Predict the NFL Super Bowl Champ. Win Big, Big Prizes*!

ehBeth

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 03:08 pm
@realjohnboy,
Hooray Saints!

Hooray Seed!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 03:15 pm
@realjohnboy,
High-fives to Seed!

Glad you're ok, rjb.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 03:21 pm
@realjohnboy,
Congratulations, Seed!

Sorry your power went out at an inopportune time, rjb. Hope it wasn't out long enough to cause any serious problems. (I hate having no power in the winter -- though it's nice in terms of foodstuffs...)
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 03:30 pm
JPB got 9 of the 11 playoff games right while Seed went 8-3. His 3 losses came in the 1st round and then he ran the table. JPB had a costly loss by picking Dallas.
The best ESPN guy went 8-3 while the worst finished 3-8. Not comparable since they didn't have make their picks all at once. They chose each week.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 04:23 pm
A cartwheel, a no hands somersault and a fist in chain saw starter action with knees bent is in order Seed. Hugs for JP.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 04:29 pm
I'll say I don't like the bias/numbers all toward the later choices - but I would, wouldn't I?

It still seems to me harder to pick in the beginning, and a 50% chance for the end game. But the points accrue opposite to that.

Not to whine, I got the rules. Just wondering.
Seed

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 05:06 pm
Oh man! That's awesome. It was a great game, I had a blast playing with everyone!

Now about those BIG, BIG Prizes Smile

(by the way the line starts here | for kisses of congratulations! Hands shakes from the guys will suffice!)
wandeljw

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 05:19 pm
@Seed,
Congratulations and a handshake, Seed!

(Gustav Ratzenhofer will want to give you a kiss, though.)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 05:21 pm
@Seed,
<smooooches> to Seed

hugs and smooches to rjb and cowdoc and jpb for being the numbers people

hugs and smooches all round

this is a party!

(and I just happen to look spectacular in all shades of purple)
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 05:22 pm
@Seed,
Handshakes all around!

Speaking of which, how is the arm?

Cheers
Cycloptichorn
Seed

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 05:25 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
It's good the cast came off last week and the smell is gone. Ribs are still sore but all and all, I'm doing good.

And I forgot to say congrats to JPB and Tsar! Thanks to RJB and Cow for doing the numbers! Well played game and well organized!@
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 05:26 pm
Congrats, winners.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 05:26 pm
Congrats, Seed ! I think JPB got one hell of a consolation prize tho. Wink
Seed

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 05:28 pm
@LionTamerX,
That prize being?
sozobe

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 05:29 pm
@Seed,
Her team winning!
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 05:30 pm
@ossobuco,
Your point could be well taken, Osso, but it seems to me folks have to pick through a bunch of games to have a team still alive at the end. 16 of 30 of us managed to do that.
I concede that, when I made up the rules, I really had no idea of what I was doing!
I would appreciate any suggestions on how to improve things next year before this thread winds down .
It was in the high 30 degrees today again and, like Sunday, sunny. A lot of the plowed asphalt saw a bunch of melting.
6 inches of snow and sleet scheduled for tomorrow starting mid morning.
One of my employees lives in a rural area and, like 10,000 other folks, has been without power for 72 hours. Also no water or telephone service. He heats his house with a wood burning furnace. It requires power to circulate it properly but even without electricity. His own family moved into town Friday so he was home alone until semi-frozen neighbors showed up. A house full of them, staying for a few hours or overnight. Sleeping on the floor as temps dropped overnight each night to around 12.
Seed

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 05:30 pm
@sozobe,
Ah so I see! Twas a good game!
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 05:32 pm
@realjohnboy,
Need some blankets?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 05:32 pm
@realjohnboy,
Give higher point totals to those who make their picks on day 1 of the playoffs and less to those who change afterward. More complex, but it rewards those who correctly picked at the beginning.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 05:37 pm
creativity should have counted for something, my breakdown of why the teams i picked should have won, was worth more than the actual point outcomes in my opinion
0 Replies