American Idol====Everything you want to say!

Roberta

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 11:27 pm
Big Mike voted off? Shocked

Am I watching the same show with the same singers as everyone else?

Glad the judges saved him.
aidan

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 02:09 am
I really liked Crystal's version of Come Together - it happened again last night- I watched half of it and then it was over- so I have no idea what happened in the second half. But of the first half, Crystal (if she's the natural girl with blonde dreadlocks) was really good.
Roberta

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 04:16 am
@aidan,
Yes, Crystal is who you think she is. And I agree. She did a really good job with that song.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 05:12 am
@Roberta,
It's what happens when you give fourteen year olds the vote. We'd have President Nick Jonas in the White House now if it was up to them.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 06:41 am
@Roberta,
are you kidding me?
Roberta

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 03:50 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

are you kidding me?

Would I lie? I'm mystifahd.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 04:06 pm
@Green Witch,
No - it would be Joe Jonas he is much more popular.
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 07:48 pm
I missed most of the show but next week two people bye bye.
It does appear that girls are getting in their votes mostly.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2010 09:12 pm
The contestants had an uphill battle tonight--with me. Major Elvis fan. Once I've heard Elvis do a song, it's pointless for anyone else to give it a shot. I tried to keep an open mind.

I thought Lee was very good. I thought Crystal was OK. I can't believe that anyone dared to sing Blue Suede Shoes. What was he thinking? I can't believe anyone dared to sing Hound Dog. What was he thinking? I missed big Mike. Don't know how he did.

If I had to pick someone to go, it would be Andy Garcia. A major disappointment.

0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2010 06:15 am
Who left last night.

Joe(i was busy)Nation
Linkat

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2010 09:20 am
@Joe Nation,
I looked it up, it was Andrew Garcia and Katie Stevens. My daughter is going be heartbroken - she loved Katie. But what 7 year old wouldn't?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2010 05:49 pm
I'm sooo not interested anymore that I cleaned the freezer out the other night instead of watching AI. I found my husband's watch that he thought he lost a few months ago, but must have dropped to the bottom of the freezer when he was digging for a Froze Fruit Bar. I thawed it out and it still works. That was more interesting than the singing on AI.
Reyn

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2010 06:34 pm
@Green Witch,
Yup, I so agree with you!

We've taken to just taping the results show and watching the last few minutes to see who is left!
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2010 11:34 pm
Adam Lambert sang and suprisingly I thought his song and stage was good. I was suprised to see Katie go, but at this point, any one who gets the boot is kind of a disappointment. I missed the first singer, crystal, but I caught the rest and thought they were good. I am not very disappointed that Garcia is gone, even though he can sing good.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 12:07 am
Lee was very good again. Crystal was wonderful. I also liked Big Mike. The rest--not so hot. Well, maybe Siobahn.
Joe Nation

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2010 05:56 am
@Roberta,
All female finish: Crystal and Siobahn.

Joe(you read it here first)Nation
Philis

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 05:53 am
Tim Urban cut from idol.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 06:36 am
Man o Man, are we jaded? They put on an extravaganza last night (raised a million dollars, I heard, for something, I didn't watch unless someone was singing).
(Elton John LIVE!)
(okay...he's like seventy now, right?)

ANYway, big show and we....post...Tim Urban out.... dat's it.

What did I see? Oh, Stairway to Heaven.... there oughta be a law against some songs ever being covered by anyone ever again.. 'nuff said. I saw someone else sing...completely unmemorable, so Simon says, don't mean to be rude...but the show is supposed to be about singing. These HUGE light shows and giant orchestral back-ups take away from the singing...oh, yeah, what's her name? ..blond..good singer... sang something about being able to change the world.

Yeah. I still believe that, but it's hard to listen to someone in a $4000.00 gown surrounded by umpty-ump dollars of staging pleading for me to send in ten bucks.

Just dial......, you don't even have to talk to anyone.
Just how disconnected from changing the world can you get and still think you are changing the world??

The first time ...
Ah well.
Joe(days gone by)Nation
Philis

Reply Thu 22 Apr, 2010 08:31 pm
@Joe Nation,
dat's it joe....I missed AI but checked online to see who was sent home. Elton is certaintly aged a lot. I don't think we really missed much because we have probably seen Elton a dozen times when he was younger and brighter, that is how I want to remember him.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 06:41 am
Yeah, who would want to see a 75 year old Elvis?? - in fact, why are these kids singing Beatles and Elvis songs? They just don't get it. Disco? a train wreck.

I am still sick of the judges constantly saying, "Wrong song choice" - OK, then choose them for these kids or at least put some parameters around their choices. It seems like a waste of time every week.

These kids are not producers and arrangers. They are supposed to be singers. In fact, I'd like to see ALL of them sing the same song and see what happens there.