Predict the NFL Super Bowl Champ. Win Big, Big Prizes*!

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 12:42 pm
@spendius,

what'd you think of the bloomin' Who?
JPB

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 12:46 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
I also noticed that the delivery from the snap to Mr Manning was consistently inefficient.

I noticed that too.

I thought the Who looked like a bunch of old farts still playing the same **** they were playing back in the 60s.
maporsche

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 12:50 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:
Most two-point conversions, game: 1, Lance Moore, N.O.

That was a GREAT catch; Moore did a great job being very aware of what he was doing, what he needed to do, and where he was on the field.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 12:51 pm
@JPB,

(70's, but yeah...)
JPB

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 01:07 pm
@Region Philbis,
seems like only yesterday...
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 01:12 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

What about the Colt's fan's prayers? Why didn't GOD listen to them?
They were answered, but they wasted them asking for the 6th highest rated passer in the league to win MVP. (The highest rated passer had to settle for a Super Bowl Ring.)
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 01:52 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

I thought it a poor game.

I thought the defenses were weak other than a goal line stand, but the game was entertaining.

spendius wrote:
The commentators said that an onside kick had never happened in a Superbowl before except in the last quarter. If true, as I assume it is, it bears thinking about.

The thing that I thought the announcers were weak on was that the probability of an on-side kick succeeding against an unprepared receiving team is 60%. The Saints had been practicing hard on it so the odds were probably better. It was a risk, but not a bad one.

spendius wrote:
Another interesting fact emerged. Mr Brees is the same height as myself and is carrying 60lbs of extra weight.

I looked up his numbers and officially he is 6'0, 209lb. That is pretty heavy, not 60lb, but heavy. He really shouldn't be over 180.

spendius wrote:
When the resident Sky Sports expert on NFL was asked by the newsreader why Mr Brees sported those black marks under his eyes he smirked and said that it might be best to pass on to the next item.

I'm not sure what the implication is here. What did you interpret that to mean?
farmerman

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 01:52 pm
OH to have been at Tipitina's to party till the Mawdi Grah startshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4M_spGbZiI
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 01:54 pm
@engineer,
Quote:

I looked up his numbers and officially he is 6'0, 209lb. That is pretty heavy, not 60lb, but heavy. He really shouldn't be over 180.

Gotta keep in mind that these guys are extremely muscular - my guess is he's not 'fat' at all.

Cycloptichorn
JPB

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 01:57 pm
@realjohnboy,
hoping rjb didn't lose power last night...
spendius

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 02:07 pm
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
what'd you think of the bloomin' Who?

I've only ever seen them get far enough into one of their ditties as it takes me to switch them off.

I viewed other material during half-time which left me wondering what the legal definition of a "thong" is.

As a sociologist I feel it a duty to keep up-to-date on the Venus question.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 02:08 pm
@JPB,
Believe it or not, I hadda take Mrs F to the hospital last night. She banged and cut her head in the barn when a lamb she was deliveriing was violently reclaimed by her mama and Mrs F cut her hed on a nail that stuck out of an overhead beam.
The game was in the fist quarter and was 10 to 3 Iny. When we got to the hospital and I went into the waiting room while MrS F got "Stapled". The game was sorta on a hold pattern till the thrd quarter when Mrs F got done and we began driving home. No radio stations except Westwood were carrying the game and Westwood was just these two old dorks beating off.

We got to our town about half hour later, I stopped in the gas station and the game was 24 to 17. By the time e got home it was 31 and I missed the whole damn thing and TO TOP IT OFF, I forgot to set the DVR.
So all I have are snippets and (fortunately) I missed the WHO DAT and their miserable steenking show. (ALways though Pete Townsend looked like a skinny Geral Depardoo)
maporsche

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 02:12 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Jeeze; I'm in trouble then.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 02:16 pm
@farmerman,
Oh, wow! I hope Mrs F doesn't have too bad of a headache. Glad it wasn't worse.

Sorry you missed the show, fm. There will be plenty of video around, but I know what you mean about being disappointed in having to settle for snippets.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 02:27 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
Gotta keep in mind that these guys are extremely muscular - my guess is he's not 'fat' at all.

60lbs is 20 of my 1,300 page hardback copy of Roget's Thesaurus. Imagine that all day long. Year after year. He wouldn't get to half-time in an English Premier League match and what he did would be pointless. Ask Tico if you don't believe me. He has broad shoulders as you can see from the results table.

spendius

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 02:35 pm
@farmerman,
I call that a deriliction of the duty of care a man owes his wife fm.

Can your sheep not manage on their own? What would Darwin have said? In my time I have seen thousands of lambs appear in the fields almost as mushrooms do.

I bet it was a rusty nail too. I trust you have removed it.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 02:44 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:

60lbs is 20 of my 1,300 page hardback copy of Roget's Thesaurus. Imagine that all day long. Year after year. He wouldn't get to half-time in an English Premier League match and what he did would be pointless. Ask Tico if you don't believe me. He has broad shoulders as you can see from the results table.

We've been through this before. Your guys are light and can run a lot, but they would fold like a cheap newspaper after a single hit from the defense they were playing against. You are ignoring the fact that they sacrifice toughness and strength to achieve said endurance.

Cycloptichorn
spendius

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 02:57 pm
Are you kidding? How are they going to get hit by somebody moving that slowly.

In a Cup Final here that is deadlocked at 0-0 after 90 minutes they play 30 more minutes extra time. And they might have played another big game 3 days earlier and have another to play 3 days later.

I bet the US Ladies proper football team could run any NFL team ragged.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 03:05 pm
Good afternoon. I lost power about halftime. I went out to my van and listened to it on the radio for awhile, but didn't hang around for the end. The announcers were not very good.
I went to bed instead.
Congrats to Wandeljw (who had the Saints 37-30), Seed ( 31-28), Alex (35-13), JPB (24-14) and Tsars (35-31) for correctly picking the winning team. The 1st tiebreaker, and the only one needed, was the player closest to the Saints' point total. Seed nails it- Dead on! Congrats to him!
The game-within-a-game game, where we collected points for correct picks, ended in a tie between JPB and Seed. Using the same tiebreaker, Seed wins again! Awesome, dude.
Thanks to Cowdoc for keeping stats on that aspect.
engineer

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 03:07 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Sure they are muscular, but 209? Rafael Nadal (tennis player) looks like he was carved from stone. His muscles have muscles and those have little muscles on top of them. He is 6'1" and 188lb (ATP web site). Andy Roddick is 6'1", 180lb. Brees has nothing on those guys. You could be right that NFL players carry some fat to make the mass balance work out better, but no doubt in my mind that he's carrying a spare tire at 209.
0 Replies