Four cops offed in WA

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2009 06:03 am
@Merry Andrew,
David wrote:
U LOSE, because u made a fool of yourself.

Merry Andrew wrote:

It would appear that the majority of the posters on this thread
disagree with you, Dave. My posts keep garnering 'thumbs up'
while more and more A2kers are putting you on 'ignore' or,
at least, collapsing your ranting and raving posts.
That was (and continues) foreseeable. I chose to post on a predominantly liberal website.
It woud be relatively unproductive for me to post on a libertarian site,
to have people tell me that:
"NOW I agree with u even more than I did before u posted."

Qua "ranting and raving":
I am having a rollicking good time, addressing your posts, Andy.
There is a lot of freedom in cyberspace to robustly enjoy life.

Merry Andrew wrote:

(And, btw, I've not ever had you on 'ignore' nor are any of your posts
collapsed on my computer. You're far too hilarious to ignore.)
Thank u for your kind words, Andy. I don 't remember the reason that I put u on Ignore.
For the most part, I reserve that for posters who combine abhorent obscenity with caustic malevolence.
I don t remember my reasoning in consigning u there.
In retrospect: I 'm wondering whether I made a mistake in putting u on Ignore.
I doubt that I will do it again. From your recent posts: u don't deserve to be there.

I have thoroughly enjoyed our interaction on your thread.
U r genuinely interesting; I have yet to figure u out.

David
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2009 09:23 pm
I LOVE how everyone who helped this COP KILLER evade capture is being brought up on charges. It sends a fantastic message: help cop killers and you will get your ass reamed!
Wilso

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2009 10:00 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

It woud have been a better ending
if one of the other customers, with a good angle on the killer,
had been armed and had opened up on the killer, taking him out, but alas,
the other customers were probably all busy obaying gun control laws.

In THAT sense, this is another victory for gun control.

Every time I think that you can't possibly become a bigger fuckwit than you already are, you prove me wrong.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 08:28 am
@hawkeye10,
Has it been ascertained
whether the victims were chosen at random ?

or

whether he bore specific malice toward these particular police ?
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 10:00 am
@Wilso,
Wilso, if you only knew how much more safe you were in the wild west.

T
K
O
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 10:20 am
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:

Wilso, if you only knew how much more safe you were in the wild west.

T
K
O
It really WAS relatively safe from injuries by gunfire there.
Contrary notions were foisted upon the public for profit, exploiting their gullibility
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 10:30 am

OK: here 's a fun, imaginary scenario in a coffeeshop:
many known leaders of the gun control movement are feasting on its fine food,
when Cho (or other killer, whatever name) arrives n opens up on them
and begins massacreing the gun control leaders, that he chose at random,
not knowing who thay were.

Nearby, is a dining group of American gun owners.
What do thay do in the circumstances?
Answer: NOTHING
Diest TKO

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 10:36 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Here's an equally dumb scenario.

A building is burning and a group of American gun owners arrive just in time to put out the fire by shooting bullets into the blaze. The flames magically disappear and finally the U.S. of God-given America sees that guns can keep us safe.

Thank you white Jesus for the gift of guns
K
O
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 10:51 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Uh... I'm not sure what you're trying to convince anyone of here. How about, you make a good argument that we should do all in our power to keep the guns out of the hands of people who would walk into a coffee shop and kill people.

Nobody vigilante hero in the coffee shop needed to have a gun to prevent this. To prevent this, a man with a very clear history of violence (and even violence to cops) and other assorted crimes should have not been free to walk the streets. Compound to this that he had been demonstrating odd behaviors associated with being mentally ill.

If a patron of the coffee shop had a gun, they might have shot and killed this guy. I'm inclined to believe that the cops would still be dead. You aren't offering a solution at all.

