Spring Is Coming! Fantasy Baseball Is Back On A2K For 2010!

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 02:51 pm
2 Redneck SP's combine for 13 IP, 1 win and and a combined ERA of around 3.40.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 03:11 pm
Boy, can my team walk!!!! Very Happy
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 04:52 pm
Speaking of Walks...
As a total aside, I posted a bit of trash talk today aimed at Alex. I mentioned that the 'Necks would triumph this week. It would be a "cake walk." Off to my very old dictionary to find out more.
The definition given was "A promenade or march, of American Negro origin, in which the couples performing the most intricate or eccentric steps receive cakes as prizes."
As a lad, for about 10 years, our family would trek from VA to northern WI where the grandfolks were. Two days of driving and in each direction we would stay in Sandusky, OH. And it turned out that in that then small town, on the town square, they had cake walks every weekend.
It was kind of like musical chairs without the physicality. The music would play and folks would step from numbered square to the next one until the music stopped. And then a number would be drawn out of a hat and if it matched where you were standing: you won a cake.
We never won but it beats the hell out of the wine & cheese/silent auction ordeals that I have to endure on a regular basis.

So we are off and running for a long season. Please feel free to post drivel here. I think the prospect of that is why most of us play.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 05:12 pm
@realjohnboy,
relief pitchers are gonna drive me to drinkin'...
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 05:28 pm
@Rockhead,
One of RH's RP pitched 1/3rd of an inning, took the loss, and had an ERA of 54.
The other survived for 2/3rds and had an ERA of 40.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 05:30 pm
@realjohnboy,
I fired one.

i feel better now...
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 06:37 pm
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
>Parados (Whatchamacallits) is a veteran back for another season, hoping to get something going this year. In 2009, he was 5th of 14; 2008: 10th of 12; 2007: 9th of 10; 2006: 8th of 8.

This is actually me and not Parados, just to clear up any confusion it may have caused.
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 06:47 pm
@Pantalones,
Damn! I knew that. Sorry.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 10:14 am
@JPB,
Quote:
Halladay had a good first outing.
they might as well start etching his name on the cy young trophy...
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 10:16 am
I get extra points for this, right? He's on my team.

0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 03:19 pm
http://www.flipflopflyin.com/flipflopflyball/info-wuvsestreet2.png
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 06:03 am
The blue circles, with white arrows ("press" play buttons), next to individual players names, is a neat new feature.

Gargamel

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 10:07 am
@alex240101,
Pretty cool, right? Too bad you gotta pay to keep it all season.
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 11:12 am
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:
Pretty cool, right? Too bad you gotta pay to keep it all season.

Yeah, but at least it looks as if real-time scoring is a freebie again this year ... that used to be a pay-per-view thing too.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 12:03 pm
Sorry I have been less then active guys. Things have gotten pretty tough here in the last week or so. On top of that last night I was in a gas station robbery that went wrong. Ended up with the muzzle of the robber's pistol in my face with the hammer banging down three times. Thankfully he forgot to load his weapon and ran out of the store when he realized what had happened.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 12:12 pm
@Seed,
dammit seed.

you need a hobby.

thank god for stupid people, eh...
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 12:22 pm
@Rockhead,
Excuses, excuses, Seed.
We're relieved you are all right and look forward to seeing more of you here.
Your team, meanwhile, is looking okay.
jespah

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 01:49 pm
@realjohnboy,
Thank God you're okay, Seed.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 03:55 pm
Joe West, an umpire in MLB for 32 years, lashed out at the Red Sox and Yankees, describing them as "...a disgrace to baseball."
His grumpiness came after the teams played a game on Sunday that lasted almost 4 hours. That is about an hour longer than the average game.
West claims these 2 teams deliberately stall the pace of the game despite the umps' efforts to speed things up.
Baseball writers point out that the Sox and Yankees are strong hitting teams. Lots of sluggers. It works for them to keep opposing pitchers on the mound for as long as possible where they might get cold. They step out of batting box after almost every pitch and stare at the base coach for as long as possible.
MLB execs are not too happy with West, to say the least.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 05:06 pm
@Seed,
Horrible ordeal, Seed. Gulp!!

But sometimes inactivity pays. You benched Evil Men's Marquis and Maholm, they played lousy and you are defeating the mighty Galatasaray Spor Kulub.
0 Replies