Oddities and Humor

spendius

Reply Wed 2 May, 2012 05:53 am
@edgarblythe,
If that happened here there would be some resignations from high office. Probably some prosecutions as well.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 03:53 pm
Wonderful pictures with the article

http://www.travelettes.net/new-york-city%e2%80%99s-hidden-subway-station/

New York City’s Hidden Subway Station

Written by Sophie24
Deep in the belly of New York’s subway system, a beautiful untouched station resides that has been forgotten for years with only a limited few knowing of its existence. Stunning decoration with tall tiled arches, brass fixtures and skylights run across the entire curve of the station, almost a miniature imitation of Grand Central Station… But it sounds like something straight out of Harry Potter, right?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 04:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
WOW!!!
Roberta

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 04:23 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Ditto.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 06:48 pm
@Roberta,
Who knew? I mean, I was not aware that this place existed, or, for that matter, had ever existed. Fabulous!
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 07:40 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I fail to understand wasting something like that.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 07:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
You've never lived in NYC, have you, edgar?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 07:51 pm
@edgarblythe,
The Lambourgini thief -

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/05/05/MNGK1OD9FQ.DTL

Plus another article,
http://www.marinij.com/tiburonbelvedere/ci_20535753/before-lamborghini-and-guns-case-marin-teen-suspect?IADID=Search-www.marinij.com-www.marinij.com
This includes the guy's photo, which, I dunno, he's seventeen, if a very clever seventeen - should they be able to post his photo?

Interesting comments (to me) on the first article.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 07:52 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Yes he did..
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 08:06 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I lived in NYC in 1968. I was there at the time of the Robert Kennedy and ML King assassinations.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 08:10 pm
@ossobuco,
I hope the time he spends behind bars will make him reconsider the direction he is heading.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 09:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
I take him as sociopathic, not that I'm some expert
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 09:35 pm
@ossobuco,
Likely you are right.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 01:34 pm
Anybody visisted El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de Los Angeles de Porciuncula lately? LA for short.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 02:17 pm
Wells Fargo Fires Woman For Shoplifting 40 Years Ago
www.huffingtonpost.com
Imagine getting fired for a crime you committed not one, not two, not three, but four decades ago.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 02:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
Wow indeed. Now I want to SEE it! It's fabulous.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 10 May, 2012 01:57 pm
The TSA successfully prevented an alleged terrorist from boarding a JetBlue flight out of Florida on Tuesday. Initial reports describe the suspect as having curly brown hair, around 33 inches in height and really into drinking milk from a bottle.

The 18-month old daughter of two New Jersey-born Americans of Middle Eastern descent was reportedly the reason for sending Transportation Security Administration agents onto an about-to-depart plane in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida this week. The parents of the girl, who wish to remain anonymous, say the entire incident is absurd.

Riyanna’s mother tells Fort Lauderdale’s WPBF 25 News that she was approached by an airline employee late Tuesday while onboard a JetBlue plane readying for departure. According to her, she was informed that TSA agents were waiting to speak with the family back inside the terminal.

"And I said, 'For what?'" Riyanna's mother tells the network. "And he said, 'Well, it's not you or your husband. Your daughter was flagged as no fly.’”

“I said, 'Excuse me?'" the mother recalls.

The family then exited the plan to answer questions from the TSA. They don’t quite buy the story that it was their daughter that demanded an investigation, though.

"It's absurd," Riyanna’s father adds. "It made no sense. Why would an 18-month-old child be on a no-fly list?"

The parents say that, for 30 minutes, they stood around a terminal at the Ft. Lauderdale Airport while there flight was halted.

"We were put on display like a circus act because my wife wears a hijab," claims the father.

"We were humiliated," he says. "We were embarrassed. We were picked on."

Eventually the family was cleared to once more board the aircraft, but the child’s parents say they were too embarrassed to seat themselves again amid the chaos. In the aftermath, they have asked the TSA for an apology — they have yet to receive one.

What has materialized, however, is a statement from the TSA that has the agency adjusting the blame towards JetBlue, not the federal security screeners.

“TSA did not flag this child as being on the No Fly list,” the agency says in a statement released to the Huffington Post. “TSA was called to the gate by the airline and after talking to the parents and confirming through our vetting system, TSA determined the airline had mistakenly indicated the child was on a government watch list."

When questioned by WPBF, JetBlue said the incident was an issue for the TSA; the TSA told the network that it was an issue with the airline and would not be investigating it.

Riyanna’s father says he intends to consult with an attorney.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 10 May, 2012 02:06 pm
January Statistics On Airport Screening

April Statistics On Airport Screening From The Department Of Homeland Security:

Terrorists Discovered

Transvestites

Hernias

Hemorrhoid Cases

Enlarged Prostates

Breast Implants

Natural Blondes

It was also discovered that all 535 congressional representatives had no cajones (aka testicles).

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 10 May, 2012 09:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Riyanna’s father says he intends to consult with an attorney.

Sue their ******* ass off. I hope they get billions!

Fuckin' stupid HS/TSA!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 12:22 pm

12-Year-Old Forced To Wear Diaper, Has Head Shaved By Mother
youtu.be
"A U.S. woman and her boyfriend shaved the head of her 12-year-old daughter and forced the girl to wear a diaper and run up and down outside their...
0 Replies