Not advertised – next round of idol contestants location in Boston

Linkat

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 09:17 am
Yep, it is here at the Seaport Hotel in Boston. Saw them this morning " and yesterday morning. Not knowing I actually walked into an area I wasn’t supposed to as I was going to work.

I often times walk through part of this hotel to get to my office " so yesterday morning did the same. And nobody stopped me. It was a hush hush " no signs " this one guy standing there with his Idol shirt on and head phones in front of these not well traveled stairs " I just walked by. Then near one of the function rooms " big sign " private function do not enter " of course I peeked in. All this camera equipment was being set up and stuff and two big guys in suits standing nearby. No one said “boo” to me.

Then today, I tried the same thing, but they were beginning to have the contestant enter the function room still no one didn’t say anything to me, but they did to these two other guys and there were signs (although small about idol). I guess I looked too old to be trying to sneak into the tryouts.

I tried searching on the net to gather any information, however, all they had was the first round location and date so I am going to let the cat out of the bag " now you all know.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 2,521 • Replies: 9
No top replies

sullyfish6

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 11:41 am
I could never figure out how they even got thru all those thousands of people standing in line. Is there a pre-tryout to the tryouts?
Linkat

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 11:44 am
@sullyfish6,
There was a huge one - basically open to anyone and everyone in the Boston area earlier this summer. It was held at Gillette stadium - where the Patriots play so it is huge.

I am making an assumption that this is the next round as a cannot find anything telling about tryouts and it is in a much smaller venue - a large function room at a hotel. All the contestants are sitting outside on the side of the street - a large number but more like a hundred rather than thousands.

Wonder if Simon is at this one...
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 11:49 am
I just found something - it seems that Simon, Randy and Kara are here. And it said 50 contestants are going to be filled at the State Room which is a different location. I wonder if the really weirdo ones and the very good ones were selected for this 50 number at a nicer location and the rest were shipped out here near my office.
0 Replies

soozoo

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 02:49 pm
How do they get so many contestants when it's not advertised? Just curious. Personally, I never hear where auditions for Idol will be held, but maybe I'm not paying attention to that since I wouldn't qualify, and I don't live near a city where auditions might take place. Besides, I only sing in the shower.

I wish they hadn't pushed Paula out. I had a feeling that would happen when Kara joined the judges last year. I don't see that Kara brings anything new to the show. Like her or not, Paula always made it interesting.
littlek

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 02:53 pm
@Linkat,
Wait until I tell my housemate!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 03:16 pm
@soozoo,
Yeah. There's just something about 'open to all' and 'secret location' that leaves my in my natural state - confused.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 03:46 pm
@soozoo,
I think you find out on their website - the initial open auditions were well advertised. Just this is the next round where you had to attend and be invited from the open auditions to this next cut that is tried to kept on the QT - most likely so they don't get crowds.

I figured I'd try to let the word out to cause a commotion.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 04:29 pm
Heh I should tell my former boss.
Linkat

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 11:15 am
@jespah,
I think they are gone now. I took a day off yesterday to go to play at an amusement park with the kids and today I didn't go my usual route because it was raining. However, I didn't see anyone hanging around outside so they must be done.
0 Replies