Amanda Knox

oralloy

Tue 4 Oct, 2011 12:04 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Note: the Italians are starting to RIOT in response to the verdict.

(No, I'm not joking. Though at this point I don't know how serious it will be. Suppose it could still quickly blow over.)

Turns out that it was Italian Police officers in plainclothes causing the ruckus.

Wonder if the freaks yelling insults after the conviction in 2009 were the same. Bet they were.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 4 Oct, 2011 12:06 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:
Oralloy wrote:
Because of the horrible way he has slandered Amanda in the media

Was it not the other way round?.

Nope. It wasn't.

Nice try though.

eurocelticyankee wrote:
Stupid boy

Point of information: My IQ is ten times higher than yours and ossobuco's combined.
oralloy

Tue 4 Oct, 2011 12:07 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
Amanda's conviction overturned.
G00d.

Laughing

Nice play at sour grapes.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 4 Oct, 2011 12:08 pm
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
What a mealy-mouthed and hypocritical statement from the judge when he stated "guilty of defamation, sentence three years and costs" before he acquitted them.
This being the time already served, this is presumably purely to deflect expected claims coming in the direction of the courts.

It won't work. If Cassation doesn't overturn it, the European Court of Human Rights will.

Greedy Lumumba isn't going to get his grubby paws on a single penny of Amanda's money.

And Italy will have to pay Amanda and Raffaele millions.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Tue 4 Oct, 2011 12:11 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
Italian and British tabloids portrayed Amanda Knox unfairly.

Hey, JW, you've found your voice. Good on ya. How come you can come on like gangbusters for this issue but you're silent as a lamb, or even worse, pounding out propaganda to cover much much much more heinous events/crimes?

How is that possible?

I only do that to irritate you, JTT. Smile
oralloy

Tue 4 Oct, 2011 12:11 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:
I completely disagree! What do you know about the Italian legal system?

I can answer that one. It's a third-world hellhole devoted to intentionally convicting the innocent.

CalamityJane wrote:
Knox was acquitted, it doesn't mean she's innocent.

The evidence has been clear from the beginning that Amanda and Raffaele are innocent.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 4 Oct, 2011 12:12 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
I guess I should explain my take.
I said good not because I'm american. I don't particularly like Amanda, though she may have matured in these intervening years.

Amanda's maturity has always been just fine. You'll do anything to slander the innocent.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 4 Oct, 2011 12:13 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:
Have you seen this?

Quote:
http://chzdailywhat.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/0bad1728-ccd1-40d0-a641-f4de391454bb.jpg

Whoopsie Daisy of the Day: Pre-writing two different articles in advance of a news story with two possible outcomes is a fairly common practice in journalistic circles. But publishing the wrong one is not.

The Daily Mail inadvertently pressed the post button on the article that claimed Amanda Knox had lost her appeal — mere moments after the 24-year-old Seattleite had her murder conviction overturned by an Italian jury.

“The Daily Fail” was not alone in their dumb erratum: The Sun had also published a headline claiming Knox has been found “guilty of killing Meredith Kercher.” Slightly less embarrassing was The Guardian‘s incorrect live-blog update, which said that “Knox has lost her appeal.”

All three publications have since stripped their sites of the false reports, but, for The Daily Mail and The Sun, damning URLs remain as warnings to others who would pen a priori posts.

Nick Pisa and the Daily Mail are likely be one of the prime targets when Amanda sues everyone for libel (not because of this piece in particular though).
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 4 Oct, 2011 12:14 pm
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

Wow. Talk about a dishonest article. Who wrote that tripe?

Oh. Never mind. Just went back to see after I asked the question. It was written by one of the guilter book authors who's about to be sued for libel.

