So what is a "Redneck"

farmerman

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 03:19 pm
@panzade,
youd need a small TN device for that little piggy. Is that "Hogzilla"?
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 03:20 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Heres a youtube of my dog Ernie's breed, (the catahoula). Notice the weird "crckle" eyes, which ios a distinctive feature of this breed of hound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hMZr0BsKhk

Several years ago, an ass moved out of an apartment where I work. He told me there was a stray dog near the door. I could tell the dog was waiting at the entrance for his return. But by the time I put two and two together, he had driven away. I could have had management get involved, but I thought instead of the animal's welfare. I took him to my house for almost a week, until I was able to find a couple to give him a proper home. It was a catahoula, much like the one in the video. It was a wonderful dog, but I knew I did not have the resources to take care of him.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 03:20 pm
@panzade,
That guy's a midget, ain't he?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 03:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
catahoulas need constant stimulus otherwise they will take over. They are relentless in their pursuit of work or play (it doesnt matter0. Mine have learned how to pick locks and turn lights on and off. That spooky Two-toned eye thing can get some people really freaked . I have a neighbor who says Ernie is a devil-dog. I, of course agree, and that makes my neighbor keep his golden away from Ernie, lest we have a love puppy from hell.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 03:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

farmerman wrote:

Heres a youtube of my dog Ernie's breed, (the catahoula). Notice the weird "crckle" eyes, which ios a distinctive feature of this breed of hound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hMZr0BsKhk

Several years ago, an ass moved out of an apartment where I work. He told me there was a stray dog near the door. I could tell the dog was waiting at the entrance for his return. But by the time I put two and two together, he had driven away. I could have had management get involved, but I thought instead of the animal's welfare. I took him to my house for almost a week, until I was able to find a couple to give him a proper home. It was a catahoula, much like the one in the video. It was a wonderful dog, but I knew I did not have the resources to take care of him.
GOOD WORK, ED!!! KUDOs to u!

David
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 03:27 pm
@farmerman,
The couple that adopted him were young and healthy looking and assured me they know how to live with such a dog and that they live on a big enough property to accommodate him.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

@OmSigDAVID,
Thanks, david.
0 Replies

panzade

@farmerman,
Quote:
Is that "Hogzilla"?

yeah
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 04:32 pm
http://www.jasongraphix.com/static/uploads/redneckbling2.jpg
Redneck vehicles often look like this... just the other day we saw one on the road much like this, that said "Redneck Woman" over the rear window.

Another Redneck thing, in my opinion, is to put homages to dead people in the rear window of your truck. A celebrity (preferably a NASCAR one), a relative, it doesn't matter: The sticker says "John Doe 1974-2009" on it. This is, in my opinion, bizarre.

Thou must also have the largest possible dog. A more aggressive dog is even better, and NINE or more aggressive dogs are even better than that!

Here's my first dog ever:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2654/4232372632_ab94016392.jpg
BIG, I tell ya! But he was a softie, squeaking his toys at strangers, which did NOT intimidate them at all...

Oh, he was a Rottweiller/Doberman/Shepherd mix, as far as we could tell. A very kindly and obedient dog.
farmerman

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 04:46 pm
@BorisKitten,
We call that breed "The Shrotterman"
BorisKitten

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 06:47 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

We call that breed "The Shrotterman"

Der What?

Duh!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 07:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
Best watch dog we ever had was the neighbor's duck, named "foxy". She never quacked about dogs, only humans in the alley...
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 09:22 pm
@ossobuco,
Most of the dogs I have owned preferred to have me do the protecting. They were useless as watchdogs.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 09:46 pm
@edgarblythe,
Still I remember one of our resident docs who had a yard full of german shepherds - and he was quite the lit maven, remember him well, Mike Derechin, if I spell it right.

I gather he was spot on re dog training. He told of the time someone tried to get into their house and the primo dog came and nosed him (who was asleep) and went right back to the door. The burglar worked the lock to face the shepherd...

I don't remember the denouement except that since the guy was an md, he'd have just wanted to stop the dork, not have the dog maul him.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 09:50 pm
@ossobuco,
One ex brother in law was a Houston Police detective. He had a pack of well trained Dobermans. They had been alerted that I was ok to have around, but they frightened me enough I made certain we were never alone together. They once trapped a meter reader in the back yard. They did not harm him, but they did not allow him to move until they were discovered like that, five hours later. I did not witness, but my bro in law told it to me like that.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 09:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
One would imagine that if the piss were not already scared outta the poor man, it might have found release prior to your brother's return.

(he got paid for it, same if he'd been walkin' all afternoon...)

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 10:01 pm
@Rockhead,
Those were the evilest looking animals I ever saw.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 10:04 pm
@edgarblythe,
whereas my business partner back in north north was involved with dobies from a championship line, plus, the one I knew first, the one she saw thrown off a truck on the freeway and pulled over and lifted to her truck cab (she is a ballsy broad, knowledgeable re animals). She paid for its pelvis to be fixed, not sure of all the details. That dog was always skittish, but we liked him. Her next, can't remember where she got him from, maybe or maybe not her sister, who raises well bred dobies. And the next (we've known each other over many years) was a puppy from the championship line with only one descended testicle. That was Pacco's best friend.

We used to have them both at the gallery at openings, back in the early times, especially when the lil dobie was little, but we got over it and left them home.

As I remember, that line may have had a softie quality, some kind of knock on the circuit. But, what do I know, nothing. I just know I loved that last dobie and so did Pacco.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 10:05 pm
@edgarblythe,
I had a big female Dobi long time ago.

She'd been abused, and was super timid.

I put her in a little shop I was running to keep my tools safe at night.

no more tools. one more timid dog...

I give her to a farmer friend, and she was lots happier guarding sheeps.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 10:12 pm
@Rockhead,
Yeh. I've seen more timid dobies - and sweet ones - than I have the aggressives.

This is tricky, as timid can mean suddenly aggressive.

I've more time with the sweet and happy dobies.
0 Replies