cjhsa

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 02:57 pm
What do you think of Quiznos? I personally think it sucks, I've never had a sub that I liked there. What really gets me is that next door to the one near me is a great Italian sub/pasta shop that serves real hot Italain subs, veal parm, meatball, chicken parm...mmm.

I also hated that dying rat thing Quiznos did on one of their commercials. Who thought that up? Eeek.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 7,748 • Replies: 23
No top replies

mac11

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 02:58 pm
I've only been there a couple of times and thought it was okay - sort of like Subway, Blimpies, etc. We have a local/regional sandwich chain called Antone's that I like much better.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 02:59 pm
Oh, and I really hated the singing rats.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 02:59 pm
I think they are bringing that freakin' rat thing back....I work in tv ad sales and in one of our magazines they were talking about it. God help us all.

i won't eat there on a sanitary basis....I mean who wants to eat at a restaurant that has those things running around in it? :wink:
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 03:00 pm
The commercial they have, it's annoying, but it does the job...it sticks in your head.

I like the actual subs from Quiznos. They're not unreal, but I think they're pretty good.

What I don't like, is it takes those people forever. They've got too many "stations." But the inside is set up nicer than Subway or Deangelos.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 06:32 am
hahaha, I think those hamsters are hilarious. Scary looking, but they make folks remember "Quiznos." I love Quiznos but it's so dang expensive!! They do give you large portions. Yum. Subway asks if you want your sandwiches toasted now, so I can't imagine Quiznos is doing well (prices).

schlotsky's filed for bankruptcy. The only sandwich I like there is the classic. I LOVE their double cheese&pepperoni pizza. I have my entire family hooked on them. Smile
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 09:18 am
My friend's brother is the owner of Quiznos (he lives out west) and the singing vermin was his idea. She says that, as children, he used to stand in the doorway of her bedroom and torment her with an untuned guitar and his bad singing and she insists that the whole rat/hamster concept came from this.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 09:23 am
Quiznos here in Canada is okay, and as it's franchised, the quality varies from place to place. Subway is far more prolific here, and in a pinch, they aren't too bad, and more consistent. If I want a real Italian sub though, little Italy is within walking distance from my apartment.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 09:25 am
Subway will always be able to outprice Quiznos as they are owned by McDonalds.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 09:29 am
Oops. My friends' brother 'started' Quiznos years ago as it is indeed franchised. as cav noted. I've never had one of their sandwiches. And that vermin in the ad sure won't entice me in.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 11:19 am
I don't get it. It's all bread and no meat. People line up for this place and ignore the far superior italian place next door.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 11:47 am
I like em better than Subway.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 11:52 am
I think Quiznos is definitely better than Subway, but not as good as D'Angelos.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 11:57 am
cjhsa wrote:
I don't get it. It's all bread and no meat. People line up for this place and ignore the far superior italian place next door.

This is America. Cult favorites like Crispy Creme, In and Out, Starbucks et al go mainstream with a religious and inordinate devotion.

Gone unappreciated are non-franchised joints whose lack of ubiquity precludes them becoming a sweeping trend.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 02:33 pm
That's for sure Craven. I don't get the Krispy Kreme thing either. Give me a good old fashioned cake doughnut covered in chocolate any day. I do, however, give Starbucks credit for one thing - teaching America how to brew a properly strong cup of coffee. Nothing worse than weak coffee.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 02:51 pm
True, but then they go and do the American thing and make it a sugarfest.

Note: I happen to like the sugar coffee style, but it's not good coffee.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 03:08 pm
Starbucks coffee is lukewarm - why?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 05:21 pm
I've never noticed that, I just order it black with room for cream and it's usually hotter than snot. It even says so on the little hand protection sleeve. I do like a mocha once in awhile too.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 05:24 pm
Hmmm - white coffee here to take away is very hot - Starbucks' is merely warm. Very odd to Australian taste.

After seeing the Seinfeld where kramer sues the coffee people because he burns himself (almost successfully) I have always wondered if it is so that nobody hurts themselves by being dumb, and sues!!!!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 05:29 pm
I love those flying hamsters with 2nd grader teeth.

Its one of my all time favorite commercials.

<ahem>

Eat Quiznos subs!
They are a dollar off
when you bring a cou-pon!

They are precious!
0 Replies