39
   

To stay or not to stay ---That is the question.

 
 
dyslexia
 
  2  
Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 04:47 pm
@Merry Andrew,
I think kicky has pretty much covered that issue.
0 Replies
 
spendius
 
  0  
Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 04:53 pm
@kickycan,
You have to admit kicky that being asked to leave, because it is impolite to come right out and say "**** off", is a process of some subtlety. Shuffling of the feet say or gathering the papers up or even just yawning and it's a bit like beauty-it's in the eye of the beholder.

Pedantic, barrack-room lawyer definitions may well be different but if hawk felt he was being asked to leave then it is incumbent upon us all to treat his feelings with respect.
OCCOM BILL
 
  0  
Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 05:11 pm
@spendius,
Says you. I wish Robert would ask the lying piece of **** to leave. My preference would be that he leave in a box. I'll not soon start treating misogynistic rape-advocating pieces of **** with respect.
hawkeye10
 
  -2  
Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 05:11 pm
@spendius,
not the best example, but it will do:
Quote:
Oh you martyr you. I hope you do leave, you are just a troll that provides nothing of value. You don't "debate" you just toss out vague rants that you can't begin to substantiate.

http://able2know.org/topic/136683-3

rated +5 on that fabulous popularity poll
spendius
 
  -4  
Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 05:14 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
You obviously don't know the feminist argument concerning rape Bill. Germaine Greer would laugh at you getting on your high horse to prove what a caring and compassionate person you are.
hawkeye10
 
  -2  
Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 05:15 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Well yes, we are well aware of your lack of humanity. It really is not necessary to continue to parade your obvious moral failings.
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 06:09 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

You have to admit kicky that being asked to leave,
because it is impolite to come right out and say "**** off", is a process of some subtlety.
U have the logic of this turned around, backward.

It is clear and it makes cognizable sense to ask someone to leave.
On the other hand, saying: "**** off" is to demand sexual mating,
as distinct from departure hence. If someone chooses to demand
of someone else that he absent himself, he shoud be told the former
not the latter, contrary to what u appear to imply.

I 'm just defending sound reasoning here.





David
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 06:15 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

You obviously don't know the feminist argument concerning rape Bill.
Germaine Greer would laugh at you getting on your high horse
to prove what a caring and compassionate person you are.
Bill 's posts indicate a very violently minded man,
much more than what I have been accused of because of my support
of the right to armed self-defense, but be that as it may,
in fairness, Bill has the right to his own opinion,
regardless of any views of Germaine Greer.

Bill is not required to check with her as to what arguments he can raise.





David
0 Replies
 
kickycan
 
  4  
Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 06:20 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10, the lying piece of ****, wrote:
Robert has on several occasions asked me to leave


I then responded that Hawkeye10 is a lying piece of ****, and in response,

The lying piece of **** wrote:

not the best example, but it will do:
Quote:
Oh you martyr you. I hope you do leave, you are just a troll that provides nothing of value. You don't "debate" you just toss out vague rants that you can't begin to substantiate.

http://able2know.org/topic/136683-3

rated +5 on that fabulous popularity poll


I don't see Robert asking you to leave anywhere in that post. I suppose, since he's asked you "several times" to leave, that you can easily supply us with more examples. Don't worry, we'll wait right here while you go find them.

Ya lying piece of ****.
blatham
 
  2  
Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 06:25 pm
Can't we all just get a tub of baby oil and rub up against each other slowly?
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  0  
Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 06:33 pm
@kickycan,
kickycan wrote:

hawkeye10, the lying piece of ****, wrote:
Robert has on several occasions asked me to leave


I then responded that Hawkeye10 is a lying piece of ****, and in response,

The lying piece of **** wrote:

not the best example, but it will do:
Quote:
Oh you martyr you. I hope you do leave, you are just a troll that provides nothing of value.
You don't "debate" you just toss out vague rants that you can't begin to substantiate.

http://able2know.org/topic/136683-3

rated +5 on that fabulous popularity poll


I don't see Robert asking you to leave anywhere in that post. Ya lying piece of ****.
POSTS LIKE THIS ARE REMINISCENT OF ABUZZ B4 IT WENT UNDER,
JUST DRIPPING WITH THE VENOM OF PERSONAL HATRED & OBSCENITY.

