Spring Is Coming! Fantasy Baseball Is Back On A2K For 2010!

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 02:50 pm
@realjohnboy,
That's right RJB... get those turkeys in line. Don't they know by now that the prestigious A2K Fantasy baseball trophy is on the line??
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 10:17 pm
@jpinMilwaukee,
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Tico, injuries always ended up killing me. I would be really happy with my team and then BAM! Injury after injury and I'm out of the running. But hey, it's a long season right?

That's right ... it's a marathon, not a sprint.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 03:09 pm
Trying to figure this thing out. Seeing as this is my first year playing fantasy baseball I am not to sure on how things work. Like changing your starting line up and what not.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 03:38 pm
@Seed,
seed. if you will click on "classic view" in the upper right corner, I think you will find it easier to figure out.

PM me if you have trouble and I will see if I can assist you.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2010 03:49 pm
Hi, Seed. When I look at your roster, I am impressed. You are looking strong. If you click on "My Team" in the tool bar you will see your guys. Next to a player's name is a yellow thingee or a yellow thingee along with a red *. Click on that and you will see recent news on that player.
Try it with the last guy on your roster. Brandon McCarthy has been sent to the minor leagues. If you believe in him to come back and do well, you can hold on to him. Otherwise, you can go back to your tool bar and click "add player." Find some new guy and then, when Yahoo coaxes you, drop Brandon.
More later. Stuff should start appearing on Yahoo involving things like projected Starting Pitchers etc in the next couple of days.
realjohnboy

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 12:42 pm
@realjohnboy,
Seed. Right below your avatar is a line called "line up." Click on April 4th. No problem. You have just one player involved in a game and he is in your starting line up. Click on April 5th. You can see that you have guys presently on your bench who will be involved in games and you have guys in your starting line up who have the day off. You would probably want to go ahead and move Peralta (SS) and Brantly (OF) to your starting line up and bench the two inactive guys holding those spots now.
You can go out a week or so making those kind of obvious moves.
With regard to your SP, later this week you will see a ^ next to one or more of their names (or rather next to the opposing team's name). That means that guy is scheduled to throw on that day. Again, you can look at several days at one sitting.
Ticomaya

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 02:57 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
With regard to your SP, later this week you will see a ^ next to one or more of their names (or rather next to the opposing team's name). That means that guy is scheduled to throw on that day. Again, you can look at several days at one sitting.

Yes, but I just want to highlight that you will not see the ^ next to your pitchers yet (at least not when I last looked). As RJB said, here in the next few days you should see that, which will indicate he is scheduled as the starting pitcher that day. Relief pitchers do not get the ^ treatment.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 02:59 pm
@Ticomaya,
I'm pretty sure at least three of my guys are gonna throw opening day.

I'll look after a while.

the first week will be kinda weird anyway, seed...
jespah

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 06:19 am
@Rockhead,
I read that as that they were gonna throw up on opening day. And I'm thinking, nerves, sure, but can't you just put Dramamine in the Gatorade or somethin'?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 11:53 am
It appears that starting lineups, including ^Starting Pitchers, have been announced for Sunday and Monday. I have 2 SP's on Monday.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 12:01 pm
@realjohnboy,
how many DL spots do we get?

not that I care, mind you.

(i think i'm full now)

who has the highest payroll, i wonder...
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 12:06 pm
@Rockhead,
Two DL's.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 11:57 am
Are yall ready? The 1st game of the season is tonight, pitting the Red Sox against the Yankees.
CC Sabathia will be the SP for the Yanks. He is owned by McGentrix.
Josh Beckett will be the SP for the Bosox. He works for Jespah.

You Can't Tell The Players Without A Scorecard. A $4.95 value but free today.

