Amanda Knox

ossobuco

Mon 26 Apr, 2010 09:58 pm
I punted - why would I read wild kill them type of railings?

I still don't know who did what or why. I remain interested.
oralloy

Tue 27 Apr, 2010 01:01 am
@Francis,
Francis wrote:
You are purposefully lying and I just said so.

Liar. You can't point to one thing I've said that is untrue.

(Hypocrite also, as your allegation that I lied, is a lie. In short, you are a dishonest sleazebag.)

Francis wrote:
No interest is discussing a case you obviously made your mind on based on prejudices about an entire people..

Actually I made up my mind based on the evidence. Evidence that I quite clearly posted. Luckily your dishonesty can't hide the evidence.
oralloy

Tue 27 Apr, 2010 01:02 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
I punted - why would I read wild kill them type of railings?

Your characterization of my posts is an outright lie.

You will clearly resort to any level of dishonesty to justify this atrocity.

ossobuco wrote:
I still don't know who did what or why. I remain interested.

Bull. You resort to absurd levels of disingenuousness to justify what is quite clearly the malicious prosecution of clearly innocent people.

Your above mischaracterization of my posts is merely the latest example of that.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 27 Apr, 2010 03:24 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Francis wrote:
You are purposefully lying and I just said so.

Liar. You can't point to one thing I've said that is untrue.

Francis seems to hope that by falsely accusing me of lying, he can obscure the truth and lend support to this atrocity.

I'd like any readers to take note of my willingness to defend any statement I've made. And more importantly, to take note of the fact that, while Frances is pretty free with his accusations, he will not point to a single supposedly untrue statement I've made.

(Maybe Francis is used to a legal system where it is routine to convict innocent people based on nothing but baseless accusations.... Wink )
0 Replies

wandeljw

Tue 27 Apr, 2010 02:52 pm
I am not an attorney. To me, it seems that the jury in Amanda's trial was presented with a great deal of "circumstantial" evidence. The general public may have a negative impression about the value of "circumstantial evidence," but such evidence plays a role in both U.S. and European legal systems.
oralloy

Tue 27 Apr, 2010 07:46 pm
@wandeljw,
wandeljw wrote:
I am not an attorney. To me, it seems that the jury in Amanda's trial was presented with a great deal of "circumstantial" evidence. The general public may have a negative impression about the value of "circumstantial evidence," but such evidence plays a role in both U.S. and European legal systems.

The problem with the circumstantial evidence is not that it was circumstantial, but that it was clearly fraudulent.

No judge who was interested in justice would have even allowed such clearly fraudulent evidence to be presented in court.

In this case, the judges not only allowed it in court, they went out of their way to ensure that the defense was unable to have any of the fraudulent evidence examined by a neutral expert: http://www.seattlepi.com/local/411007_knox09.html

In addition, even if the supposed circumstantial evidence was not clearly fraudulent, there is quite a bit of concrete evidence that Guede did the killing alone. He has a very long criminal record of breaking in through windows to rob places, while carrying a big knife, using the same MO that was used in the break in here. And Guede was the only person to leave DNA on the victim and in the victim, the only person to leave fingerprints at the murder scene (and in the victim's blood no less), and the only person to leave his DNA on the purse the victim's money was stolen from.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 9 May, 2010 02:26 pm
Italy declined to appeal Guede's sentence cut:

http://perugia-shock.blogspot.com/2010/05/rudi-guedes-last-appeal.html

That means he'll be up for parole in a few years now.

Oh well. That's what happens when you are so busy lynching innocent people that you lose sight of the guilty ones. Maybe I'll buy Guede a bowie knife when he gets out.

The important thing now is to force Italy to free Amanda and Raffaele and pay them fair compensation.

I really hope we go to war to do it. Would be really cool to turn on the TV and see a huge pile of dead Italians.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sun 9 May, 2010 02:27 pm
Italy's trying to put more innocent people in prison:

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/news/article-1997554-detail/article.html
ossobuco

Sun 9 May, 2010 04:20 pm
@oralloy,
So, Francis and Raphillon, have you read Carofiglio's books?
Read Midnight in Sicily by Peter Robb?
I'd be interested in your takes on those.
On Sicily, I've read some sicilian writers over the years, names not at the tip of my tongue right now, though still among my books.
ossobuco

Sun 9 May, 2010 06:23 pm
@ossobuco,
ok, Sciascia is whom I am thinking of first
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo Sciascia
ossobuco

Sun 9 May, 2010 06:29 pm
@ossobuco,
fixing link -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo_Sciascia
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 12 Jun, 2010 04:04 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
So, Francis and Raphillon, have you read Carofiglio's books?
Read Midnight in Sicily by Peter Robb?
I'd be interested in your takes on those.
On Sicily, I've read some sicilian writers over the years, names not at the tip of my tongue right now, though still among my books.

Anything to change the subject from Italy's atrocity, huh?

I'd love to be a witness when Karma catches up with you.
ossobuco

Thu 24 Jun, 2010 07:58 pm
@oralloy,
Bingo.
McTag

Fri 25 Jun, 2010 12:08 am
@oralloy,

I think Knox is guilty.
oralloy

Fri 25 Jun, 2010 08:57 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
oralloy wrote:
ossobuco wrote:
I think Oralloy knows the one italian he mentioned earlier.

No, just someone I had a brief civil conversation with online. (And I've burnt that bridge already. They don't like me there anymore. :-)

Bingo.

They don't like me because I responded to some horrific comments on that board by saying things that are more horrific than you are capable of imagining.

You don't like me because you support putting innocent honors students in prison and you don't like me pointing out the truth.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 25 Jun, 2010 08:58 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
I think Knox is guilty.

You've said that before. Funny how you always fail to address the fact that there is zero evidence of her guilt, is massive evidence that Guede did it alone, and is massive evidence that the Italians are intentionally convicting people knowing they are innocent.

I think you are an evil person who like seeing innocent honors students put in prison.
djjd62

Fri 25 Jun, 2010 09:34 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
I think you are an evil person who like seeing innocent honors students put in prison.

don't make you a bad person
oralloy

Fri 25 Jun, 2010 09:46 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
oralloy wrote:

don't make you a bad person

You're asking if that makes me a bad person?

No it doesn't. I'm not a monster that supports putting innocent people in prison.
Cycloptichorn

Fri 25 Jun, 2010 09:47 am
@oralloy,
You just support killing them, that's all. One a day, right?

Cycloptichorn
djjd62

Fri 25 Jun, 2010 09:48 am
@oralloy,
no i meant supporting jailing innocent honour students doesn't make you a bad person

honour students think so great, oooh, look at me i'm an honour student, i say lock a few up, bring them back down to earth