Ha, Ha. It's Back! The A2K NFL "Pick-Um" Game!

ossobuco

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 02:03 pm
Thanks for the hard work and all the fun, RJB.!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 02:29 pm
@lmur,
Thanks Imur. I don't bet much anymore. I prefer now to aggravate people enough so that they watch the game with an intensity in direct proportion to their desire to see my pick lose. To almost transform them into a fan of my pick's opponents. Make the game more enjoyable for them like when Tico slams the fridge door or Mac lurches forward in the chair in an attempted tackle on my pick's wide receiver as he surges along the out of bounds and dances into the end-zone before diving into the crowd where the fanatics gather.

Diving into the crowd here is punished with a yellow card. It has reduced such incidents but not stopped them.

Was it JPB who posted "groan"? That's enjoyable. Being cool and blase--allahkeefik the Arabs say--is no good. You need to be yelling at the screen.

And now for a Domino Pizza.
0 Replies

ElStudHoncho

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 04:46 pm
Thanks RJB for taking care of us! Everyone have a good winter............and Gooooooooo Cowboys!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 04:52 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

That is the link to the A2K NFL Playoff thread. Join us there for more silliness.
wandeljw

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 05:15 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

realjohnboy wrote:

22) Wandeljw (157-89 .613) ends down one from 21st.
22) JPB - fellow Chicagoan - does the same thing.

Ahhhhhhhh... How sweet is that?!?!?!

Congrats to Spendi -- it was fun watching you get interested in the game as the season progressed.

Great job on keeping things straight, fun and interesting, rjb.

Ya done good!

I was happy to see us tied, JPB. I didn't say anything because everyone was making a fuss about spendius! Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 05:16 pm
@realjohnboy,
Thanks for the work you put into this, realjohnboy. You and your pencils keep me coming back.
Miz Cowdoc

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 05:20 pm
@ehBeth,
Same here RJB .... It has been great fun.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 06:03 pm
I'm waiting to see what Tico has to say.
Ticomaya

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 04:26 pm
@spendius,
About what?

Congrats on winning. I have always sucked at this game. I'm relegated to being pleased to have finished above the George Line (and Wandeljw).
alex240101

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 05:10 pm
Thank you realjohnboy for all your work. You even managed to make the ranks below the: "george line" entertaining.
Quote:
We...are...off and running - or perhaps passing. No one changed picks.
I failed to note that Lmur (in 27th) and Alex (4 games ahead in 26th) differ on 10 games.
farmerman

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 05:52 pm
@alex240101,
Agreed RJB. Ive been peeking in from time to time and found that this thread has been able to draw folks of disparate interests and beliefs together. Very kewl , and I see that about everyone involved has appreciated it. I think you should be conferred a special hamsterian office status, I do.
George

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 05:54 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Agreed RJB. Ive been peeking in from time to time and found that this thread
has been able to draw folks of disparate interests and beliefs together. Very kewl ,
and I see that about everyone involved has appreciated it. I think you should
be conferred a special hamsterian office status, I do.

Well, there goes the neighborhood.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 06:00 pm
@Ticomaya,
hey Tico - I hope you're home from the horsespitall soon.
realjohnboy

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 06:15 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Ive been peeking in from time to time

So you are the one responsible for driving up the number of views!
You got any opinions on the Wild Card games this weekend?
spendius

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 06:17 pm
@realjohnboy,
fm usually waits for the results to come in before offering his pearls of wisdom Johnny.
realjohnboy

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 06:22 pm
@spendius,
Sounds like a challenge, Spendi.
I thought of you today while reading and hearing about the horrible weather in the U.K. You doing okay? I don't think I know where abouts you are. Probably some place like Cheese in the River. Yall have funny place names there.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 06:27 pm
@ehBeth,
Tico's in the horsepital???? Say it ain't so..
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 07:10 pm
@realjohnboy,
Im only going to watch the Philly/Dallas game. The line is still 9 points and I think that its worth a bet on Philly. I dont expect them to win but they will beat the spread this time.

WHO said that Tico's in the horspistol?
ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 07:15 pm
@farmerman,
I dunno, last I saw he was on the couch watching football, but that was a while ago.
Ticomaya

Reply Wed 6 Jan, 2010 08:49 pm
@ossobuco,
Yep ... I've moved on to a hospital bed watching the Suns play the Rockets. The hospital bed is much more comfy than the couch.