IT IS VERY UNSEEMLY
.

Such posts tell us more about their SOURCE
than about the target of the character assassination.

This is not any commentary about Hawkeye,
be he good, bad or indifferent.


I 'm just sticking up for civility and politeness here
and fully expect to receive an obscene response.





David
kickycan
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 06:53 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

kickycan wrote:

hawkeye10, the lying piece of ****, wrote:
Robert has on several occasions asked me to leave


I then responded that Hawkeye10 is a lying piece of ****, and in response,

The lying piece of **** wrote:

not the best example, but it will do:
Quote:
Oh you martyr you. I hope you do leave, you are just a troll that provides nothing of value.
You don't "debate" you just toss out vague rants that you can't begin to substantiate.

http://able2know.org/topic/136683-3

rated +5 on that fabulous popularity poll


I don't see Robert asking you to leave anywhere in that post. Ya lying piece of ****.
POSTS LIKE THIS ARE REMINISCENT OF ABUZZ B4 IT WENT UNDER,
JUST DRIPPING WITH THE VENOM OF PERSONAL HATRED & OBSCENITY.

IT IS VERY UNSEEMLY
.

Such posts tell us more about their SOURCE
than about the target of the character assassination.

This is not any commentary about Hawkeye,
be he good, bad or indifferent.


I 'm just sticking up for civility and politeness here
and fully expect to receive an obscene response.





David


You're right. It was totally uncivil of me to point out what a lying piece of **** he is.

I'm so very sorry for pointing out what a lying piece of **** that lying piece of **** is, and hope that, in the spirit of civility, you can forgive me for making sure that it is known what a lying piece of **** that lying piece of **** is.

Now I will put a smiley-face emoticon here to let everyone know how civil I am.

Smile
hawkeye10
 
  -4  
Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 06:54 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
POSTS LIKE THIS ARE REMINISCENT OF ABUZZ B4 IT WENT UNDER


Well heck David, did you ever connect the two fragments? Most people do not willingly place themselves in abusive environments. That the abuse is for the most part perpetrated by those who are sure that they are right, and holier than thou, is a repeat of what we have seen all down history.
dlowan
 
  6  
Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 07:20 pm
@kickycan,
Wallies.

Now you have allowed Hawk to make yet another thread about him and his imagined grievances.

This was actually (whether for good or ill) a thread about Finn.

C'mon Kicky, I'll tickle your can if you stop enabling the troll.
Below viewing threshold (view)
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 07:30 pm
@kickycan,
We went thru this on Abuzz quite a few times.
Some people are just unwilling to co-operate in being polite.
This is bad for the on-line community.
Many people were driven away from Abuzz
because of so much personal venom articulated
with obscenity. In fairness, its really not as bad here
as it was on Abuzz, but it is going in the rong direction.

I will go as far as to concede that if a poster is exceptionally worked up
in emotion, then it is more understandable that recourse
to foul language is employed, but some people use it all the time.

That just degrades the forum.

It is possible for people to say what thay mean without referring our attention to excrement.





David
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 07:38 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
POSTS LIKE THIS ARE REMINISCENT OF ABUZZ B4 IT WENT UNDER


Well heck David, did you ever connect the two fragments?
Most people do not willingly place themselves in abusive environments.
That the abuse is for the most part perpetrated by those who are sure
that they are right, and holier than thou, is a repeat of what we have seen all down history.
Connect WHAT 2 fragments?
or connect 2 fragments of WHAT ?
0 Replies
 
dyslexia
 
  3  
Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 07:46 pm
jesus ******* christ I get sick from just reading all this ****.
Ticomaya
 
  2  
Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 07:57 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:
jesus ******* christ I get sick from just reading all this ****.

The other threads are over thattaways ...
roger
 
  1  
Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 09:38 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Yes
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

The first lady of Jacobean Sex Comedy - Discussion by izzythepush
Horror movie from '90 to '00 - Question by DraganaT
Movie Fans: Any TCM FANS???? - Discussion by glitterbag
Did I overreact? - Question by downunder1234
Signal! - Question by chirchri
Is my ex a psychopathic nutcase? - Question by misstormented25
 
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/24/2020 at 09:53:49