Amanda Knox

oralloy

Tue 26 Mar, 2013 09:04 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
Guilty! Probably.

Nope. The evidence has been clear from the beginning that she and Raffaele are innocent.

McTag wrote:
Will she attend the trial?

No.

Will Italy be able to conduct the new trial AND have Cassation sign off on the result before the end of 2014 when the charges are automatically dropped because seven years has passed?
0 Replies

McTag

Tue 26 Mar, 2013 04:12 pm

Knox claimed she spent the night of the murder at Sollecito's flat.
Then she came home, found the front door open, and blood in the bathroom.
Yet she took a shower in that bathroom before calling the police.

What?
oralloy

Tue 26 Mar, 2013 06:41 pm
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
Knox claimed she spent the night of the murder at Sollecito's flat.
Then she came home, found the front door open, and blood in the bathroom.
Yet she took a shower in that bathroom before calling the police.

What?

She did not see a lot of blood, that would lead someone to think a serious injury had occurred. She only saw a little bit of blood, consistent with a minor injury.

Otherwise, yes. That is what happened.
McTag

Wed 27 Mar, 2013 05:52 am
@oralloy,

Quote:
Otherwise, yes. That is what happened.

Some are yet to be convinced.

Front door open, blood in flat, flatmate unexpectedly missing, flat seems to be empty but contains a mangled cadaver.

But hey, no panic, have a shower, plenty of time to call police later.

Her behaviour afterwards was very odd too. Quite relaxed, unconcerned. Jokey. A very odd young woman.
oralloy

Wed 27 Mar, 2013 06:26 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
Some are yet to be convinced.

Like the Kerchers?

They are just trying to use Meredith's murder to make money by persecuting innocent people.

I wonder how long it'll be before Amanda loses patience and sues the Kerchers.

I bet they still have Meredith's bedroom still as she left it. I'd love to see their faces if they lose that house to Amanda in a lawsuit.

---

I need to think up a new sigline I think. Obama's assault on our Constitution is largely thwarted, and after yesterday's outrage, something that is very offensive to the Kerchers needs to take its place.

But not something that can be misconstrued as a threat and used against me. And not something with a lot of four letter words that would be out of place on A2K. Just something that would make a Kercher vomit if they ever read it.

McTag wrote:
Front door open, blood in flat,

There was not a lot of blood visible in the apartment. Keep in mind they did not go into Meredith's room.

The door had a habit of not latching. Maybe slightly unusual for it to be open since they all knew to be careful latching it, but not a sign of anything extraordinary.

McTag wrote:
flatmate unexpectedly missing, flat seems to be empty but contains a mangled cadaver.

Nonsense. They did not know Meredith was not out for some reason, or even just shut in her room studying.

And they certainly didn't know about the body since it was shut and locked in Meredith's room.

McTag wrote:
But hey, no panic, have a shower, plenty of time to call police later.

At the time, no apparent reason to call the police at all.

McTag wrote:
Her behaviour afterwards was very odd too. Quite relaxed, unconcerned. Jokey.

No it wasn't.
oralloy

Wed 27 Mar, 2013 09:08 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
I need to think up a new sigline I think. Obama's assault on our Constitution is largely thwarted, and after yesterday's outrage, something that is very offensive to the Kerchers needs to take its place.

But not something that can be misconstrued as a threat and used against me. And not something with a lot of four letter words that would be out of place on A2K. Just something that would make a Kercher vomit if they ever read it.

Perfection.
McTag

Wed 27 Mar, 2013 12:49 pm
@oralloy,

You need professional help.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 27 Mar, 2013 01:09 pm
@McTag,
Correctional psychology ...
oralloy

Wed 27 Mar, 2013 04:25 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
McTag wrote:
You need professional help.

Correctional psychology ...

Because I get angry at monsters who send innocent people to prison in order to try to steal their money?

You two need a soul.

And I remind you guys of the effects of Karma -- both for the Kerchers and for the Italians. (And for you as well. Don't think the universe won't take notice if you willingly support atrocities.)

Guede was initially facing life in prison (effectively 20 years in prison, followed by the entire rest of his life on parole).

But because those monsters saw profit in falsely accusing innocent people, there was confusion over who took Meredith's money, and Guede was not convicted of that.

