Ha, Ha. It's Back! The A2K NFL "Pick-Um" Game!

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 10:03 pm
Thanks, Pan.
The sack by Foster was big.
But...
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 10:12 pm
PICK!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 10:12 pm
PSHEWWW!

Like Miami, Jax dominated time of posession, but Manning ran a 150 QB rating.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 11:24 am
I was awake until 05.30 hours watching what I thought was a poor game. The first two Colt's TDs were nearly dropped. Their defence didn't look too good either. They are not my choice to win the Superbowl.

Only picking them kept me awake.
panzade

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 11:33 am
@spendius,
You must have watched a different game you poopityhead.

Some of the greatest touchdown catches in NFL history were nearly dropped. The refs don't give out scores for artistic form.

The game was exciting with more than 6 lead changes and Jax got the ball back to win with 2:00 minutes left.
As poor as Indy's defense was, they managed to seal the deal with an interception.

The only glimmer of truth in your post was the statement that Indy would lose in the Super Bowl because of its poor defense...I think you're right...a good running team will eat them up as was seen earlier when Miami nearly beat them.

BTW. Congrats on leading in the U-Pick game...don't know how you do it-week in, week out.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 11:34 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Miami @ Tennessee mulling, want the Titans …

want the Titans, but can't bring myself to say it

sooooooooo Miami it is (can they win again?)
McGentrix

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 11:40 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

BTW. Congrats on leading in the U-Pick game...don't know how you do it-week in, week out.

He's only been the leader a single week, sheesh.
spendius

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 11:48 am
@McGentrix,
Two weeks innit? And at the right time. I hope.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 11:54 am
@ehBeth,
I know what you mean. I just don't know if Miami can suck it up and win on the road
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 11:56 am
@McGentrix,
LOL, sorry McG. I didn't mean to imply that he's been leading every week. I just noticed that he's on top this week.
Imagine how we'd do if we were handicapping the UK Premier League...not as well I think.

I'm comin to get ya sucker!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 02:17 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
Tico also owes us his pick in the Dallas - New Orleans game.

Doh.

Meant to pick the Saints.
George

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 02:56 pm
Spirit of the Season -- cheerleader style.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0912/nfl.cheerleaders.week14/images/cowboys.opod-42313-mid.jpg
(Check out the hand and camera, lower left.)
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 03:30 pm
@Ticomaya,
Aren't they gorgeous Tico? I bet you wish you were 18 again what? Progeny of the "Missing Link" some say.

They really do do the perfect dance when there's a touchdown after a fierce battle in the red zone. It's a pity the cameras don't show it more.

What do you think about me being No 1 for the last two weeks. Do you think I can hold on to the wire?

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 03:46 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
What do you think about me being No 1 for the last two weeks. Do you think I can hold on to the wire?

I think it's true ... a blind squirrel can find a nut. And occasionally, several nuts in a row.

I'm, how you say ... sick as a parrot about it.
panzade

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 04:08 pm
@Ticomaya,
touche
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 04:09 pm
Indianapolis

New Orleans

Baltimore
New England
Arizona
Kansas City
Tennessee
Houston
NY Jets
Philadelphia

Denver
San Diego
Green Bay
Seattle

Minnesota

NY Giants 27-16
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 04:25 pm
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
I think it's true ... a blind squirrel can find a nut. And occasionally, several nuts in a row.

I don't know whether that's clever or plain dumb. I'll assume the former.

The consolation of being as sick as a parrot is that it makes over the moons better fun.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 04:35 pm
I need picks for the remaining games from Miz Cowdoc, ElStud, JPinMilw and JPB.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 05:27 pm
Chaos in Cville. It started snowing 2 hours ago. The consensus amongst forecasters is that we will get 12-16" overnight and into tomorrow as the storm moves up the east coast. Washington, 100 miles north, could get 2 feet, paralyzing a Congress already paralyzed on the health care issue.
Traffic, even before the snow started, was insane. I stopped by Kroger, but quickly left. People were waiting in line for grocery carts and were 10 deep in each of the 12 check-out lines.
I like to watch asphalt and snow do battle on the cul de sac and parking lots behind me. The asphalt fighting against the snow attempting to encroach. It has been cold and overcast all day. The pavement gave up with no fight.
I see that there has been a significant amount of snow in the U.K. My brother called from Germany reporting 2-4" of snow where he is.
I haven't checked out places where yall are.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 05:34 pm
@realjohnboy,
High of 49F here tomorrow. It only snowed here at dawn on the day of my be there at dawn surgery (very exciting, dark, icy to get there or be square) and before that, when my cousins visited. Just call me Snow Queen, she says, solipsistically.