Fighting with your significant other about idiotic things.

Gala

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 02:50 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Im just happy that the boy is finally hooking up.

You make a good point, but they both held onto it and would not let it go.

At this moment, kicky hangs his new shower curtain with bile coursing through his veins.

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 02:57 pm
bile coursing through the veins is like viagara. See my previous post about makeup sex and make bile ade out of bile.
Gala

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 03:00 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
What else is she going to want to weigh in on?

Maybe she weighed in so heavily because she thinks she's taking the relationship to a deeper level. Before this altercation she was probably eyeballing his curtain choices and daydreaming about how it would look better.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 03:02 pm
@kickycan,
Your place, your shower curtain, your decision. Generally. Unless she's buying it.

She can haul around her own vinyl shower liner in her purse if she's such a freak about your shower/shower curtain.

It certainly sounds like you tried to do the right thing, but she wasn't into seeing that aspect of it.

Next time - shop alone.

Gala

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 03:03 pm
@ebrown p,
Quote:
They are always being presumptuous.

Maybe this applies to all the women you know. In this instance, she definitely stepped over a boundary.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 03:03 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
If she taking baths or showers at his place, she's got a say so in the shower curtain issue.

whoa nellie, that's just crazy

she can shower at home if she's got an issue
Gala

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 03:06 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
A man cannot live on bile alone, unless he has make-up sex somewhere soon after the argument. I hope it comes to that for kicky, although, so far, it sounds as if the argument has been going on a little longer than appropriate.
DrewDad

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 03:08 pm
@kickycan,
I'm with JPB: she get's a say in the shower curtains when she's paying rent.

But, it's not about the shower curtains.

I suspect that for her, it's about whether you care enough about her to take her suggestions.
dyslexia

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 03:08 pm
@kickycan,
well Kicky, I see it's time for our little chat. Now, in my many years of experience, the many many episodes of marital disharmony have never been centered on such trite topics as sex, religion, politics or family but rather on the vastly important issues of thread count for the sheets, who sleeps on which side and shower curtains. These are the issues that make or break relationships. I see nothing but bliss in your (and her) future if you keep this in mind. Also make sure to always roll (never fold) your socks before putting them away.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 03:11 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
She can haul around her own vinyl shower liner in her purse if she's such a freak about your shower/shower curtain.

Problem solved.

Buy a second shower curtain. She puts it up before her shower, takes it down afterward.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 03:12 pm
@ehBeth,
now you're talking...... shower, freshen up at home, drop by, do the nasty and then carry your ass home to clean up.

Kicky this is the best advice so far.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 03:13 pm
@Gala,
makeup sex
cocaine
pizza

always good, never a bad time, never too late.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 03:18 pm
Why are the men (except engineer) the only one seeing the absolute truth and simplicity in this?

Put up the shower curtain, and move on.

Believe me, if she's happy, the chances of kickys happiness is greatly increased.

btw, if engineer rephased that statement back to me, then said "I just don't think it's me" It would be my job to inform him that, yes, indeed it is.

Gala

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 03:23 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
I suspect that for her, it's about whether you care enough about her to take her suggestions.

It sounds to me as if she's testing him.
Gala

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 03:26 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
btw, if engineer rephased that statement back to me, then said "I just don't think it's me" It would be my job to inform him that, yes, indeed it is.

That made me laugh outloud.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 03:27 pm
I must add that the only cereal argument the Lady Diane have had is over the fact that our glass shower door has etched around the edges a green vine, so tiny it's nearly invisible but SHE demands that I have the glass door sand blasted to remove the vine as she finds it offensive. So far I've managed to ignore her by changing the subject to rolling vs folding my socks.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 03:28 pm
@kickycan,
To answer your general question: yes, people have fights about stupid stuff. The fights aren't really about the stupid stuff, though.

The fights are about how people feel about the stupid stuff.
farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 03:30 pm
@DrewDad,
whoa, weve achieved a breakthrough here!!

You are obviously dangerous to women's plans for planetary control DD.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 03:31 pm
@Gala,
Quote:
Quote:

It sounds to me as if she's testing him.

In Spanish the word for this is "mandilón" a word that comes from the word for "apron" and implies a demasculated and obedient.male.

The only counterpart for this in English is too vulgar for use in polite company. (The question is whether she cares enough about Kicky to let him make his own decisions about his apartment.)

farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2009 03:32 pm
@ebrown p,
yeh, we shore dont wanna say pussy whipped to all these Baptists.
0 Replies