Favorite Potent Potable when you can't have Beer.

Piffka

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 12:49 pm
We had a song about it, we loved it so much. Kinda young and silly!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 01:37 pm
Anyone ever tried Cachaca?

Also, for you margarita lovers out there, here's a trick. Don't buy those expensive mixes, just get some frozen lemonade concentrate. Mix that, water, a strong dose of Sauza tequila, and a splash of lime, and you're in business. You can do it by the glassful. A tablespoon of concentrate is all you need. Delish.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 01:51 pm
Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnno, I'd rather have the fresh limes. I need my vitamin C.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 01:52 pm
I once used to drink a mix of coffee and cachaca after lunch. It took me a week to understand it was too strong.

Never tried the thing pure.
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 03:05 pm
cjhsa: Did you REALLY just say, "Delish"?

Oh, my!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 03:21 pm
Sorry Max, I've had a few... Drunk

Let's just say these are "very good".
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 04:37 pm
No aplogies necessary, old buddy, just don't puke in my shoes and stay away from Maximom's naughty bits and we'll get along just handsomely!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 05:06 pm
If anyone is wondering why I'm drinking at 2:30 in the afternoon when I'm supposed to be working, well, I'm not.

What I really meant by "had a few" is cold pills. Them and penicillin. Caught a nasty virus and then a secondary infection followed. Blech.

Later tonight I'll wash down my nighttime meds with a little warm brandy and sleep, sleep, sleep.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 05:27 pm
http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/ernaehrung/ernaehrung012.gif
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 05:38 pm
Where'd you get that moonshine chugging emotionicon? I was able to download it but have no idea how to use it in a post here.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 05:51 pm
Go into preview after you type something, you will find BBCode - click on this and find the proper instruction for including an image.

Showing images in posts
Adding an image to a post click

[img]http:// your url for image goes in here without blanks [/img]

Hope this helps!
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 06:36 pm
Gimme a Mojito any time, th eperfect pick-up drink if you're a bit tired after work. The oils in the lime and the peppermitleaves has an effect just like coffee, only quicker and tastier!
Other than that, a TnT is ok anytime, Tanqueray and tonic, that is!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 06:38 pm
Bombay Sapphire, mmmm. Got on a big Sapphire martini kick at home for a while, mmmmm, back before the 'tini made its big comeback, I think.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 06:56 pm
I had a nice stiff gimlet last night. My date was nearly appaled.

Going abck to the tequila... my favorite drink combo of my entire life was this a shot of patron and a microbrew ale at the brewpub in Cortez, CO. I'd just spent a week in utah <argh!>and had just come down from <gulp!> mesa verde (my feet still sweat just thinking about it). I fell in love with that pub, I loved everything in it and about it. Sigh.

Also tops on the tequila drinking is the pararie fire - a shot of tequila with a shot of hot sauce.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 07:25 pm
Gads. LittleK!!! A shot of tequila and a shot of hot sauce???
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 07:27 pm
That's just the correct way to drink it.
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 07:32 pm
patiodog, there ain't NUTHIN like a Bombay Sapphire martini. We have one every Friday night -- have for a few years, now -- but that is all. Just one. Only one night a week. That drink reaches parts of you that no other drink can reach.

If you have more than one, fights seem to break out. The next day, one can never recall what the argument was about. But it seemed important at the time....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 07:33 pm
Piffka - well, the shots are relative to the liquid. I guess I should have said a shake of hot sauce....
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 4 Dec, 2002 10:34 pm
Piffka, try Fresh-Squeezed Lime Juice, Cuervo 1800 and Grand Marnier, shaken with shaved ice then strained into a WELL CHILLED Margarita glass, the rim of which has been dipped in coarse-ground kosher salt. Garnish with a slice of fresh lime.

timber
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2002 02:03 am
Say what you want about Wisconsin (personally I love it) but one thing you have to admit, when it comes to drinking, those folks are in the bigs!

I can almost taste it, t-land!
0 Replies