>Tico (Ticomaniacs) claims to be smart about baseball. In 2009, he did win this (1st of 14 players). 2008: 4th of 12; 2007: 2nd of 10 and 2006: 5th of 8. He is one of 5 players going back that far.
>Alex (Great Lakes Crossbills) is a bit a bottom dweller in the various sports games. He was 9th of 14 in 2009 and 11th of 12 in 2008.
>Johnboy (Rappin' Rednecks) enjoys running things without bothering to learn anything what he is running, which probably qualifies him to be the CEO of a big bank somewhere. In 2009, he was 8th of 14; HE WAS 1st OF 12 IN 2008; 10th of 10 in 2007 and 6th of 8 in 2006.
>George (Fighting Philosophers) is back for his 4th season, waiting for a breakout or a breakdown. In 2009, he was 4th of 14; 2008: 3rd of 12; 2007: 4th of 10.
>Jespah (Skinny Tough Puppies) is from Boston and tends to stock her roster with hometown guys but with only marginal success. She was 10th of 14 in 2009. 2008: 7th of 12; 2007: 5th of 10 and 2006: 4th of 8.
>Parados (Whatchamacallits) is a veteran back for another season, hoping to get something going this year. In 2009, he was 5th of 14; 2008: 10th of 12; 2007: 9th of 10; 2006: 8th of 8.
>McGentrix (Skoalman) is in his sophomore year here. Last year he finished in the middle of the pack at 6th out of 14.
>JPB (Flying Squirrels) is co-managed by Rockhead. Her last appearance here was in 2008 when she finished 2nd of 12 teams.
>Maporsche (with the clever team name of Maporsche) is also back after a year off. In 2008, he was 5th of 12.
>Fbaezer (Galatasray SK) is a veteran here, with new team names as whim dictates. He was 3rd of 14 in 2009 and 8th of 12 in 2008. He won the thing in 2007 (1st of 10) and in 2006 (1st of 8). He could be getting old and a bit slower.
>Seed is the true rookie this year. He could be as clueless as most of the rest of us or he might actually know something about baseball. We shall see.
>Osso (Desert Running Dogs) is back again with a new name and new eyes, hoping to have a breakout year. She was 7th of 14 in 2009 and 9th of 12 in 2008.
>Gargamel (Diarrhea) is back for his 2nd year after finishing 2nd of 14 in 2009. I will bite my tongue and make no jokes about his team name.
>Rhyss (Jamaican Mecrazy2) is George's son. He doesn't hang out on A2K but plays in a number of games originating from here. He knows his sports.
I am not sure about whether he has played in our league before.

Let's go!
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 10:47 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
>Tico (Ticomaniacs) claims to be smart about baseball. In 2009, he did win this (1st of 14 players). 2008: 4th of 12; 2007: 2nd of 10 and 2006: 5th of 8. He is one of 5 players going back that far.

That is certainly a claim I've never made.

Glad to see opening day here ...
jespah

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 05:57 am
@Ticomaya,
Good God I'm in 1st place.

This will change, I am sure. But, heh, so far, so good.
alex240101

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 09:03 am
@jespah,
Comforting words for you Jespah: Last year, after day one, I too, was looking down over the league, in standings, high and mighty I was.

Kerplunk.

0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 11:33 am
Adam Dunn begins his 2010 season with the Ticomaniacs ... with a strikeout. First of many, I'm sure.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 11:56 am
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

>Fbaezer (Galatasray SK) is a veteran here, with new team names as whim dictates. He was 3rd of 14 in 2009 and 8th of 12 in 2008. He won the thing in 2007 (1st of 10) and in 2006 (1st of 8). He could be getting old and a bit slower.

You're forgetting the 2005 championship, won by The Dangling Carrots (me).

(I'll let Pantalones do his own correcting of his part of your well written but imprecise post)
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 01:30 pm
@fbaezer,
Sorry about that, Fbaezer. I suspect I made a number of errors. When I went to your profile on Yahoo, your team names and league names are hidden. I didn't know we had a game in 2005. You were indeed 1st of 8.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 5 Apr, 2010 01:41 pm
Halladay had a good first outing.