Hope he has his assets in liquid form so they can be efficiently transferred into Amanda and Raffale's bank accounts.
ossobuco

Tue 4 Oct, 2011 12:16 pm
@Ragman,
I have to agree with Calamity Jane, and I know, as I believe she does, a moderate amount about the italian legal system, its flaws and better aspects.
oralloy

Tue 4 Oct, 2011 12:21 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
I have to agree with Calamity Jane,

The evidence has been clear from the beginning that Amanda and Raffaele are innocent.
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Tue 4 Oct, 2011 12:31 pm
@oralloy,
Oralboy said YET again
Quote:
Point of information: My IQ is ten times higher than yours and ossobuco's combined.
You are like a broken record, so predictable and so boring.
STUPID BOY

For the record I believe the girl is innocent, but so is the bar owner.
He was dragged in to this through no fault of his own. He would not
be in any way involved were it not for the statement made by Knox.
Whether that statement was coerced or not is not his fault, now is it?.

But back to your IQ or should I say your inflated ego. Nobody with
any common sense would come out with the statements you make.

Quote:
It's a third-world hellhole devoted to intentionally convicting the innocent.
Let me guess you've probably never set foot in Italy,
but like an idiot you'll condemn the whole country over one case.
Because of course this couldn't happen in another country like say
America for instance, now could it?. STUPID BOY>

Quote:
Greedy Lumumba isn't going to get his grubby paws
Do you know the man, do you really know anything about the man,
of course not.STUPID BOY

Like I said you're an embarrassment to humanity, of which you have none.
YOU STUPID BOY

I'm just curious did your parents ever mention words like "Manners, Fairness,
Objectivity, Courtesy, Respect and Balance
" to you because
you seem to have gone off the rails somewhere along the way and I'm just
wondering where you ever on them.
JTT

Tue 4 Oct, 2011 12:54 pm
@wandeljw,
Quote:
I only do that to irritate you, JTT.

That doesn't irritate me, JW. It makes me feel very sorry for you.

You do realize just how that makes you look, don't you?
Ragman

Tue 4 Oct, 2011 01:15 pm
@ossobuco,
What are you disagreeing with? The fact that Italy has a flawed system of jurisprudence? Was not the investigation flawed? Is the following not true? :
"Italy will have to pay Amanda and Raffaele millions. "

Amanda Knox sentence was overturned. This gov't's system is flawed - just like many others. Where is there a disagreement? The publicity that ensued , as vile as it was, may have helped expose the flaws and justice was served.
wandeljw

Tue 4 Oct, 2011 01:16 pm
@JTT,
I don't know how it makes me look. Your posting style, however, makes you look like spendius.
wandeljw

Tue 4 Oct, 2011 01:22 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:
For the record I believe the girl is innocent, but so is the bar owner.
He was dragged in to this through no fault of his own. He would not
be in any way involved were it not for the statement made by Knox.

In an all-night interrogation session, the Perugia Police suggested the bar owner to Knox. They confronted Knox with a text message that she sent to the bar owner. At the time, it was the police who theorized that Lumumba (the bar owner and boss of Knox) was involved. The police did not know about Guede until days later.
JTT

Tue 4 Oct, 2011 01:27 pm
@wandeljw,
Quote:
I don't know how it makes me look.

Well, for one thing, it makes you look really disingenuous, but you knew that already because that is your main purpose in so many of your postings.

It illustrates that you are an apologist for war crimes/war criminals/terrorists.

Quote:
Your posting style, however, makes you look like spendius.

You really shouldn't keep bringing that up, JW. You've never been able to address the things that Spendius posts. That's simply another issue that illustrates your basic dishonesty.
JTT

Tue 4 Oct, 2011 01:30 pm
@wandeljw,
WandelJW, right there with the "facts".

Again, JW, the facts pointing to US war crimes and US terrorism are voluminous and yet all you do is attempt misdirection. Why?
wandeljw

Tue 4 Oct, 2011 01:31 pm
@JTT,
Laughing

I was right! You are very much like spendius!
Ragman

Tue 4 Oct, 2011 01:38 pm
@JTT,
US war crimes...huh? Where out in left field are you?