19

Amanda Knox

lmur

3  
Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2016 06:18 am
@oralloy,
I'm astonished Trump didn't nominate Knox for Secretary of State.

0  
Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 04:52 pm
@lmur,
lmur wrote:

I'm not sure that she has diplomatic experience.

0  
Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 04:53 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
In a few days, an Italian court will have a hearing on Rudy Guede's request for leave to appeal his conviction.

Guede's leave for appeal denied. Denial likely to be appealed to cassation:
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/3ba44e4b68b34e3c8f310f7471985b86/court-mulls-acquittal-petition-british-students-murder

Earlier article that I just happened to come across right now:
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/4dbb561c1e3b4a529641578d4e8e1e3a

oralloy wrote:
In a way it is academic. The witch hunt against Amanda and Raffaele backfired and caused Guede to get his LIFE sentence halved to 30 years, and then halved again to 16 years. He'll be out in a few more years now no matter how the court rules.

Shifting gears slightly: I wonder if anyone will ever figure out what was up with the bomb threat.

On January 16, 2017, the Florence Court of Appeal will decide on Raffaele Sollecito's request for compensation (€516,000) for wrongful imprisonment for nearly four years in prison (at the end of the article, in Italian):
http://www.lanazione.it/firenze/cronaca/delitto-meredith-kercher-revisione-processo-guede-1.2808110

Half a million would just be normal compensation if the state had committed no wrongdoing. I think he's also suing for all the civil rights violations that he has suffered.
ossobucotemp

1  
Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 05:15 pm
I'm the person who started this thread and had it scoured to oblivion.

As I said in the first place, I distrusted the prosecutor --- in my opening post, as I had read about him in ital news earlier.
ossobucotemp

1  
Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2017 05:37 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I still do not not know, whatever.

I also still liked Perugia when I was there.

-1  
Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2017 11:24 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:
I still do not not know, whatever.

The evidence is clear. Guede broke in through the window, cut Kercher's throat, then raped her as the blood was spraying from her neck.

Then Guede took Kercher's phones so she could not summon aid (she would have lived at that point had aid been summoned), locked her in her room (the door required a key to unlock from either side), took her money, and went out dancing at a nightclub (using her money) while she slowly drowned in her own blood on the floor of her room.

Given the total of all the crimes that Guede committed that night, Italian law says Guede should serve a LIFE sentence (even after opting for a fast track trial). He would have been eligible for parole after 26 years, but that parole would never have been granted and he would have actually stayed in prison for life.

But as a result of the Kercher family's efforts to persecute Amanda and Raffaele, Guede was not convicted of stealing Meredith's money because no one could be sure who took it. Guede was not even charged with breaking in through the window because they were pretending there was no break in. As a result, Guede was sentenced only to 30 years (about half of what he would have served had there been no effort to persecute Amanda and Raffaele).

Then when Amanda and Raffaele were given mitigating circumstances due to their innocence, Guede had to be given the same mitigating circumstances because everyone was pretending they were all in it together. That halved Guede's sentence again and now he'll be out of prison in a few years.

The Kercher family can stand as a moral lesson to the world. Don't go persecuting innocent people or you might end up denying yourself justice. It's going to be wonderful watching the Kerchers' reaction when Guede goes free after serving only a quarter of the time that he should have served considering the brutality of his crime.

I confess that I'm still very angry about the whole thing. I wish that someone would massively desecrate Kercher's grave like I used to ask for in my sig line.

0  
Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2017 11:26 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
On January 16, 2017, the Florence Court of Appeal will decide on Raffaele Sollecito's request for compensation (€516,000) for wrongful imprisonment for nearly four years in prison.

They denied him compensation. It of course has already been appealed.

And, of course, ultimately the European Court of Human Rights will force Italy to pay Amanda and Raffaele millions of Euros.

I wish the US would sign up to the European Court of Human Rights. As human institutions go, it's one of the best.
Walter Hinteler

1  
Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2017 12:08 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
You have only six months from the date of the final decision at
domestic level (generally speaking, the judgment of the highest
court) to lodge an application. After that period your application
cannot be accepted by the Court.

0  
Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2017 12:31 am
@Walter Hinteler,
You have only six months from the date of the final decision at domestic level (generally speaking, the judgment of the highest court) to lodge an application. After that period your application cannot be accepted by the Court.

Amanda's application regarding her slander/libel conviction was lodged within the appropriate time frame.

Applications regarding appropriate compensation will come only after the legal process for compensation has concluded within Italy.

It is possible that the ECHR will order Italy to pay Amanda millions of Euros when they rule on her slander/libel conviction. Otherwise they'll do it later when they force Italy to pay Raffaele his millions.

-1  
Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2017 05:17 pm

There has been a recent push from the good guys to have Guede expelled from Italy when he is released from prison. And various Kercher vermin are all appalled and supporting Guede's right to stay in Italy.

I encourage the good guys to reconsider. While it is Guede's fault that this crime happened to begin with, Guede is not at fault for the framing of Amanda and Raffaele. Kercher vermin are at fault for the persecution of Amanda and Raffaele.

Guede getting off with an incredibly light sentence is actually Karmic justice punishing Kercher vermin for what they've done to Amanda and Raffaele.

One day Kercher vermin will fully realize that they helped Meredith's killer get away with his crime, and when they do, that realization is going to destroy them.

Therefore if Guede is allowed to live a prosperous middle class life in Italy, this should be regarded as a good thing.

Not only that, but if Guede chooses to become a repeat offender, if it happens in Perugia that will mean lots of uncomfortable questions for all of the corrupt judges who helped Kercher vermin persecute Amanda and Raffaele.

Walter Hinteler

1  
Reply Fri 5 May, 2017 05:23 am
It was during the darkest days of Amanda Knox's life that Donald Trump had publicly supported her.

Long before he became president, Trump had defended Knox, donated to her cause and urged other Americans to boycott Italy until she was cleared in the murder of her roommate in Perugia.

But after Trump entered the political arena — after Knox was acquitted by Italy's highest court and freed, for good, from Capanne prison — he reportedly became “very upset” that she had not supported him in return.

In fact, in a series of columns leading up to the election, Knox had criticized Trump's policies and joined the opposition, pledging her support for Hillary Clinton.

Knox believed she owned him a thank-you — but nothing more.
Source

Op-Ed Amanda Knox: Donald Trump supported me when I was wrongly accused of murder. What do I owe him?

0  
Reply Fri 5 May, 2017 12:26 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I didn't realize you were interested in Amanda's articles.

You can read all of her articles here:
http://www.amandaknox.com/blog/