Amanda Knox

oralloy

Sun 19 May, 2013 03:45 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
oralloy wrote:
That doesn't really answer my question as to what they do when a country like Italy commits grave violations of someone's human rights.

Sorry, but that's how it's established by the European Convention on Human Rights.

The European Convention on Human Rights bars you from explaining how the court remedies grave violations of someone's human rights?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sun 19 May, 2013 03:57 am
@oralloy,
I think it to be quite a bit snotty to call a legal system, which follows Roman Law/Code Civil a "third-world legal system".

But certainly you may have this opinion.
oralloy

Sun 19 May, 2013 04:06 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I think it to be quite a bit snotty to call a legal system, which follows Roman Law/Code Civil a "third-world legal system".

Well, it's the truth.

If there is one thing that I never shy away from, it's telling the absolute truth without any reservations whatsoever.

Walter Hinteler wrote:
But certainly you may have this opinion.

You are a bit confused on what are facts and what are opinions.

This is a fact: "Italy has a third-world legal system."

This is an opinion: "I think it is terrible that Italy has a third world legal system. Someone should conquer them and forcibly civilize them."
Walter Hinteler

Sun 19 May, 2013 05:10 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
This is another of your opinions.

oralloy wrote:

That depends on what you call "third world".
And, of course, why you think, common law to be a second or first world legal system.
oralloy

Sun 19 May, 2013 05:37 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
oralloy wrote:

This is another of your opinions.

No. You are incorrectly labeling facts as opinions.

Walter Hinteler wrote:
oralloy wrote:

That depends on what you call "third world".

Corrupt, backwards, ignorant, incompetent, unjust, uncivilized, and based on superstition over science.

Walter Hinteler wrote:
And, of course, why you think, common law to be a second or first world legal system.

My condemnation of Italy is not intended as an endorsement of other nations.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 19 May, 2013 03:36 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Seems like they do something of some sort.

That's your opinion.

According to a chart on this page, they've convicted Italy of human rights violations 2,166 times:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europ%E4ischer_Gerichtshof_f%FCr_Menschenrechte

That is second only to Turkey (2,747), and twice as bad as third-place Russia (1,212).

Note: Those are facts, not opinions.
oralloy

Sun 19 May, 2013 03:47 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Seems like they do something of some sort.

That's your opinion.

According to a chart on this page, they've convicted Italy of human rights violations 2,166 times:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europ%E4ischer_Gerichtshof_f%FCr_Menschenrechte

That is second only to Turkey (2,747), and twice as bad as third-place Russia (1,212).

Note: Those are facts, not opinions.

I hear Italy's new slogan is going to be: "Our human rights violations may be twice as bad as Russia's, but at least we aren't quite as bad as Turkey."

And poor KGB Putin is left wondering what he has to do to become Europe's #1 bad guy. No matter how much he brutally crushes freedom and democracy, no matter how much he throws singers in prison for writing protest songs, those third-world Italians outdo him every single time.
Walter Hinteler

Mon 20 May, 2013 12:26 am
@oralloy,
Hmmm. I think there is a reason why the Conservatives in the UK want pulling out of European obligations on rights altogether and 'consider very carefully our relationship' with the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR). Wink
Walter Hinteler

Mon 20 May, 2013 01:13 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Btw: all the data and information can be found on the court's website.

http://i41.tinypic.com/96x2yw.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/bis7bt.jpg
izzythepush

Mon 20 May, 2013 03:10 am
@Walter Hinteler,
You remind me of this guy.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l1irk4jZhm1qzvvf2o1_400.png

Although I think he's having more success.
Walter Hinteler

Mon 20 May, 2013 03:17 am
@izzythepush,
But only, because he could talk to the animals!
izzythepush

Mon 20 May, 2013 03:21 am
@Walter Hinteler,
You can't be faulted for want of trying.
oralloy

Mon 20 May, 2013 04:28 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Hmmm. I think there is a reason why the Conservatives in the UK want pulling out of European obligations on rights altogether and 'consider very carefully our relationship' with the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR). Wink

Btw: all the data and information can be found on the court's website.

So now you agree with me that the European Court of Human Rights actually does do something?
oralloy

Mon 20 May, 2013 04:43 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You can't be faulted for want of trying.

Still doing your part to prove that Palestinians are vermin?

Good. Keep on making it clear that the only people who support the Palestinians, also support sending innocent people to prison.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Mon 20 May, 2013 08:27 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

So now you agree with me that the European Court of Human Rights actually does do something?
I don't remember that I ever said something different.
oralloy

Mon 20 May, 2013 08:47 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
oralloy wrote:

I don't remember that I ever said something different.

A page or so back when I said that they must do something of some sort, you replied that that was only my opinion.
Walter Hinteler

Mon 20 May, 2013 09:01 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

A page or so back when I said that they must do something of some sort, you replied that that was only my opinion.
Your last question was generally - I do know (personally) that and how they work.
Your question before was more specific - they don't work in a special case, just because you say so.
oralloy

Mon 20 May, 2013 05:39 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
oralloy wrote:

Your last question was generally - I do know (personally) that and how they work.
Your question before was more specific - they don't work in a special case, just because you say so.

No, my previous question was also generally.

You claimed that they do not remedy grave violations of human rights by overturning lower rulings.

I responded by asking what they do then, to remedy such violations (a question which has not yet been answered).

I've never claimed to control what cases they choose to hear. However, I have no doubt that they will choose to hear Amanda and Raffaele's appeal. This case is one of the biggest peacetime human rights violations in European history. It will be a moral blight on their record if they do not take it up.

If my faith in the European Court of Human Rights is misplaced, I also have faith that Karma will rectify any injustice that they leave unresolved. In a few years Guede will be set free in a college town to prey on all the young women there. When that happens, the potential for disaster will be limitless.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 28 May, 2013 09:14 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

New York Times best seller list for the week ending May 18, 2013:

#12 Hardcover:
http://www.nytimes.com/best-sellers-books/2013-06-02/hardcover-nonfiction/list.html

#10 Print and E-book Combined:
http://www.nytimes.com/best-sellers-books/2013-06-02/combined-print-and-e-book-nonfiction/list.html
McTag

Wed 29 May, 2013 03:16 am
@oralloy,

So a lot of people other than you are wallowing in this, eh?

I think she should be in prison, not swanning round the book interviews.