American Idol====Everything you want to say!

Philis

Reply Sat 8 May, 2010 10:29 pm
@Joe Nation,
Yeah, grew up on Frank Sinatra, Andy Williams, Tony Bennett, and Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 09:18 pm
I think Lee's got a chance.
oolongteasup

Reply Tue 18 May, 2010 10:19 pm
@Roberta,
perhaps two singers will fight it out for the tweeny votes
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 19 May, 2010 08:47 am
My god why do the judges keep blowing Lee? He's got nothing. At best he's mediocre at worst he absolutely sucks. It couldn't have been more obvious last night, I mean right out in the open, that the judges are setting him up to win. He got so much more production than the other two Stevie Wonder could have seen it.
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 12:38 am
Who was kicked off wednesday?
Roberta

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 02:06 am
@Philis,
Casey.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Sat 22 May, 2010 09:51 am
This has got to be the most boring, indulgent 'Idol' season ever.

Lee is nothing "new" - i'm getting tired of raspy singers anyway.

I hope Crystel gets it, she's something fresh, but I don't think she's got the backbone for the industry. And I wonder if her health will stand up to it. She has diabetes and was ill one week. Showbiz is very strenuous.

Fantasia was terrific the other night.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 27 May, 2010 06:14 am
I knew Lee would win. He does NOT have what it takes. the guy simply doesn't have a great voice, and more im[potant it's weak and his range is narrow. His voice will never stand up to the rigors of constant touring. Crystal will be to Lee as Daughtry has been to Taylor Hicks.

And btw, where was Dave Cook last night in the big Simon tribute?
Linkat

Reply Thu 27 May, 2010 10:50 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I read he had a charity event.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 27 May, 2010 12:22 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:
Crystal will be to Lee as Daughtry has been to Taylor Hicks

I can't even remember who won over Adam Lambert. I'm not sure who won over Jennifer Hudson (I know she was not in the final two). Winning is meaningless to overall success because 14 year old girls pick the winners via their cell phones and then the music buying public votes with their wallets. I like to think real talent floats while mediocre sinks.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 27 May, 2010 09:13 pm
@Green Witch,
Kris Allen beat Adam. He' doing okay and he seems like a nice marginally talentedkid. Lee is not even marginally talented.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Fri 28 May, 2010 06:48 am
Another Simon manipulation. He kept pushing this kid. But they will work with him, like they did with Jennifer Husdon, and make something of him.

Crystal was outstanding and I know we will see more of her, above all the others.

Wonder who will take over Simon's place?
Linkat

Reply Fri 28 May, 2010 09:36 am
@sullyfish6,
As a side note - did you know that Dancing With the Stars beat out Idol in ratings this season. Wonder without Simon that a show like "world ugliest dog" would beat it out as well.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 05:33 am
Just happened to catch both Lee and Crystal on the Ellen Show yesterday.
Crystal is so much better, a better singer, a better musician, a better presence on stage.

Lee has earnestness and I like him too, but he's going to have a hard time making anyone remember who he is.

Joe(all you have to say in a conversation is the name "Crystal")Nation
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 09:19 am
On our local radio show they've interviewed Crystal and she mentioned that
her long term boyfriend broke up with her on Tuesday - the most important day of her life and this #$#% chose that day to break up with her. Although she said that it made her performance stronger, I do think she must have felt the impact of it on stage. "He didn't think he was up for it," Bowersox told Seacrest of her boyfriend Tony. She said the breakup helped fuel the emotion in her standout performance of "Up to the Mountain" Tuesday night.

0 Replies

Philis

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 03:22 am
Crystal's BF broke up with her you say. He can't handle the fire then.
I was disappointed that Lee won over Crystal.
Larry King was questioning the Idols and he seemed a little upset that the show makes tons of money and the runner ups, the final ones eliminated, get barely nothing in return for keeping the show so popular and monetarily successful.
Siobhan said they get paid as pro's on the idol tour but that is not even enough to buy a car she said.
0 Replies