yep....five hundred is one thing...but five hundred and FIFTY? That's some serious cat, man.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 27 May, 2012 02:45 pm

“When I was 17, I was working my first part-time job at a TV station as a floor cameraman and the person in charge said to me, ‘You know, you walk like a queer.’ And I thought I was hiding who I was, and I wasn’t,” he said.

About 40 years later, a revelation:

“I had a kidney stone and we’re in the emergency room,” Crecelius said. “The nurse is reading the ultrasound and says, ‘Huh, this says you’re a female’.”

It turns out Steve was born intersex, meaning he has both male and female parts. The diagnosis was a shock, but also a relief.

“It validated everything I had always felt inside,” he said.

So he decided to slowly start living as the woman he is now – Stevie. But she had more than just herself to think about.

“How do you tell your kids that well, it’s no longer dad, it’s dadette?” she said.

Stevie and wife Debbie have six children.

“Within a few minutes, all of them said, ‘I don’t care dad; I love you for who you are’.”

Nearly five years after that ultrasound, Stevie and Debbie are still together. It wasn’t always easy.

“I didn’t sign on for this, but who signs on for anything?” she said. “She’s the same person she was as a he on the inside.”

The two still share an intimate relationship based on more than sex or gender.

“We do share a bedroom. We even share the same bed,” Debbie said.

“She still relates to my heart and soul, and I still relate to hers, and I think that that’s the essence of true love,” said Stevie.

With the support of her family and friends, Stevie is now living the life she’s always dreamed of.

“It’s so liberating to be able to be and express how I feel inside,” she said.

By sharing her story, she hopes others will be inspired to embrace their true selves the way she has.

“I am the luckiest woman in the world,” Stevie said. “I don’t think that there’s any way that I could be more blessed
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Mon 28 May, 2012 10:17 pm
Proof that the animators at Disney had a great sense of humor even going way back...
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3hdso2eEM1r90ooxo1_500.jpg
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 10:26 pm
Today in the news...
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CgDqmr2LLvE/T7cOHrmjH0I/AAAAAAAAZXI/7PkhYJz2MbA/s400/big-bad-wolf-strikes-back.jpg
Rockhead

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 10:30 pm
@Irishk,
big bad wolf denies any involvement...
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 05:48 pm
Love this one...saw it a couple of hours ago on CNN...

He said this is for you to go and buy a nice car
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 06:18 pm
@Irishk,
I saw that story on local TV last night.
Irishk

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 06:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
So great, huh? Smile
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 06:33 pm
@Irishk,
I love it when good things happen for people.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 07:14 pm
Let's see if this link works. It shows the universe, from tiny on Earth to the observed universe as well as the estimated universe
http://htwins.net/scale2/
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 07:15 pm
Yup. It do. Awersome.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 07:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
Didn't work right for me. Anymore than when jes posted it on t'other thread. Must be me.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 07:18 pm
I checked it again. Works good for me. Sorry bout thet.
0 Replies