American Idol====Everything you want to say!

Philis

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 03:50 am
I did not watch AI tonight , what happened?

The only way I can remember how to pronounce Siobhan is to think of chevron with an "s".
Green Witch

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 05:18 am
@Philis,
I didn't watch either and reading this recap made me glad I decided to do other things:

http://www.tvguide.com/Episode-Recaps/american-idol/American-Idol-Episode-1016638.aspx
farmerman

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 05:32 am
@Green Witch,
Im waiting for "America Shears SHeep" . It would be a similarly fine show like "Idol" and would draw an audience waiting for more quality entertainment
Green Witch

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 05:51 am
@farmerman,
Oooh, let's turn this thread into a chat about farm animals.

You may get your wish, FM. I recently spoke to a woman working on a TV show that would teach homesteading techniques. I assume someone has already sent an Extreme Sheepherding video to an old shepherd like yourself, but maybe some AI fans would like to watch some real entertainment:

0 Replies

Philis

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 06:02 am
My last post was (((wrong))). I forgot that I did watch AI wednesday night, just forgot. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 07:14 am
So forgettable, that's what you are.
So forgettable, my erstwhile star,
Sang a song that did noth-ing for me
Can't recall a word or note you sing for me,
Never before have I been so bored..

So forgettable in every way
And forever more, that's how you'll stay
Yes, my darling, it's incredible
That someone so forgettable
could have made it so far in this show.

Joe(now go away)Nation
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 07:47 am
It 's comical how badly AI sucks this year
farmerman

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 07:52 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Did it ever NOT SUCK?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 09:52 am
It's had it's moments.

Joe(mebbe 3)Nation
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 12:14 pm
I thought the men did well last night. Big Mike and Lee. Even Andrew redeemed himself a bit.

The wimmins. Not so much. Even Crystal was not her usual terrific self.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 01:12 pm
There hasn't been a bunch of singers so bland since Perry Como.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DZNn1C2M1o

Wait. I said bunch.

Well, he did overdub his harmonies on "Catch a Falling Star" so he could count as a group.

NO?
Okay, how about the Mitch Miller Singers?

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 03:11 pm
@Joe Nation,
bobby vinton?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 03:12 pm
who could forget the leennon sisters... those vanilla proteges of Lawrence Welk?
Linkat

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 03:28 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Anyone on Lawrence Welk for that matter. I still remember fondly watching Lawrence Welk as a child - I can still remember their signing off song - Goodnight, au reviour, advious say to you, with a kiss and a prayer and every dream come true, and now until we meet again, goodnight, au reviour, advious say -----GOODNIGHT!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 06:01 pm
If music was food, Laurence Welk would be white bread with mayonnaise.

What food would this year's American Idol be?

Joe(opinions?)Nation
Irishk

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 08:37 pm
@Joe Nation,
http://web.usi.edu/boneyard/mead_pablum_cereal.jpg
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 06:31 am
Exactly, IrishK, Exactly.

Joe(just slightly warmed)Nation
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2010 09:26 pm
I thought Crystal was terrific. I liked big Mike. I thought Lee was very good.

Just about everybody this season has a good voice. But singing well is more than having a good voice. Some people know this from the start. Some people finally get it. Some people get it but can't project it. Some people never get it.
aidan

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 02:17 am
@Roberta,
I don't know if I'm watching the same episode you guys are because my daughter says we're slightly behind the US in what we see, but I did happen to watch it with her the other night and I agree - I was really impressed with the men - I don't know their names but the cute tall guy with the blonde pony tail from Texas who plays the guitar and sang Hold On- was the best of what I saw:

Big Mike and the India Arie song were beautiful. Those are the two I really remember as standing out - the girls (at least in the first half I saw) were really struggling in terms of pitch and staying in key.
The one who sang 'What Became of the Broken Hearted' (which is a song I love) just didn't seem to manage it. I don't know how she does week to week - this is the only week I've sat down and watched anything - but it cut off in the middle of the show and I was so disappointed - 'What happened- how can they do that right in the middle of the show!?' I asked my daughter. She said, 'That's just the way it is - they show this much and then you have to wait to watch the rest-I don't know why.' I'm still not thoroughly convinced that she didn't change the channel because another one of her shows was coming on and she'd recorded this one to watch later.

Anyway - I was immediately rehooked into this show I haven't watched in years. It is suspenseful and compelling and addicting, although I do agree, I think the level of talent seems to have flatlined somewhat from when I used to watch it.

I was very impressed with Usher. What a mature and thoughtful young guy he seems to be.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 05:45 am
I don't know what the judges were watching last night.

The last guy was HORRIFIC!!!!! and they praised him. WTF? I mean seriously, it was so bad squinney and I were cringing in our seats. The bagpipe guy was cool though.

The first kid came out and got **** on, the next girl came out did EXACTLY the same job, turned in EXACTLY the same style performance of a similar song and got praised.

Kacy comes out and gets praised for doing something completely different, then Sibohan does it and gets panned..... although I thought it was was a tad Julie Andrews...... but judges... a little consistency what do you say?

Big Mike, Crystal, Sibohan and Kacy. Send the rest home now please. I beg you.
0 Replies