T
K
O
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 11:11 am
@Merry Andrew,
Straw man & appeal to authority arguments; you're really good at this debating thing.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 11:22 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Contrary notions were foisted upon the public for profit, exploiting their gullibility

Absolutely true. And one of the reasons for this was that most Western towns of the post-Civil War era had ordinances against the carrying of weapons within town premises. You hadda check your irons when you came in to pick up the mail or get loaded at the saloon. One of the proximate causes of the famous gunfight at the OK Corral in Tuscon, AZ was that the Earp brothers, peace officers, assisted by professional gambler John "Doc" Holliday, were trying to disarm the Lowery and McCain brothers. They were suspected of carrying firearms against town ordinances. There was a similar law in Dodge City. Some historians of the period suspect that the only reason people like the Earps, who were essentially businessmen, took jobs as peace officers was so that they could openly carry guns.

Know your history, David.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 12:51 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:

Quote:

Absolutely true. And one of the reasons for this was that most Western towns of the post-Civil War era had ordinances against the carrying of weapons within town premises. You hadda check your irons when you came in to pick up the mail or get loaded at the saloon. One of the proximate causes of the famous gunfight at the OK Corral in Tuscon, AZ was that the Earp brothers, peace officers, assisted by professional gambler John "Doc" Holliday, were trying to disarm the Lowery and McCain brothers. They were suspected of carrying firearms against town ordinances. There was a similar law in Dodge City. Some historians of the period suspect that the only reason people like the Earps, who were essentially businessmen, took jobs as peace officers was so that they could openly carry guns.

Know your history, David.
That is true (except about the McCain brothers).
Know your history, Andy!
We know that there was a lot of bad blood between them b4 the OK Corral.

However, that coud have easily been avoided
(if the citizens of the time had wanted to)
by stepping over the town line a few feet away,
if thay 'd chosen to resolve their differences violently.
Thay usually did not.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 01:26 pm
What about the Clantons?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 02:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

What about the Clantons?
Yeah, thay were very nice, too.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 02:45 pm
When I was in Phuket earlier this year I went to a shooting range, because I'd never shot a pistol before. I had a go at a 9mm auto, and shot about 72 I think from memory, and a .38 revolver, which was harder. This was a controlled environment, with an instructor showing how to hold and aim the weapon properly, wearing ear muffs, shooting at a stationary target 10 yards away. What was obvious is that in order to be proficient in using one of these weapons it would be necessary to fire multiple rounds, several times a week. This deluded ******* moron, wants to put weapons in the hands of everyone (I would surmise there are insufficient facilities in the US to enable 300 million people to remain permanently firearms proficient). And then they are supposed to use these weapons, in volatile and uncontrolled situations. Most people would be lucky to hit anything in the same compass direction as they are shooting, and the innocent would be in as much danger as the guilty. David, not only are you one of the biggest fuckwits on the face of the earth, you're an extremely dangerous fuckwit. So **** off to some redneck site, and dribble your pathetic bullshit with other worthless assholes like yourself.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2009 08:46 am
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:
Four. Armed. Trained. Ready willing and able.

What happened, OmSigDavid? Wrong cal. guns they were carrying?

The perils of condition white.....
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2009 08:49 am
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:
And if it didn't help save the lives of pros why do you keep insisting that it is good self-defense for the average civilian with no urban combat training?

Most likely he insists on it because he is aware that it is the truth.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2009 08:53 am
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:
What I did say in the introduction to this thread was that the fact that four well-trained and well-armed police officers were gunned down in seconds kind of defeats your argument that going around heeled, packing serious heat, is the universal antidote to becoming a vic tim. Inasmuch as these officers obviously became victims I don't see how you can counter that.

Actually it is quite easy to counter. The fact that having a gun did not result in a successful defense in this situation in no way means that guns will not be useful for self-defense in all situations.
oralloy

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2009 08:58 am
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Every time I think that you can't possibly become a bigger fuckwit than you already are, you prove me wrong.

His wish that someone could have prevented the crime was entirely reasonable.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 5 Dec, 2009 09:12 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

+1

More citizens need to be armed so that they can protect themselves and others from fuckwits like this cop-killer.

Chances are good that if more citizens were armed this piece of trash would have been offed years ago.
0 Replies