Predict the NFL Super Bowl Champ. Win Big, Big Prizes*!

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 05:19 pm
@JPB,
Yes, I did get that backwards.

Did you know that there have been more than 850 views of this thread since yesterday at 9 pm when I retired for the evening? Amazing.
JPB

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 05:23 pm
@realjohnboy,
Well, 50 of them were just me flipping through the pages looking for tiebreakers and then my score picks.
Seed

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 05:26 pm
@JPB,
hahaha, I did that too.... trying to see how I was going to beat you
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 05:39 pm
@Seed,
Um, shouldn't yall be working? Or something?
Seed

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 05:42 pm
@realjohnboy,
Hahaha on what?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 06:19 pm
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
Um, shouldn't yall be working? Or something?

Are you kidding Johnny?

The employing classes eh? It's all they ever think about is work, work, work.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 08:56 pm
I suspect we have had this discussion for at least 2 or 3 years...
Should/Will... Brett Favre (age now 40) hang it up? Retire.
I suggested a year or 3 back that he should return to Louisiana and run for public office. He would probably win (I don't know his politics) and could start a new life.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 03:02 am
@realjohnboy,

one of the on-field mics apparently picked up a "highly unlikely" from beneath a pile of Saint defenders late in the 4th quarter...
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 08:04 pm
I see from a new thread on A2K that our friend and fellow player Mysteryman rolled his tractor trailer truck full of coal over today. He was not injured seriously but expects to be really sore tomorrow from bouncing around the cab.
We look forward to hearing from MM in Kentucky with updates.
Brett Favre took a beating. MM outdid him.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 08:06 pm
@realjohnboy,
YIKES!

Be well, MM..
jespah

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 05:08 am
@ossobuco,
MM's a tough guy but it doesn't mean we don't worry.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 05:44 am
I saw a programme about ice-road trucking to Deadhorse Alaska and that looked really tough. I think a wussie like me would prefer playing in NFL to doing that job at the same money.

There are a lot of jobs much tougher than NFL playing and at a fraction of the money.

Get well soon mm. Take it easy on the gas next time.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 08:13 am
I'm still alive but I am sore this morning.
I feel like I'm the one that took the beating sunday, not Brett Favre.

I still dont know what happened, or even how I got out of the truck afterwards.
I remember driving, then the next thing I remember clearly is sitting in the cop car.
George

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 08:51 am
@mysteryman,
". . . then the next thing I remember clearly is sitting in the cop car."
A phrase I hope never to utter.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 10:12 am
@mysteryman,
Good to hear you have a sense of humor about it, mysteryman. Accidents like that are scary, though.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 10:27 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

I'm still alive but I am sore this morning.
I feel like I'm the one that took the beating sunday, not Brett Favre.

I still dont know what happened, or even how I got out of the truck afterwards.
I remember driving, then the next thing I remember clearly is sitting in the cop car.

Holy ****, glad to hear you walked away!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 02:36 pm
@mysteryman,
Quote:

There's plenty of scope for counsel in that if you need one.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 05:19 pm
Good evening. We have a lot of time to kill between now and the Super Bowl on Feb 7th.
Did I tell yall that the best ESPN expert went 2-0 last weekend while there was one guy who went 0-2? They don't play by my rules regarding picking all the way through.
An advertisement during the Super Bowl - a 30 second ad - used to cost a million or two bucks. The thinking was that there were many more eyeballs watching, including women who might be at Cyclops' party but who do not have an interest in football. Clever ads, funny ads, would be anticipated and watched by the huge audience.
But times are tough and you won't see ads by the car companies etc.
CBS is scrounging for advertisers. They have, for the 1st time in Super Bowl advertising history, accepted one from an "advocacy" group. CBS says it is not political or controversial. Rather it (featuring the Florida Gators QB and Heismann Trophy winner Tim Tebow and his mom) is intended to be inspirational.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 05:25 pm
@realjohnboy,
Compresses lips in disapproval...

An exhusband of a friend of mine (from the smart ass group) used to direct super bowl commercials. I don't remember his name and thus can't research if he's still doing them. (Raps her temple, what was his name...)

Hmm, maybe I do remember it. Will check. But, will I tell you if I find out? probably not.

0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 27 Jan, 2010 05:30 pm
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
CBS is scrounging for advertisers. They have, for the 1st time in Super Bowl advertising history, accepted one from an "advocacy" group. CBS says it is not political or controversial. Rather it (featuring the Florida Gators QB and Heismann Trophy winner Tim Tebow and his mom) is intended to be inspirational.

There is already a big fuss about this. Apparently a woman's group is up in arms as the ad conveys an anti-abortion message. (The ad is Tim's mother talking about how doctors suggested she terminate her pregnancy due to complications of some sort)