American Idol====Everything you want to say!

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 07:52 am
I view american idol as the ultimate karaoke show with the coolest prize. I learned long ago never to judge anyone until they open their mouths to actually sing....I have heard some fantastic singers and I also have learned, sometimes to my horror, that a lot of these people who are painfully awful REALLY AND TRULY BELIEVE they are great singers.

The difference between a karaoke operator and Simon Cowell is that we're not allowed to tell people they suck. I've been cheerleading some of the same horrible singers for 29 years who are still singing the same song, and slaughtering it that they did the first time I met them. Laughing Drunk
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2010 03:24 am
They had a guest singer on the last show who I thought had a terrible voice, she was a young black girl. And not to mention our beloved Bob Dylan.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 08:41 am
Okay. Crystal wins.
Everybody else go home.

Joe(I have spoken)Nation
Green Witch

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 08:59 am
@Joe Nation,
I like her too. I also like Lily, but Crystal seems more marketable. Is Crystal missing a couple of teeth? If so, Idol should at least pay for some dental implants when they fluff her up for the finals.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2010 09:09 am
I like Crystal too. And I liked the weirdy woman with the very blond hair. I also like one of the men. The big guy who sang first.

I have to agree with the judges. The song choices are a mystery. What are these people thinking?
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2010 09:44 pm
Boy, I can see why they sent home the YO black girl, she was awful. Crystal is the best.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 07:18 pm
I haven't watched in a couple of weeks and I don't think I missed much, but I just envisioned Keith Richards poking himself in the eardrum with an ice pick after that reggae rendition of Under My Thumb.
sullyfish6

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 10:15 am
Same complaint every week from the judges: wrong song choice.

These kids aren't writers, producers or arrangers. They need some help for cripe sakes. After the fact recommendations don't help.

Why can't the judges help with song choices?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 10:44 am
@Green Witch,
I don't know about Keith, but I certainly did.

Loved the Paint it Black song.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 11:14 am
I forgot to mention I can't stand the woman who looks like Woody Woodpecker. Where is the makeover department when you need them?
Linkat

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 01:36 pm
@Green Witch,
Hey - I knew she looked familar...
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 04:13 pm
I couldn't watch the whole hour. After the guy made 'Angie' sound like a happy song.and "Under My Thumb' was done as a rasha/bubblegum ....I switched over to a cooking show then cried myself to sleep.

Joe(is there a number to call to send the producers home?)Nation
Roberta

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2010 04:29 pm
@Joe Nation,
I took a nap that lasted for six hours. Missed the whole shmear. Sounds like I didn't miss much. Rolling Stones songs. Are dey nuts?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 10:47 am
I had to watch as I am a huge Stones fan. But I was disappointed as most ruined the songs.
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 03:19 am
I was suprised that Lilly was let go, she was tops with me.
Who can sing songs from the stones. Not a big fan of them at all.
Sioban is getting to show how good she is.
I knew the little red haired girl would go.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2010 06:14 am
I liked her woody woodpecker look and she does have a presence on stage, but .....she can't sing as well as half the guys and they can't sing at all.

It's tough for a woman to win AI because 90% of the callers are prepubescent girls screaming at their TVs.

Joe(They think "Under My Thumb" is a lovesong.)Nation
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 04:35 am
Siobhan was good again and I like her.
We know who is going to ((((go)))) , the pretty black haired boy, unless the prepubescent girls have their way. And the black girl was bad she should go and stop wasting our time.
Casey and Crystal consistently pull thru.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 04:57 am
Siobhan Magnus wins for best name, but they should send everyone home except Casey and Crystal and then let the two of them sing it out for the win. At least half of the contestants are a total waste of air waves.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 06:03 am
Okay. I wasn't feeling all the well last night and I tuned in late, just in time to see Big Mike walk his way through something that was so unmemorable that it now slips my mind.

I went into the bedroom, rearranged the fallen covers and returned to hear the guy with the big glasses and neck tattoo do nothing with 'Heard it through the Grapevine'. He had a chance to return this song to it's blues roots (it's been destroyed for me since they used it in a cereal commercial)

What a great song.....so full of hurt...and the melody is so so so gritted-teeth-even... and he did nothing that any kid down at Coogan's on Tuesday couldn't have done.

I shut off the tv.

I laid down on the bed.
I gritted my teeth.
Joe(and sang myself to sleep)Nation

Roberta

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 11:59 am
@Joe Nation,
I like Big Mike. He sang "When a Man Loves a Woman." He has a great voice. The song needed a bit more.

Crystal had the noive to sing "Me and Bobby McGee." Not Janice Joplin, but I thought she was better than good.

The gravevine guy (Andrew Garcia) should be ashamed of himself. He may go home. Feh.

0 Replies