That dropped his sentence to 30 years (effectively 15 years in prison followed by 7 years parole).

That was followed by the Kerchers fighting to get corrupt Italian judges to allow fraudulent evidence into court while blocking all scrutiny of it. They succeeded in getting a conviction for two innocent people, but they weren't counting on the backlash from Karma.

Those innocent people were given mitigating circumstances when they were convicted. And since everyone was pretending the three were all in on it together, the courts had to then give Guede the same mitigating circumstances (they couldn't very well give the two white defendants mitigating circumstances that they then denied to the one non-white defendant).

That dropped Guede's sentence to 16 years (effectively 8 years in prison followed by 4 on parole).

I remind you of Guede's crime: He broke in through the window, cut Meredith's throat, then raped her as the blood was spraying from her throat. Then he took her money, took her cell phones and locked her in her room so she could not summon aid for herself, and went out dancing at a nightclub while she bled to death trapped inside her bedroom.

Do you know what the Kerchers deserve more than anything else?

They deserve to have the person who did that set free with minimal punishment.

Do you know what Italy deserves more than anything else?

They deserve to have Guede set free in a college town to roam and mingle with all the nice young women there.

Do you know what is going to happen pretty soon?

Guede is just 2½ years away from parole now.

Tempt Karma by supporting atrocities if you will. We'll see what happens when the universe has its say.
McTag

Thu 28 Mar, 2013 08:26 am
@oralloy,

Well, with all this information available even to armchair lawyers, it won't take the court of appeal long to clear this case up.

On the other hand, maybe you've too closely connected yourself to the accused to be rational or objective.
oralloy

Thu 28 Mar, 2013 11:02 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
Well, with all this information available even to armchair lawyers, it won't take the court of appeal long to clear this case up.

In a third-world hellhole like Italy?

Not likely. We're just going to have to refuse to extradite Amanda (and hopefully give Raffaele asylum) until the European Court of Human Rights overturns all the charges and tells Italy to pay them both millions of euros.

McTag wrote:
On the other hand, maybe you've too closely connected yourself to the accused to be rational or objective.

Because people only do the right thing when it benefits someone they know?

No connection whatsoever.
Walter Hinteler

Thu 28 Mar, 2013 11:32 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
We're just going to have to refuse to extradite Amanda (and hopefully give Raffaele asylum) until the European Court of Human Rights overturns all the charges and tells Italy to pay them both millions of euros.
The trial (in Florence) can be hold without her. And if Knox is convicted by the Florence court, she could appeal that verdict to the Cassation Court. (The European Court of Human Rights would never deal with a case, if the country's legal/court system isn't maxed out.)
oralloy

Thu 28 Mar, 2013 12:49 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
The trial (in Florence) can be hold without her. And if Knox is convicted by the Florence court, she could appeal that verdict to the Cassation Court. (The European Court of Human Rights would never deal with a case, if the country's legal/court system isn't maxed out.)

Correct to a point. The European Court of Human Rights will only take the case after it has finished with the courts in Italy.

But I seem to remember a rule that cases have to be resolved within seven years in Italy or the charges are automatically dropped.

Seven years runs out at the end of 2014. If the next round takes as long as the previous rounds did, they will just be wrapping up the appeal trial then.

Then when Amanda and Raffaele appeal to Cassation, time will run out and all charges will be dropped.

Except maybe for the slander charge against Amanda. There is a bit of confusion over whether Cassation just upheld that or not.

At any rate, whatever charges still stand when the process is done in Italy will be appealed to the European Court of Human Rights.

And even if there are no remaining charges, it was a violation of European Human Rights Law to incarcerate Raffaele and Amanda for four years without providing them a speedy trial, so I imagine they'll be suing for illegal (not merely unjust) detention.
oralloy

Thu 28 Mar, 2013 08:15 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
I think Kokomani was in the room with Guede and helped him kill Meredith.

I think they were working for Mignini, breaking in to steal Romanelli's computer to see what her law firm had on the Monster of Florence case.

Evidence for Kokomani's involvement:

A car with the same appearance as his car was parked outside the apartment when the killing occurred.

He made outlandish false accusations against Amanda and Raffaele.

He fled the country as soon as he was able to, and promptly went into hiding.

