To stay or not to stay ---That is the question.

blatham

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 12:34 pm
Perhaps I've misremembered. It might have been Aunt Nettie.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 01:01 pm
@blatham,
Hi there Bernie. How's it going up there in Portland?

Anyway-enough of that eh? What were the new dynamics and new ideas etc? If you shared them instead of keeping them secret I'm sure we would all benefit and that is a worthwhile purpose in life. I can think of few more worthy purposes than to be of benefit to us lot on here. One of us might be influential. Who knows?

I think you left A2K because you can't stand getting pissed on in an argument. All lefties are the same in that regard. That's why they eventually coalesce as a soggy, wet lump in a private world of fantasy in which they envision themselves controlling more and more people. As the facts of life are conservative they can't win an argument except by stopping it at the point just before their ideas are tried out in practice.

What was the thesis which you imply you inspired on Ms Maddow's show. If we are to be told about it we ought to be given an opportunity to evaluate it. Or are we to take it, that your thesis has been sufficiently validated by it having floated up, and not having been subjected to testing, on Ms Maddow's show. Which is noise to fill up the space between the ads. You are starting to coalesce you see.

Unlike you I can resist making play with her name. But I couldn't resist checking out her wiki entry. Right up your street. But I'm slightly intrigued about the satisfaction. That's an admission that it's a ego game isn't it. That's addictive you know like all other satisfying substances. I bet you don't miss her show very much now. Hoping for another. Which is proof that you made the correct decision for yourself in seeking to be more influential. To get to the top you need to be a serious addict of that sort of thing. Otherwise you get like me and don't give a ****. And that's no good if you wan't to be influential.

As a matter of interest, why do you wish to be influential?

There's a large battle being played out live on our TV screens at this very moment in front of the BBC's main building between people who wish to somehow, anyhow, be more influential in the broad political conversation. We have had an hour of it so far without any adverts so you can imagine how serious it is.

Unlike you I can resist making play with Ms Maddow's name. But I couldn't resist checking out her wiki entry. Right up your street. Is she running for office soon? She has certain credentials which might make her seem in the eyes of many a serious candidate for the highest office/s. I would think about a barnacle job if I was you.

Actually, I don't find peeking in here interferes with my reading or my joining in conversations with different groups and being exposed to new ideas. I find dynamics impossible to avoid. I've improved my reading no end since coming on A2K. I read Moby Dick due to an A2Ker. I've read books about the US Constitution would you believe? I found it a stretch beyond quantum physics for comprehensibility despite it being written in a language we can easily imagine we can understand and which therefore imparts to it a credibility directly proportional to our estimate of our own capacity to understand things.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 01:06 pm
@blatham,
wow blatham, sorry if I offended you. Ive always taken you like dys. HArd to offend , so lets keep tryin.
spendius

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 01:10 pm
I got my editing a bit askew there. Apologies all round.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 01:41 pm
I apologize to anyone I may have offended in the last few minutes.
Ticomaya

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 01:41 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Note the deluded, self-serving nature of what OSD posts. Not even a significant minority of Americans see the world as he does, never mind most Americans. It is an all too common fallacy of opinionated people that their viewpoints are widely or commonly held.

Note the vinegar that Setanta sprays around with virtually post he makes.

What a sour little jackass.
spendius

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 01:49 pm
@Ticomaya,
Vinegar's okay Tico. I put it on chips, in tomato sauce and genuine pea-and-ham soup.

I thought it was quite kind of Set to have refrained from the expression "let alone her legs" in one of his sentences earlier.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 02:02 pm
@Ticomaya,
"with virtually every post..." ya douche bag. Try to get a grip on english and speling.
Ticomaya

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 02:52 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
"with virtually every post..." ya douche bag. Try to get a grip on english and speling.

You're attacking MY speling? There's not a single instance in the past where I've denigrated either you or your writing here. Not once. But you feel a need to take another opportunity here to do so with me?

I am deeply wounded.
farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 06:49 pm
@Ticomaya,
HAve a kreplach and a schmear. Looks like I wont have to worry about the Iggles in the playoffs the way they are looking.

So, ya wanna bet on Phillies/Yankees?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 06:55 pm
it's funny. Bernie drops by to say hi and every alpha dog appears, pissin on trees and markin their territory Very Happy
blatham

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 07:42 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
wow blatham, sorry if I offended you. Ive always taken you like dys. HArd to offend , so lets keep tryin.

Well, then my embarrassment is acute and will be for ...I'm better now. My sincere apology at taking you wrong-headedish. If I didn't like you, and I think I probably do, I wouldn't have said those things about your Aunty Nettie's shoes.
blatham

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 07:44 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
it's funny. Bernie drops by to say hi and every alpha dog appears, pissin on trees and markin their territory

Things have changed. It used to be the alpha girls. Are they not pissing on the trees here anymore?
blatham

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 07:47 pm
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
I apologize to anyone I may have offended in the last few minutes.

The President and I forgive you, being big on the empathy thing and perceiving your weakened state.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 07:55 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Things have changed.

They use the loo
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 08:26 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

it's funny. Bernie drops by to say hi and every alpha dog appears, pissin on trees and markin their territory Very Happy

So...if I look at this thread, I'll know who the alpha dogs are?
blatham

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2009 07:43 am
@dlowan,
Beta Bernie waves to Delta Dame.
Francis

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2009 08:05 am
@blatham,
Phi..ewww!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2009 08:32 am
Gamma Gal?