WHAT IS THE HONORABLE RESPONSE?

DrewDad

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 10:31 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
It is foul for you to stick your nose into my relationship with Beth, and i'm not at all surprised that you don't seem to understand that. My experience of you is that you don't have the least concept of honor or decency.

This from the man that said he felt sorry for my daughters in a thread that had never mentioned them.

You have absolutely zero personal insight.
Setanta

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 10:32 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:
You have absolutely zero personal insight.

Talk about projection.
Setanta

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 10:35 am
By the way, i pity your daughters even more after this display of vitriol. Too bad they couldn't have a decent man for a father. By the way, simpleton, that's a comment about you, not about your daughters.
DrewDad

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 10:36 am
@Setanta,
You comfort yourself with that if you wish.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 10:36 am
Whew

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 10:37 am
@Setanta,
Stay classy, Set. Wasn't this thread about you trying to find the honorable thing to do? Whoopsie.
0 Replies

Rockhead

tea and cookies anyone...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/8494/popcorn.gif
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 10:48 am
@Setanta,
Set, if you two are talkin' on the net, you're not talking at home. And if you are talking at home, you're not listening to ehBeth. Why would she take the risk of opening this up to others if there wasn't a PROBLEM that she could see.

You aren't looking for advice, you're looking for some sort of support that can't really come from anyone who is being honest, you know, the theme of this thread.

I have been known to pre-attack and I'm ready and willing to admit it. Why? Honesty demands it, not to mention that it's so damn apparent to anyone with a functioning brain. In this we are much alike.

Be honest with yourself in every respect, big fella. It's not such a bad thing.

Loyalty is defined by someone who will not lie to their partner. Loyalty is helping a partner see their foibles and helping them through them.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 12:05 pm
@sozobe,
Well your disagreements are always nice and well thought of - can't you be mean for the love of pete?

Even your up your nose didn't sound offending. How does one do that?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 12:06 pm
@tsarstepan,
I don't drink tea...
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 08:41 pm
I'm reminded of the commercial for a certain bug zapper that featured Vincent Price chortling as the blue flames sparked, "Isn't it wonderful!"

Plugging into this thread and witnessing Setanta self-immolating I can't help but chortle:

"Isn't it wonderful!"

PS: Honorable? Please.
JTT

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 09:02 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Plugging into this thread and witnessing Setanta self-immolating I can't help but chortle:

"Isn't it wonderful!"

I'm not all that terribly surprised, Finn, in your delight that is. I don't take pleasure in seeing those times you make a fool of yourself. I just wish you would stop.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 09:55 pm
I got zeroed about stuff that still bothers me. Set does actually hold grudges, whip smart on those.
We can learn a lot from Set.

Not to sound syncophantic, but I am trying to learn from Robert, as he learns.

Most of us are not swell at arguing, including many here famous for it.
DrewDad

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 10:10 pm
@ossobuco,
I try to develop characteristics of those posters whose styles I admire. Sozobe and Engineer come to mind as two very level-headed folks who rarely get embroiled in personalities.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 10:22 pm
@DrewDad,
We agree on that.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 10:24 pm
@DrewDad,
thank you for not mentioning me, DD. Wink
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 03:43 am
@Setanta,
2 Cents
0 Replies

Look of Disapproval

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 04:56 am
ಠ_ಠ
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 06:22 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
I got zeroed about stuff that still bothers me. Set does actually hold grudges, whip smart on those.
We can learn a lot from Set.

Not to sound syncophantic, but I am trying to learn from Robert, as he learns.
I don 't wanna sound sycophantic either, but I 'm moven to say that I am very impressed indeed with our host.
He has earned my respect.
He has informed us of his limited formal education, and yet he is so intensely articulate,
with such a far reaching vocabulary that I 'd have assumed that he had an extensive academic education.
My own knowledge of computer-related matters is obviously (to me) only a minute fraction of his knowledge,
which was sufficient to create and operate this website.
I surmise that he learned everything without a teacher.

David