Ha, Ha. It's Back! The A2K NFL "Pick-Um" Game!

ehBeth

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 08:55 pm
@Ticomaya,
well as long as you're comfy ...

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 09:23 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ok, long as you get better. Sounded like you had a tricky surgery.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 09:28 pm
@farmerman,
It is odd, ain't it, as a group we are courteous re background and I think most of us like it that way.

But, of course, the dogs will win. That is me, or Jespah, or ehBeth - am I forgetting anyone?
spendius

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 07:32 am
@farmerman,
9 points is a big spread fm in games at this stage. I hope it's not another straw man.

The Cowboys are in good form. Will it be cold? I've seen footballers from Italy and Spain become disheveled in Moscow and they run about a lot which NFL players don't.

Best wishes to Tico. I'm not wishing that for the rest of you because it entails more global warming. I'm a very socially responsible person in case you haven't noticed. I gave up being responsible on my own behalf years ago.

George

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 07:51 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

It is odd, ain't it, as a group we are courteous re background and I think most of us like it that way.

But, of course, the dogs will win. That is me, or Jespah, or ehBeth - am I forgetting anyone?

Arf.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 10:19 am
@spendius,
I Googied NFL betting spreads and Eagles are 4 underdogs.

Very crafty of you fm to invent a 9 and also say you think the Cowboys will win.

As long as the Cowboys don't win by nine or more you can claim you won money and you can also claim you predicted a Cowboys win.

Pull the other one mate. It might get past the ladies who don't understand these things but it won't get by me.

That's the sort of thing I have to deal with on the evolution threads.
wandeljw

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 10:23 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
That's the sort of thing I have to deal with on the evolution threads.

You have had far greater success on this thread than on the evolution threads. Different subject, different methodology.
spendius

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 10:35 am
@wandeljw,
Success on the evolution threads wande can only be asserted and assertions, such as the one above, are a stock rhetorical trick of the anti-IDers. Insults, straw men and fantasy are also very common. As is blustering and bombast.

I hereby assert that I have wiped the floor, singlehandedly, with the massed opposition on those threads. The competition on this thread is far more severe.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 7 Jan, 2010 10:49 am
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
I thought of you today while reading and hearing about the horrible weather in the U.K. You doing okay? I don't think I know where abouts you are. Probably some place like Cheese in the River. Yall have funny place names there.

We have here in Northern England about 4 inches of snow and freezing temperatures all day. But I'm managing okay and thanks for asking. I lie on my couch all day as there's nothing to do in my line of work in these conditions. A great 5 day Test Match in South Africa has just finished as a draw and going to the very last ball.

I saw a bit of the game last week in Buffalo played in heavy snow. How do you do that with the lines all covered over.

I think place names are very revealing about a nation's psychology. A lot of American place names are very romantic I think. Salt Lick Creek for example. And Mississippi.
CowDoc

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 10:07 am
@spendius,
....and you might appreciate Bloody Dick Creek in southwest Montana.
Ragman

Reply Sat 9 Jan, 2010 09:05 am
@CowDoc,
chuckles...oops..wincing
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 04:27 pm
This thread is probably long since dead but there is some NFL news to report today (3/24). By a surprising margin, the teams recommended a rule change regarding overtime.
Overtime will still start with a coin toss. Now it is "sudden death," where the 1st team to score wins via Field Goal or Touchdown. The new rule is that if the team winning the toss scores a FG on its 1st possession, the other team will get one more possession to either tie it with a FG or win it with a TD.
It strikes me as a decent solution to a problem that I am not sure really exists.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 04:29 pm
@realjohnboy,
how many more commercial breaks will they average that way?

at least 3.
JPB

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 04:32 pm
@realjohnboy,
I liked it better when a game ended at the end of regulation play and if it was tied then it ended in a tie (playoffs excluded).
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 04:33 pm
@Rockhead,
You are a cynical asshole, RH. You are not suggesting that money played a role in this? It is all about fairness!
Rockhead

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 04:35 pm
@realjohnboy,
thank you, rjb.

fairness always wins, you know that...
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 04:36 pm
If the 2nd team also scores a FG, it reverts to "sudden death." I didn't make that clear.
spendius

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 05:50 pm
@realjohnboy,
It will be the money Johnny as Rocky said. Nobody gives a **** about anything else.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 05:59 pm
I feel that it is a good change. Equalizes the chances.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2010 06:12 pm
Oh dear. Isn't Ed sweet?