Not saying that is enough to convict him. Just saying I think he helped Guede do it.

(If it happened to be his semen stain that was underneath Meredith's corpse though, that would be enough to convict him.)

Evidence for Mignini's involvement:

Guede broke into Romanelli's room. She worked at a law firm that dealt with the Monster of Florence case, and her computer had details on that case.

One of Guede's other break ins was at a law firm that dealt with the Monster of Florence case. He was caught with a computer that he had stolen from that law firm.

When Mignini found out that Romanelli had taken her computer out of the room, he flipped out and had the computer immediately retrieved.

The Italian Police subsequently destroyed all the hard drives on all the computers so no one could see what happened to them in police custody.

When Guede took Meredith's phones so she could not summon aid for herself, he threw them down a ravine where they landed in someone's yard. A few hours later, there was a bomb threat called to the home where the phones landed, telling the lady that there was a bomb in her toilet. She subsequently called the Postal Police, who did not search her bathroom, but searched quite thoroughly where the phones would have landed.

They did not find the phones that night in the dark, but the lady found them in her yard the next day and turned them in to the Postal Police. The Postal Police waited until after Amanda and Raffaele called the Carabinieri, and then turned up bearing the phones. Then they lied and claimed that they had brought the phones before the call to the Carabinieri.

I wonder what the odds are that, very shortly after Meredith's phones were thrown into a ravine, at a time when no one knew she had been murdered, someone would call in a bomb threat to the very home where the phones ended up, and then the police would come and search, not where the bomb was alleged to be, but rather the spot where the phones were likely to have landed.

If all that was a coincidence, it was quite a coincidence.
oralloy

Thu 28 Mar, 2013 09:36 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
But I seem to remember a rule that cases have to be resolved within seven years in Italy or the charges are automatically dropped.

I just tried to look that up, but I didn't have a lot of luck finding good information because my searches were buried under 100 million articles about Silvio Berlusconi.

There were a couple hints though that the time limits might not apply to cases of murder.

So maybe these limits won't apply here. That would certainly explain why no one in Italy seems to be worried about them kicking in for this case.

In any case, as soon as Italy is done with the case, it's going to be appealed to the European Court of Human Rights.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 3 Apr, 2013 06:51 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Evidence for Kokomani's involvement:
A car with the same appearance as his car was parked outside the apartment when the killing occurred.

Turns out it wasn't his car.

Overall, there seems to be a better case for Mignini's involvement than for Kokomani's. For that bomb threat and subsequent behavior of the Postal Police to be mere coincidence stretches credulity to the breaking point.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 4 Apr, 2013 05:46 am
You still a virgin Oralboy?

It would explain your obsession with guns, your racism, love of violent video games, general misanathopy and your sexual obsession with a sick murdering bitch.

Unfortunately it doesn't explain your ape like intelligence. It's probably the inbreeding that accounts for that.
oralloy

Thu 4 Apr, 2013 06:37 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
a sick murdering bitch.

There are many reasons to conclude that Palestinians are vermin.

But one of the clearest reasons of all is the strong correlation between "people depraved enough to support the Palestinians" and "people depraved enough to deliberately lynch innocent people".

I'm not surprised to hear that you support lynching the innocent. You merely offer further confirmation that Palestinians are vermin.

(The fact that I disregarded your myriad lies about me to focus on your horrific assault against the innocent, should not be regarded as acceptance of those lies. It's just that defending the innocent takes precedence.)
Advocate

Thu 4 Apr, 2013 06:44 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You still a virgin Oralboy?

It would explain your obsession with guns, your racism, love of violent video games, general misanathopy and your sexual obsession with a sick murdering bitch.

Unfortunately it doesn't explain your ape like intelligence. It's probably the inbreeding that accounts for that.

Wow, what a vicious and disgusting post. I guess you feel unequiped to post intelligently and, thus, must resort to disgusting personal attacks.
izzythepush

Thu 4 Apr, 2013 06:45 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
There are many reasons to conclude that Palestinians are vermin.

Only if you're a nazi piece of ****. And that's exactly what you are.

I never realised such a lowlife piece of crap could actually exist. You have no positive attributes whatsoever. Even Hitler was nice to his dog.